Josh Allen interview - NFL on NBC

JerseyBills

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

What is he doing?? Why is he giving interviews before such an important game? Clearly he’s not even focused if he’s doing something like this!! Rawr, anger anger anger…(am I doing this right? Some of y’all know how to react ridiculously angry to stuff like this, just wanna make sure I’m doing it correctly 😬😬)

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

• Like (+1) 1

That was a good interview. Got Josh thinking in different ways to most.

Intresting stuff about his leadership. Someone (people? Brady?) must have made it clear to him that he is better trying to be true to himself than changing his leadership style. The days of low positive are thankfully long gone.

Also, Michael Smith might have the single most mellifluous, liquid smooth deep baritone that I have heard in years. Delicious.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Simstim said:

Also, Michael Smith might have the single most mellifluous, liquid smooth deep baritone that I have heard in years. Delicious.

I was wondering if he sang jazz. Unfortunately Michael Smith is too common name to search effectively.

There used to be a Smooth Jazz station I loved in DC area but it is gone.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Simstim said:

That was a good interview. Got Josh thinking in different ways to most.

Intresting stuff about his leadership. Someone (people? Brady?) must have made it clear to him that he is better trying to be true to himself than changing his leadership style. The days of low positive are thankfully long gone.

Josh just needed a fresh cut, all is right in the world now.

25 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Hard to watch that whole thing and not think this team is going to the Super Bowl.  Josh as confident as I ever remember.

He had that knowing smirk throughout the interview.  The one that Brady had and I’d think “sh*t, they are going to win it all (again).”

Edited by Tim Tindale
  • Agree 1

Good interview! It sucks knowing Josh hears all that "turnover machine" noise, but we already knew that he's aware of the media/fan discussions. I posted these stats in a comment under this interview, but here they are again:

Allen: 37 TDs / 17 turnovers

Hurts: 33 TDs / 17 turnovers

Mahomes: 25 TDs / 15 turnovers

Tua: 25 TDs / 15 turnovers

Lawrence: 22 TDs / 16 turnovers

Lamar: 22 TDs / 13 turnovers

Any coach in the league would take 2 more turnovers in exchange for 12 more TDs, so people need to have some perspective. Purdy & Dak are the only 2 that really stand out though.

Purdy: 31 TDs / 9 turnovers

Dak: 30 TDs / 8 turnovers

If the Bills didn't choke to the Pats, have 12 men on the field vs the Broncos, & didn't allow 24 points in the 4th/OT vs the Eagles, the Bills being at 11-3 or even 10-4 would likely have Josh as an MVP frontrunner right now 🥺

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.