Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, my, Cincinnati.

So first of all, does Jake Browning (who?) putting up like 70% completion and close to (or better than) 300 ypg passing in like 3 of his 4 starts, make one think differently about Burrow and how much of the Bengals offensive success is actually resting on their system and their 3 great WR? 

I mean, here's this guy who's been playing "left bench" for 2 1/2 seasons with the Bengals after kicking around on the Vikes practice squad for 2 years, and he's lighting it up.  

I have no idea how we let Cincinnati beat us, unless the team just had collective PTSD from the Hamlin incident.

I expect them to walk over the Steelers, and can only hope that KC and the Browns give them Hella Fight.

Jake Browning also got very lucky on essentially a Hail Mary to Tee Higgins. If the defender in the area made a competent play on the ball that wouldn’t even be a TD. I think Browning will come back down to earth when browning is asked to go toe to toe with a competent offense 

9 hours ago, BBFL said:

If you told me pregame that Josh will throw for under 80 yards and we would win I don’t think it would be believable. Defense and the run game destroyed the Cowboys…

Credit to the whole coaching staff. Especially McD, Brady and Kromer. 

Statement win. 

The game plan was to win not hit records.  Davis and Reggie Gilliam played well in auxiliary roles.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

The game plan was to win not hit records.  Davis and Reggie Gilliam played well in auxiliary roles.

Im not critiquing the game plan nor the outcome for records. I just didn’t think I’d see a game where Josh is under a total of 125 yards air&ground where we win. 

Again, credit to all of the coaching staff. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Im not critiquing the game plan nor the outcome for records. I just didn’t think I’d see a game where Josh is under a total of 125 yards air&ground where we win. 

Again, credit to all of the coaching staff. 

We have an actual running game.  There have been talk about Bills running game improving with some saying it was an illusion due to defenses faced or Josh Allen.  Cook has been in top 5 in RBs.  This time only talking heads who cannot change theirs minds will say Bills do not have a running game.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We have an actual running game.  There have been talk about Bills running game improving with some saying it was an illusion due to defenses faced or Josh Allen.  Cook has been in top 5 in RBs.  This time only talking heads who cannot change theirs minds will say Bills do not have a running game.

Cook is a stud and something has clicked with him recently as he’s now actually fighting for extra yards harder than games prior. And a running game is a necessity, especially with a QB as mobile and prolific throwing on the run as Josh. Anything that puts our guy in a position to not do it all is a plus. 

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

DAL DC never stacked the box. I Never understood that. I think they assumed OC/QB17 would “in next series” get impatient and throw.  

BOLTS game gets QB/WR happy-stats to balance out. 

Do you know if they still had light boxes in the 2nd half?

I'm Going to dig into the cover 1 content and Joe Marinos all 22 review tomorrow.

I would assume Dallas was still playing light in the 2nd half given the result, but it's just crazy to think since they were down 3 scores

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you know if they still had light boxes in the 2nd half?

I'm Going to dig into the cover 1 content and Joe Marinos all 22 review tomorrow.

I would assume Dallas was still playing light in the 2nd half given the result, but it's just crazy to think since they were down 3 scores

The Dallas snap count shows they played mostly with 4 down lineman, 1 linebacker and either 4 safeties and two CB's or 3 safeties and 3 CB's.

It was essentially a dime defense all night long. I think primarily bc their only have one starting LB currently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The Dallas snap count shows they played mostly with 4 down lineman, 1 linebacker and either 4 safeties and two CB's or 3 safeties and 3 CB's.

It was essentially a dime defense all night long. I think primarily bc their only have one starting LB currently. 

Thats so crazy they didn't adjust.

Like you're down 21, you would think they would have had taken more chances 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.