Notes from First Arrowhead Trip

NoHuddleKelly12

Awesome stuff OP,

Ā 

It was nice to see most of the bounces and penalty calls going Buffalo's way for a change. The Mahomes meltdown was not a good look for him.Ā  Joe Brady with another impressive game plan and play call vs the defending Superbowl champs. I really liked the way we looked today OP. Glad you could be there to represent.

Ā 

Thanks for sharingĀ Ā 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's awesome dude glad you and your son had a great time!Ā  I went to Arrowhead in 2015 and really enjoyed it as well.Ā  I think Arrowhead and Lambeau are tied for being my favorite NFL stadiums I've been to.Ā  I had a similar experience about the crowd not being as loud as I was expecting but the game we went to the weather was pretty crappy and it was Thanksgiving weekend so the locals told us it's usually a bit better than it was.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

A quarter of my family tree is from/buried in KC and I spent a lot of time there as a kid, especially in summers. Itā€™s a great place with great food and great people who are borderline insufferable about their football team. Ā Not unlike WNY in that respect. Ā Glad you had a good time. Ā Glad we beat their asses.Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Sal signing autographs like he is some big deal/celebrity?! Now thatā€™s funny lolĀ 

He literally was signing hats, posters (one kid had a poster board saying, ā€œAll I Want for Christmas is more Teeth and Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs to say Helloā€) and glad handing with surgical precision like he was heading to the showers after 2 a days in campā€”quite impressive! šŸ˜

Sometimes I think the treatment of away fans gets exaggerated.Ā  Heck, I am even friends with a Chiefs fan who went to see the Chiefs play in Philly a couple of years ago with a Chiefs hat on and he said he got through it just fine except for a few comments.Ā  And Philly is supposedly the worst of the worst.Ā  I recall about 9 or 10 years ago I was at an NE At Buffalo game, and, of course, there were a number of Pats fans in the stands.Ā  One Pats' fan had his son with him and a Bills fan gave him a friendly heads-up that there would be profanity yelled around his son.Ā  He wasn't disrespectful, just gave a fair warning, and that Pats fan was cool with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Went to Q39 when we were in Fountain City also...that place rocks!Ā  Best BBQ I ever have had, although some locals said it's not even in the top 3 but opinions seemed to varyĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Did you get to check out the little area that is modeled after Seville, Spain?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Awesome review of environment.Ā  Close as I got to KC game was on road for work and I drove by KC during a game.

Ā 

Did you see any of the Bills famous tailgaters like Kenny (Pinto Ron) in parking lot?

I did not; but during warmups I was standing next to a fan wearing a Buffalo felt headdress w/ hornsā€¦which was a nice touch šŸ˜„

1 hour ago, Nuncha said:

Capturez.JPG

I failed to mention no Swift sightings for us lol.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Went to Q39 when we were in Fountain City also...that place rocks!Ā  Best BBQ I ever have had, although some locals said it's not even in the top 3 but opinions seemed to varyĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Did you get to check out the little area that is modeled after Seville, Spain?

I didnā€™t, but sounds like a good tip for next time!

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I did not; but during warmups I was standing next to a fan wearing a Buffalo felt headdress w/ hornsā€¦which was a nice touch šŸ˜„

I failed to mention no Swift sightings for us lol.

I didnā€™t, but sounds like a good tip for next time!

Ā 

You definitely need to go there and check it out!Ā  The developer traveled there or lived in Seville for a time and loved it so much he literally build a replica of an area of the city right down to a famous church/building that was there. It was super cool...it's a little shopping district area.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.