Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

1 hour ago, harmonkillebrew said:

He was nonexistent today.  He dropped at least two screens. Sheffield was in for him again multiple times on key downs.

What is going with him and the WR corps more generally?? Was it scheme or is he experiencing a major drop off?

Gabe also put up another donut.

Josh was struggling all game to find anyone to throw it to.

I’m not sure how anyone could disagree with this. Diggs has done nothing for a full month, after looking like a top three receiver in the league the first 8 games…

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Some of you guys are such drama queens.

He went 8 for 76 and a TD in the rain just last week at Philly.

A few game skid doesn’t mean he is declining.  Allen struggled midseason this year, clearly declining.

Gabe Davis has more receiving  yards the last 4 weeks and he has half the drops the last 4 games as he had last year 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

It wasn't just this week though. He has not played like a top tier #1 WR really since the London game. It's a legit concern. Especially since the WRs behind him are below average, we need our #1 to be elite to make up for it.

I don't think this team has the necessary weapons to win a Super Bowl. Even if you assume best case scenario and we make it to the Super Bowl to play 49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys, how are we possibly going to compete against those rosters?

outside of tyreek, who are those guys?

Is aj brown over the hill because of his last month?

ceedee has had a couple games like this 

Amon ra and mike evans combined for 29 yards today 

1 hour ago, Perry Turtle said:

I don't know if he's done, but they need to toss those WR Screens to him out of the playbook.  Diggs is an elite route runner.  He's not a speed guy.  Stop wasting him and downs on those stupid play calls.

Maybe try those throws to Shakir. A run after the catch type of receiver. This is why I'm banging the drum for Xavier Legette in the draft. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

ceedee has had a couple games like this 

Amon ra and mike evans combined for 29 yards today 

So in order to say a player isn't doing bad you just need to find other players who had a bad game? You should be able to see what is being talked about. Failing to win contested catches. Drops. Taking himself out of key plays. Not being dependable or generating any consistent production for 4 weeks. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Gabe Davis has more receiving  yards the last 4 weeks and he has half the drops the last 4 games as he had last year 

So this is you cherry picking two stats in a 4 game stretch to prove he is declining.  

Over a 17 game season, if you have a skid, you are 100% declining is not a strong argument IMO.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So this is you cherry picking two stats in a 4 game stretch to prove he is declining.  

Over a 17 game season, if you have a skid, you are 100% declining is not a strong argument IMO.

I have eyes, that's where I started feeling like this

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, bouds said:

Today's gameplan felt like they were not be confident enough winning CBvWR matchups, I mean we attacked with the backs and TEs more than WRs.

We did have Davis wide open for a TD though.

It seems as if they game planned knowing KC was going to be very aggressive and bring pressure which is why we threw to RB’s a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

So in order to say a player isn't doing bad you just need to find other players who had a bad game? You should be able to see what is being talked about. Failing to win contested catches. Drops. Taking himself out of key plays. Not being dependable or generating any consistent production for 4 weeks. 

there’s a difference monumental difference between a bad game and being “done”

feel free to start a diggs had a bad day thread and I won’t push back there 

21 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

AJ Brown's QB is average IMO. He is the main reason their passing offense does anything at all. He's pretty clearly better than Diggs this year.

Other than Hill and Brown - Jefferson (when healthy), Chase, Wilson, Metcalf, Adams, Cooper. Those are the really dominant WRs this year (in no particular order), obviously with a high variance in the level of QB they have throwing the ball to them.

DJ Moore, Lamb, and Mike Evans, I'm not quite there but close. 

I'm not sure Diggs is playing equal or better football over the past two months than any of the WRs I mentioned above.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It seems as if they game planned knowing KC was going to be very aggressive and bring pressure which is why we threw to RB’s a lot.

But then we abandoned that even though it was working and Josh was running for his life most of the rest of the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.