Daboll having tension with a coach in NY too

Einstein

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

It's not just McD folks. A report today says that Daboll has friction with his DC in NY as well.

----------------------------------------------------

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that issues are mounting between Daboll and defensive coordinator Wink Martindale.

“When I talk to people inside that organization they’re saying the tension between these two, you could feel it,” Glazer said.

The Giants previously had to do the “nothing to see here” thing based on images of in-game dysfunction between Daboll and Martindale in the blowout loss to the Cowboys. Now, they’ll be cleaning up again after today’s game against the Patriots.

Link

When asked about the tension, Martindale (the DC) said that working with Brian Daboll was different in 2022 because we were winning

Link

Maybe this should be in the McD thread? Feel free to merge. But wanted to point out that we are not alone with tension in the organization.

As someone said, "when you get a dose of that Vitamin W, it changes everything"

I think Daboll may be undergoing what some call an "On the Job Training Experience". 

When you're winning and everyone's inspired, it's easy to believe in giving your coordinators autonomy. 

When you're losing, and your defense is 26th in the league for points given up, you may feel you need to "mix it in" and give your input to the DC. 

That may cause friction when the side of the ball you are closest to, the offense, is 32nd in the league.

It surprises me that there's apparently a strong fraction here that want to bring in Daboll as HC.  He was COTY last season, great!  But a number of new coaches have come in and given the team a "spark".  The question is whether that "spark" lasts and turns into sustained success.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

There's tension everywhere, honestly. On every team.

The only thing I want to know: is it sexual?

I'm sure you'd like to watch.....sicko

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Welcome to the party, @Einstein.  He went all Machiavellian on us at least a couple months back.

Wait until he shows you his W2

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Welcome to the party, @Einstein.  He went all Machiavellian on us at least a couple months back.

Gosh, i’m pretty clueless sometimes. I also don’t understand sarcasm very well, so i’m not sure if you’re joking. House is gone or changed usernames? Or your house? I’m so confused.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Gosh, i’m pretty clueless sometimes. I also don’t understand sarcasm very well, so i’m not sure if you’re joking. House is gone or changed usernames? Or your house? I’m so confused.

I am not him, he is lurking 😎.  That’s all I’m allowed to say, at this point in time.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

It's not just McD folks. A report today says that Daboll has friction with his DC in NY as well.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that issues are mounting between Daboll and defensive coordinator Wink Martindale.

“When I talk to people inside that organization they’re saying the tension between these two, you could feel it,” Glazer said.

The Giants previously had to do the “nothing to see here” thing based on images of in-game dysfunction between Daboll and Martindale in the blowout loss to the Cowboys. Now, they’ll be cleaning up again after today’s game against the Patriots.

Link

When asked about the tension, Martindale (the DC) said that working with Brian Daboll was different in 2022 because we were winning

Link

Maybe this should be in the McD thread? Feel free to merge. But wanted to point out that we are not alone with tension in the organization.

I hope this stays a separate thread myself.  I think it deserves its own and shouldn't be jumbled in with the other.  Dont have time to read it now so I hope to come back to it still in it's own thread.  It's too hard to try and piece this together if its jumbled with another.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.