Bills Cap Breakdown by Greg Tompsett

DrDawkinstein

On 12/6/2023 at 10:07 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Evans is literally the same age as Diggs. He's got a garbage qb throwing to him and yet he's managed 10 TD's and a 60% catch rate.  I'd sign him in a heartbeat on a reasonable deal to pair with Diggs.  Then draft Odunze. 

On 12/7/2023 at 5:11 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Good point on Evans/Diggs age and love the idea to pair him with Odunze.

You guys think we can sign evans and draft Odunze…… lol.  You can’t be serious.  But I’m sure you both are 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Don’t they need to sign Brown. If he is a mid level starting tackle, what is that, about 8 per?

He’s under contract next year.  Both he and Dawkins expire after next season

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s under contract next year.  Both he and Dawkins expire after next season

I don't know if facts bear it out, but I get the sense that this is about the time the Bills tend to look for replacements when contracts are expiring next year.

14 minutes ago, finn said:

Von will be a tough call. It comes down to whether he's worth the $7 million in savings they'd get if they cut him; the rest of his salary is guaranteed. He's just taking up a roster spot at this point, but it's possible he return to form next year. Tre White is another tough one, could depend on whether Elam develops. The only easy cut is Harty, who just catches punts and falls down. Sounds like Hines will be back, so at least we'll have someone to return kickoffs. 

I would not restructure Diggs until it's more clear what is up with him. 

Not sure why people assume Hines will be back.   3rd string RB with a blown out knee isn't worth $5M.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't know if facts bear it out, but I get the sense that this is about the time the Bills tend to look for replacements when contracts are expiring next year.

Yeah could be.  I just hope we don’t go OL in rd 1 or 2 this year.  WR and DL please

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah could be.  I just hope we don’t go OL in rd 1 or 2 this year.  WR and DL please

With the state of our line (and how GOOD it is), I'd be SHOCKED if they addressed it at all in the draft. We have all our starters locked in, and even Morse's replacement on the roster already.

Re-signing Dawkins to an extension can save us enough.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/5/2023 at 11:27 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Greg Tompsett is making the podcast rounds in the bye week this week and talking cap.

Gave a pretty detailed plan on Cover1 and showed how the Bills could get themselves to about $72M UNDER the cap. Or $56M under without anything too crazy.

Worth watching, or at least clicking around through, for anyone concerned with our cap situation next year.

He was also on Locked On Bills to discuss our Free Agents and re-signing options

As a little preview, the detailed plan to get to $72M...

No Brainers - Cap Saved

Restructure Josh - $23M

Restructure Diggs - $13M

Restructure Ed - $3M

Release Hines - $5M

Release Harty - $4M

Total - $48M

Being $29M OVER cap right now, these moves alone put us $19M UNDER.

Tompsett's Preferred/Likely Moves - Cap Savings

Extend Dawkins - $7M

Extend Douglas - $6M

Extend Johnson - $5M

Release Siran Neal - $3M

Release Sam Martin - $1M

Restructure McGovern - $3M

With these moves added to the above, the Bills would be $44M UNDER

Painful but Possible - Cap Savings

Release Poyer - $5.5M

Release Tre - $6M

Bills now $56M UNDER

Prefer Not - Cap Savings

Restructure Milano - $2.5M

Restructure Knox - $6M

Trade Elam - $165k

Release Bates - $1.5M

Release Morse - $5.5M

Bills now $72M UNDER

I type all that to once again reiterate, the cap is a myth.

Anything about Von the debt Bomb?

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You guys think we can sign evans and draft Odunze…… lol.  You can’t be serious.  But I’m sure you both are 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

This was from early December when the team was 5-5 and 6-6 and picking in the teens. 

The Bills have won 4 in a row and now are picking in the 20's so Odunze will be long gone, Nabers and so forth. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Anything about Von the debt Bomb?

Nothing about Von at all in the plan to get to $72M under. Which is good to hear we can get there even with that contract on the books.

Not sure what we do there. Seems like it costs more to cut him than keep him. But I'm still trying to hash out the post-June 1 numbers.

Either way, I think Miller is on the roster next year but not beyond that.

cap.jpg

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This was from early December when the team was 5-5 and 6-6 and picking in the teens. 

The Bills have won 4 in a row and now are picking in the 20's so Odunze will be long gone, Nabers and so forth. 

Copy that-  

Even so- you thought we’d use our first rd pick on a WR and then use any FA money we might be able to free up for another WR with a similar skill set as the WR we just drafted.  Meanwhile we’d have no defensive line- and no money to buy one.  Sounds fun. But it’s 💩 

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nothing about Von at all in the plan to get to $72M under. Which is good to hear we can get there even with that contract on the books.

Not sure what we do there. Seems like it costs more to cut him than keep him. But I'm still trying to hash out the post-June 1 numbers.

Either way, I think Miller is on the roster next year but not beyond that.

I think all you can do is approach him and ask for a salary cut, but their camp knows the Bills are not going to eat $30M in dead cap to get rid of him. 

That length of that contract and his age is not a good match.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Copy that-  

Even so- you thought we’d use our first rd pick on a WR and then use any FA money we might be able to free up for another WR with a similar skill set as the WR we just drafted.  Meanwhile we’d have no defensive line- and no money to buy one.  Sounds fun. But it’s 💩 

I think our WR room needs to be blown up. 

It's been 2 seasons now where #4, #5 and #6 are unplayable. 

We go into next season with Diggs and Shakir, that's it. Shorter is not a plan. 

Let's pray they don't re-sign Gabe, and that means you're again trying to get one in FA, and really, no matter what, you need to draft WR in R1. 

And on that 💩free agency point - we've tried the low end FA route - Crowder, Emmanuel Sanders, Sherfield, Harty - and these guys stink. So Evans is of course going to be a premier FA, but we've seen time and time again this low end guys are not good enough to even get on the field. 

Look through the 2024 WR FAs and tell me who you'd like? 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think all you can do is approach him and ask for a salary cut, but their camp knows the Bills are not going to eat $30M in dead cap to get rid of him. 

Yeah, If that's our only option, than we wont even bother. No way he takes it and it isnt worth the hard feelings of asking your "super stars" to take pay cuts. Bad juju.

Roll with it, let Von play assistant DL coach like he has been, and adjust after next season.

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think our WR room needs to be blown up. 

It's been 2 seasons now where #4, #5 and #6 are unplayable. 

We go into next season with Diggs and Shakir, that's it. Shorter is not a plan. 

Let's pray they don't re-sign Gabe, and that means you're again trying to get one in FA, and really, no matter what, you need to draft WR in R1. 

I hear ya.  I agree-  Diggs and shakir and gut the rest-  shorter might be wr6 so that leaves 3 spots.  I just think it’s impractical to use our 2 best assets (1st rd pick and big FA contract) on the position.  We’ve invested in knox and Kincaid- if we plan on using both of them (which should based on our investments) then using our 1st and big FA $ on WR is a poor allocation of assets imo.  We need to find a way to use Kincaid and knox at the same time. 

I’d like to see: 
-Diggs

-1st rd pick 

-Shakir

-3-5M FA that can challenge 1st rd pick and shakir

-1-3M FA or later rd pick

-Shorter

Kincaid

Knox

Cook

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I agree-  Diggs and shakir and gut the rest-  shorter might be wr6 so that leaves 3 spots.  I just think it’s impractical to use our 2 best assets (1st rd pick and big FA contract) on the position.  We’ve invested in knox and Kincaid- if we plan on using both of them (which should based on our investments) then using our 1st and big FA $ on WR is a poor allocation of assets imo.  We need to find a way to use Kincaid and knox at the same time. 

I’d like to see: 
-Diggs

-1st rd pick 

-Shakir

-Shorter

Kincaid

Knox

Cook

So we agree on the 1st Round pick at WR.

But $3M - $5M FA WR is Harty (2 years, $9M).

$1M - $3M FA WR is veteran minimum Sherfield type player.

So effectively, let’s bypass FA at WR and use a 1st and 3rd/4th on another WR.

Because <$5M WR isn’t going to do anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d like to see: 
-Diggs

-1st rd pick 

-Shakir

-Shorter

Kincaid

Knox

Cook

Agree and definitely yes on the DK's being able to be used together.  I just think they are different and shouldn't impede each other.  They aren't playing the same thing on the offense.

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't disagree with this thinking, either.

EDIT:

The long and the short of it is, we need studs.

Note Hoepfullies or Let's Give'em Time and See or Maybe They'll Blossom Here.

Studs from the get go.  

We can't do to Allen what the Sabres did to Hasek.

Please give the man Holy Cow weapons to bash in the heads of other teams.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

In general agree, but we have too many holes to fill and not enough high picks to fill them to spend another pick that high on double dipping.

Bills currently have 10 picks.

1st

2nd

4th

5th

5th

6th

6th

6th

6th

7th

I believe we're expecting to get a 3rd for Edmunds as well. Giving us 11.

I could see Beane using a couple of those 6th to package with a 5th or 4th and moving up in those rounds. So maybe a 2nd WR there if the right guy falls. But it will take some luck and finagling.

Go Bills

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

In general agree, but we have too many holes to fill and not enough high picks to fill them to spend another pick that high on double dipping.

Bills currently have 10 picks.

1st

2nd

4th

5th

5th

6th

6th

6th

6th

7th

I believe we're expecting to get a 3rd for Edmunds as well. Giving us 11.

I could see Beane using a couple of those 6th to package with a 5th or 4th and moving up in those rounds. So maybe a 2nd WR there if the right guy falls. But it will take some luck and finagling.

Go Bills

Well, I guess it will be RD 1 WR, Diggs, Shakir, Harty and Shorter.

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Unless Harty is a shock the rest of the way....he's done nothing to warrant a spot next year.

Diggs
Veteran FA / Trade if possible

Round 1 WR

Shakir
Round 2 WR

Diggs

RD 1 Rookie

Shakir

Shorter

Isabella

Free Agent

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Unless Harty is a shock the rest of the way....he's done nothing to warrant a spot next year.

Diggs
Veteran FA / Trade if possible

Round 1 WR

Shakir
Round 2 WR

If Beane spends a 2nd on a guy we think is going to be our 5th WR then that is a fireable offense. We have GAPING holes at starting positions on Defense.

Between the following pass catchers:

Diggs

Rookie

Shakir

Kincaid

Knox

Cook

We're already talking about our 7th best option. No need to get that deep when we have only 1 DT under contract next year, and only 1 starting DE under contract.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, finn said:

Von will be a tough call. It comes down to whether he's worth the $7 million in savings they'd get if they cut him; the rest of his salary is guaranteed. He's just taking up a roster spot at this point, but it's possible he return to form next year. Tre White is another tough one, could depend on whether Elam develops. The only easy cut is Harty, who just catches punts and falls down. Sounds like Hines will be back, so at least we'll have someone to return kickoffs. 

I would not restructure Diggs until it's more clear what is up with him. 

I don't Restructure a contract for a 30 yo WR who has essentially disappeared the 2nd half of the season.

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I don't Restructure a contract for a 30 yo WR who has essentially disappeared the 2nd half of the season.

But given the numbers, the kick-the-can restructure doesnt really change much on Diggs. He's here through 2025 either way, and then we still have an out if we really needed it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That WR may be Harty.  He may be DJ Chark.  Or Juju.  We also may not even need that WR because we’d have Diggs/1st rd WR/kincaid/shakir in 4 WR sets.  Then add knox.  Shakir isn’t a star but he’s a very good 4th-5th option in the passing game.  

looking at our offense this year- we only need to replace Gabe (which will be 1st rd WR) and the Sherfield/Harty slot. They rarely ever see the field at the same time.  Shorter will replace Sherfield and another draft pick/FA to replace Harty.  

plus we need to replace/resign:  Floyd, epenesa, Shaq, daquan, Jphillips, settle, and joseph.  The DL has saved our season and any McD coached D has no chance without a talented DL.   

sure it would be nice to add another 15M-18m WR like evans, but not at the expense of Leonard Floyd and Daquan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We're already talking about our 7th best option. No need to get that deep when we have only 1 DT under contract next year, and only 1 starting DE under contract.

I imagine that will change quickly. Lawson, Phillips, Settle, and Ford shouldn't be too expensive. I hate losing Floyd, but maybe Beane can re-sign him since he is north of 30 and appears to like the team. Hard to say if Floyd or Jones is the higher priority. Both are key players. I suspect Beane will be able to sign one of them. If Poyer can play one more year, that leaves just free safety to fill, given that Miller or Phillips will replace Floyd or Jones. 

But, wow, do they ever need wide receivers. If Diggs really is now no more than a possession receiver, that leaves just Shakir and the sound of crickets. 

On 12/5/2023 at 11:27 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Greg Tompsett is making the podcast rounds in the bye week this week and talking cap.

Gave a pretty detailed plan on Cover1 and showed how the Bills could get themselves to about $72M UNDER the cap. Or $56M under without anything too crazy.

Worth watching, or at least clicking around through, for anyone concerned with our cap situation next year.

He was also on Locked On Bills to discuss our Free Agents and re-signing options

No Brainers - Cap Saved

Restructure Josh - $23M

Restructure Diggs - $13M

Restructure Ed - $3M

Release Hines - $5M

Release Harty - $4M

Total - $48M

Extend Dawkins - $7M

Extend Douglas - $6M

Extend Johnson - $5M

Release Siran Neal - $3M

Release Sam Martin - $1M

Release Poyer - $5.5M

Release Tre - $6M

Bills now $56M UNDER

Prefer Not - Cap Savings

Restructure Knox - $6M

Trade Elam - $165k

Release Bates - $1.5M

Release Morse - $5.5M

Bills now $72M UNDER

I love this and now have it saved for prep for the offseason threads that I will make.  A couple things right off my head looking at the releases.

Hines - I think this release makes sense and not needed to replace in UFA so likely a cheap Draft pick to fill this roll.

Harty - I think a draft pick fills this roll.

Siran Neal - ST Stud, but I also think this is a roll a draft pick can fill

Sam Martin - Starting punter.  I am not sure there is a better one that will be cheaper so I think the 1M in savings is insignificant for him, I would keep him on the roster.

Release Poyer - I would do this his play has fallen off big time IMO.  However Hyde being a UFA might force their hand here.  However here are some younger Safeties that are scheduled to hit the market (Knowing one will likely already be needed for Hyde) - Xavier McKinney (SS, 24 yrs, projected 10M AAV), Kamren Curl (SS, 25 yrs, projected 10-15AAV), Antoine Winfield Jr. (FS, 25 yrs, projected 15 - 19M AAV).    Those are just some.  I think I would sign one and Draft one.  Move on from both Poyer and Hyde. 

Tre White - This one I think actually could happen to be honest.  Douglas has solidified the CB, Benford, Tre could be someone on the move.  However I almost think he will be back and 6M savings while not insignificant, I dont think you will get the White play from a CB that you sign in that 6M range. However the injured mounting with him will be a concern for a CB that wasnt that speedy prior too anyway. 

Big one is IF we release Morse you are moving on from the captain and pivot of an OL that finally has been respectable this year.  I am not sure I would want to shake this up, specially for a draft pick.  However to get younger at the position you will end up paying a UFA.  Connor Williams is the only one on the market I would feel ok with moving on from Morse for (27 years, projected to make 14M) 

Most of the moves are actaully pretty easy decisions.  And at the end of next year we will get out of the boat anchor that is Invisible Von Millers contract.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Big one is IF we release Morse you are moving on from the captain and pivot of an OL that finally has been respectable this year.  I am not sure I would want to shake this up, specially for a draft pick.  However to get younger at the position you will end up paying a UFA.  Connor Williams is the only one on the market I would feel ok with moving on from Morse for (27 years, projected to make 14M) 

Most of the moves are actaully pretty easy decisions.  And at the end of next year we will get out of the boat anchor that is Invisible Von Millers contract.

If we do move on from Morse, I think Bates is the heir apparent at Center. At least for a season or two. Could draft a new Center in 2025, have him sit behind Bates as IOL depth and then take over once Bates's contract is done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we do move on from Morse, I think Bates is the heir apparent at Center. At least for a season or two. Could draft a new Center in 2025, have him sit behind Bates as IOL depth and then take over once Bates's contract is done.

I would think that would be their plan A as well.  I just worry about breaking up what finally looks like a good OL.  I know Bates has shown well given his opportunities as well. 

I know my thinking for when I write this offseason stuff up, going back to the Old Days of Bills thinking...  No long term contracts for UFAs that are over 26 years old.  Because they reality is they need to start shifting to where there cap is allocated, we have alot tied up in older players for still years.  

Young UFAs (Long term)

Old UFAS (1-2 year deals) 

Start Drafting in the aging positions.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with every restructure/release except Hines & Bates. We have literally no return game. Give him one last year to bring back some return magic. And Bates is too valuable as a backup rotational player. He may even end up replacing Morse. The way Knox contributes, 6M isn't enough?

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That WR may be Harty.  He may be DJ Chark.  Or Juju.  We also may not even need that WR because we’d have Diggs/1st rd WR/kincaid/shakir in 4 WR sets.  Then add knox.  Shakir isn’t a star but he’s a very good 4th-5th option in the passing game.  

looking at our offense this year- we only need to replace Gabe (which will be 1st rd WR) and the Sherfield/Harty slot. They rarely ever see the field at the same time.  Shorter will replace Sherfield and another draft pick/FA to replace Harty.  

plus we need to replace/resign:  Floyd, epenesa, Shaq, daquan, Jphillips, settle, and joseph.  The DL has saved our season and any McD coached D has no chance without a talented DL.   

sure it would be nice to add another 15M-18m WR like evans, but not at the expense of Leonard Floyd and Daquan

Until Diggs or the Rookie R1 WR gets hurt, in which case Shakir slides up a peg, and you don't have any useable WRs in slots #4, #5, #6. 

It's one storyline that has been talked about on here - the Bills have been virtually injury free on offense outside of Knox. 

In this scenario, hopefully Shorter can outplay his 5th Round draft slot. 

Only concern with DaQuan and Floyd is giving money to guys who are both 32+ when next season starts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:17 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I forget Hyde is a UFA. They probably keep Poyer and draft Hydes replacement. I would rather keep Hyde and draft Poyer’s replacement.

I'd rather wish them both the best. The days of the dynamic duo are over. Time to get young and draft safeties. 

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Until Diggs or the Rookie R1 WR gets hurt, in which case Shakir slides up a peg, and you don't have any useable WRs in slots #4, #5, #6. 

It's one storyline that has been talked about on here - the Bills have been virtually injury free on offense outside of Knox. 

In this scenario, hopefully Shorter can outplay his 5th Round draft slot. 

Only concern with DaQuan and Floyd is giving money to guys who are both 32+ when next season starts. 

What nfl teams have such an embarrassment of riches where if they lose a top WR, they have great replacements?  Our problems lie in that gabe isn’t a great 2 and Sheffield and Harty aren’t good options @ WR4-5.   Drafting a WR2 in rd 1 and landing wr 4-5 later in the draft and in FA.  

We’re 30m over the cap and we have 8 FA DL. 8.  Sometimes you can’t address everything with premium resources.  Get ready for drafting a DL in rd 1 or 2 + another DL in rd 3-4 in addition to resigning a handful of returners 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

No way Beane envisioned 14-138-1 when he signed Harty to 2 years, $9M.

I don’t know what he did or didn’t do to show this coaching staff that he needs to be on the field.

But two coordinators so far barely use him.

He’ll catch a critical 25-yard pass in Kansas City, and then not touch the ball on offense for 3 weeks? 

He gets 3 snaps against the Bengals, Josh looks for him deep immediately.

NO PLAN

We saw the same thing with Nyheim Hines last year. Absolute disconnect between the GM and Coaching Staff, swept under the rug by hard to catch a RB up in this system. 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd rather wish them both the best. The days of the dynamic duo are over. Time to get young and draft safeties. 

You 💯 underestimate their worth. 

I think it may be time to move on as well, but I’d rather wait to see how the season progresses before counting them out.  

they love playing together for for

mcd. If they’re willing to come back at a combined 10m or less per year- McD will find a way to bring them back. Our Dabs have been awesome this season and they’re a big part of their success.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What nfl teams have such an embarrassment of riches where if they lose a top WR, they have great replacements?  Our problems lie in that gabe isn’t a great 2 and Sheffield and Harty aren’t good options @ WR4-5.   Drafting a WR2 in rd 1 and landing wr 4-5 later in the draft and in FA.  

We’re 30m over the cap and we have 8 FA DL. 8.  Sometimes you can’t address everything with premium resources.  Get ready for drafting a DL in rd 1 or 2 + another DL in rd 3-4 in addition to resigning a handful of returners 

Allen is the franchise.

Beane has got him Diggs and Kincaid, with no other premium investment since 2019. 

And we wonder why this offense comes and goes.

Somehow get your hands on two WRs that actually can play. If not, we’ll be here again next season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No way Beane envisioned 14-138-1 when he signed Harty to 2 years, $9M.

I don’t know what he did or didn’t do to show this coaching staff that he needs to be on the field.

But two coordinators so far barely use him.

He’ll catch a critical 25-yard pass in Kansas City, and then not touch the ball on offense for 3 weeks? 

He gets 3 snaps against the Bengals, Josh looks for him deep immediately.

NO PLAN

We saw the same thing with Nyheim Hines last year. Absolute disconnect between the GM and Coaching Staff, swept under the rug by hard to catch a RB up in this system. 

Who’s saying that’s what they envisioned?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It’s as simple as this:  they made mistakes in Harty and Sherfield.  Just because they made a mistake on them doesn’t mean they can’t go back to the well and sign players to similar contracts after investing their best asset into the positions (basically 2 years in a row with Kincaid).  It’s the likely scenario imo.  Rd 1 WR + 2 mid WR FAs or RD 1 WR + WR mid rd pick + mid FA.

but maybe your right and they pivot to load up on O.  The o has had their issues and maybe they want to make sure they put their best foot forward to fix it.  A lot may depend on how “all in” they want to go by kicking lots more money down the road. 

Knowing this regime, I think they'll mortgage some future cap but not as much as some of you guy want….. and probably not enough to satisfy both the defensive needs and needs at WR.   There will likely have to be some compromise

jmo

RD1 WR, double dip WR again in the first 4 Rounds.  Then focus on the Defense with the remaining picks (DT, CB, S)

I'd cut Poyer and Tre, and prioritize bringing back Jones and Floyd or AJE.  Keep the DL a strength, and then with Milano, Bernard, Johnson, Douglas and Benford, we can allow for two new Safeties to learn throughout the season and reset the position with youth. 

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen is the franchise.

Beane has got him Diggs and Kincaid, with no other premium investment since 2019. 

And we wonder why this offense comes and goes.

Somehow get your hands on two WRs that actually can play. If not, we’ll be here again next season. 

I think you’re underestimating the impact of having an OC that’s in tune with the roster.  Dorsey was all in on Diggs and neglected cook.  Brady is the opposite while having no clue how to use his 2 good TEs (which can offset your need for having 4 good WRs). 

Again I’ll ask-  which teams can afford to lose their WR1-2 and not miss a beat?

On 12/5/2023 at 10:27 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

No Brainers - Cap Saved

Restructure Josh - $23M

Restructure Diggs - $13M

Restructure Ed - $3M

Release Hines - $5M

Release Harty - $4M

Total - $48M

Extend Dawkins - $7M

Extend Douglas - $6M

Extend Johnson - $5M

Release Siran Neal - $3M

Release Sam Martin - $1M

Release Poyer - $5.5M

Release Tre - $6M

Bills now $56M UNDER

Prefer Not - Cap Savings

Restructure Knox - $6M

Trade Elam - $165k

Release Bates - $1.5M

Release Morse - $5.5M

Bills now $72M UNDER

Sorry aren't we 41 mill over right now,not 29 mill?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.