Jets want to start Wilson again but he doesn't want to play (Empty rumor denied by coach and player)

Gregg

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

This reminds me of Valentine's night when my wife walks into the bedroom wearing some sort of lace contraption and I know it's my job to do something but I still wish Zach would miraculously show up and step in for me

FIFY

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Actually, both JD and Saleh wanted to sign Carr but were overruled by Johnson who wanted Rodgers. If the Rodgers signing blows up in their faces, then that is on Johnson. JD messed up by not bringing in a decent backup QB. Nobody expected Rodgers to be out for the year but at 40 behind that OL the chances of him getting hurt were pretty good. They should have known that Zach isn't the answer at this point. It cost them the season.

Interesting.   It may be on Johnson, but he cant fire himself.   Agree completely on Douglas not doing a good enough job bringing in a good backup. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-zach-wilson-reluctant-to-step-back-in-for-jets/ar-AA1kZC4j?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b2c870dfb9ae41da9d6855456d027a79&ei=10

This is a bad look for Zach. His career with them is over but he needs to play as it is an audition for other teams around the league. Maybe he can get a fresh start somewhere else. Acting like a baby/spoiled brat won't help his career going forward.

I think those other teams have seen quite enough of his audition. That said, he probably needs a change of scenery. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly can you blame him?  He wasn't playing even average by any stretch of the imagination, but he definitely was far better than those other 2 bozo's they had in there.

Hackett has ran 2 of the most inept offenses in the NFL 2 years straight...

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

By the Jets this year.  Unless he is injured or has medical diagnosis of mental illness he needs to play when team wants to use him.

it would make for must see tv for sure can you imagine they trot him out there and he is in shotgun and just throws a pick 6 on purpose? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Interesting.   It may be on Johnson, but he cant fire himself.   Agree completely on Douglas not doing a good enough job bringing in a good backup. 

Take a look around the league at the backup QBs.  There isn't much quality there.  If your QB goes down for any extended length of time, the season is over.  Any team that is paying franchise QB money can't afford a "good backup".  How many games do you think the Bills win with Kyle Allen?  https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

How is his defense in the final two minutes of games ? ... Asking for a friend.

Never tested because the other team is in victory formation, or the offense is on the field trying to catch up.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.