Game Ball: Shawn Hochuli

BringBackFergy

Genuinely the worst game of officiating I have ever seen. Really not even sure what else to say about it.

Usually bad officiating feels like the refs are just dumb or maybe actually did miss the call. This game felt malicious. Like there were a few times when the call was so literally directly in front of the referee and they just decided to do nothing. We had chances to win the game regardless, but if not for refs we win this game by at least 14. It's pretty bleak to think about how the success of billion dollar franchises depends on these part time amateurs.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Genuinely the worst game of officiating I have ever seen. Really not even sure what else to say about it.

Usually bad officiating feels like the refs are just dumb or maybe actually did miss the call. This game felt malicious. Like there were a few times when the call was so literally directly in front of the referee and they just decided to do nothing. We had chances to win the game regardless, but if not for refs we win this game by at least 14. It's pretty bleak to think about how the success of billion dollar franchises depends on these part time amateurs.

This year has 100% convinced me the NFL is rigged. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Can a team play undisciplined sloppy football and still be jobbed the referees? YES I think that is what I saw today more than anything

were some of the penalties valid? Yes.

Were some calls missed and some baloney? YES

it leaves a hollow pit in my stomach.  Because we coulda shoulda woulda won that game if, if if....ACKKKKKKKK

/vent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Yea the refs are terrible but that doesn’t negate the fact that once again this team folded when the game was on the line like they have countless times before.  

I’ve been on the keep McDermott wagon for a while but I’ve never seen a team blow late leads so consistently.  

They’re a few defensive minded teams with mediocre quarterbacks that’ll be in the playoffs this year.  Our defensive guru with a generational talent at qb will be watching from home because his defense blows games late on the regular.  If we aren’t winning by twenty plus this team will find a way to lose.  

I will say the Bills should have won that game anyway, but it is also still true with better officiating they probably would have been up by more than 17-7(don't know the Eagles even would have had that 7) at half time, with that there's a good chance they would have won even with the Eagles playing better in the second half. Both those things can be true, it is what is.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Eagles are 4-0 with that crew with disproportionate penalties in their favor.  

It is now 5-0 and unsurprisingly 5-0 for the eagles ats.

I said in the first half it looked like he was smirking every time he made a call for the eagles.

The no horsecollar into the intentional grounding with davis being right there is one of the worst calls i have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, muppy said:

Can a team play undisciplined sloppy football and still be jobbed the referees? YES I think that is what I saw today more than anything

were some of the penalties valid? Yes.

Were some calls missed and some baloney? YES

it leaves a hollow pit in my stomach.  Because we coulda shoulda woulda won that game if, if if....ACKKKKKKKK

/vent

I loved the TV view of the back judge watching slay grab our guys and they just look and go nope. Or the horse collar how did you think Allen's shirt was ripped? And what defines a catch? One. Time it's down because he is touched next is has to make a football move. I always heard he got the second foot down now we need 3 steps? That was crazy. 

• Agree 2

One of the worst officiated games I've ever watched at any level of football. 

I rarely say this, but the refs cost us the game. We would have won if they just called the game correctly and fair. Dominate the game, get 11 flags and the Eagles can hold and PI every play with no flags. Ever. 

It's bullsh*t

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

I loved the TV view of the back judge watching slay grab our guys and they just look and go nope. Or the horse collar how did you think Allen's shirt was ripped? And what defines a catch? One. Time it's down because he is touched next is has to make a football move. I always heard he got the second foot down now we need 3 steps? That was crazy. 

Definitely a horse collar...but the ripped jersey was not from that.  He initially grabbed the front part of the collar which is legal...where it ripped.  Then grabbed the back...which is a penalty..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.