Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, YOU arent responding to what YOU said correctly.

You literally said:

There is nothing usual about winning more than one.

If all you are saying is teams need to get to the Super Bowl more than once, than Philly fits your criteria as well.

The Eagles FO is widely regarded as the best in the league and Roseman widely regarded as best GM. You dont have to agree with that since it's your own opinion, but dont act like they arent right up there with the best.

yea that is my point.  They have one championship.  They are not the best.

My other point was that they have accomplished the exact same thing those other franchises I mentioned have in the last ten years and I Think SF is about to this year with a SB win.  

so again, how are they the best if they have only one championship and there are others with more and or equal that are still going at it?  

I'm nitpicking the annoying "The eagles are the best" narrative that everyone throws out.  No one ever mentions how others have done the same or more.

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Don't look now, but the Rams are 1 game out of a playoff spot and, given their schedule (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2023.htm), look to go 4-2 the rest of the way. The way the NFC is shaking out, a 9-8 team (and maybe two) will probably make it. Plus they've beaten Seattle twice. 

They have some talented young guys again.  

If stafford stays healthy they have a shot to sneak into the 7 seed.  If they beat cleveland at home this week which they have a shot at then they are setup to make that run.  Probably not winning at baltimore and the final game vs sf is tough but the rams always play the niners tough and who knows what that game will mean for the 49ers.  

its a long shot but the nfc is terrible after the 4 division leaders.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

Just to punctuate the difference between Philly front office and ours: we could have had a 28 y/o Haason Reddick for... *checks notes* $5mil less AAV. 

He even was a Carolina Panther the year prior. How did McBeane miss out on this guy!! 

Leonard Floyd would like a word with you...the grass is always greener.

Posted in the wrong thread.  Pasting it here and apologies if it's already been talked about in this thread:

I'm wondering how much influence McD had on the last scoring drive in regulation to milk the clock.  I'm guessing it was his call to "not score too fast", like he said about the Broncos game.  In my opinion, you score fast there so that you have time on the clock if you need to score again (which they did).  I think the younger coaches of the game today would have went for the score regardless of the time on the clock knowing they would be in a better position with more time on the clock at the end of regulation. 

This is more just of a thought and wondering what others here think about that scenario.  Could have had more than 20 seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Roseman and crew just won a Super Bowl like 5 years ago, and then completely readjusted and rebuilt with a new HC and new QB and ended up back in the Super Bowl last year.

Rams sold their souls for that SB win ("F*CK THEM PICKS"), and I cant argue with the results, but they are a complete mess with a worse record than the Bills currently.

Eagles and Chiefs are best in the league. Bills are right up there in top 3-5 tho.

49ers are the best in the league but eagles and chiefs are right there. I’d kill to be in the Rams position. I just want one trophy. 

Nate Geary nailed it on his show. You can’t fight fate. That miraculous FG was always going to go in. We are just cursed. You knew that FG was going to go in too deep down in your soul if you were being honest, just admit it. There was never a doubt. If it was against any of the other franchises, there would’ve been some drama with it. It’s an awful feeling knowing it’s just not meant to be. 

Edited by BeavercreekBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

It did not end up directly costing us the game, but we cannot forget what happened with the refs.   Buffalo played undisciplined in the first half, but there is no way that the Eagles only got one penalty for five yards in the first half.   The inconsistency is bad enough, but ignoring the horse collar and calling Allen for grounding is egregious enough on it's own to warrant discipline.

I agree that the refs were literally wearing green outfits for most of the game, and were incredibly incompetent, and IMO, it did affect the outcome of the game, but....

...on the horse collar / grounding play, if you watch the video closely, the Philly defender did NOT have his hand inside the collar on the BACK of JA. He obviously did have his hand on the inside of his collar in front, above JA's chest, as he ripped the jersey there. So, the ref seemed to say in the post game presser that a horse collar must be administered on the back side of a player to be a foul. Is the latter true? I had thought that a hand inside the collar, anywhere around a player's head (360°), is a personal foul.

Also, the grounding part of it did seem legitimate; JA should have just taken the sack. And in actuality, he should have just thrown it away before he was dragged down.

32 minutes ago, phypon said:

Posted in the wrong thread.  Pasting it here and apologies if it's already been talked about in this thread:

I'm wondering how much influence McD had on the last scoring drive in regulation to milk the clock.  I'm guessing it was his call to "not score too fast", like he said about the Broncos game.  In my opinion, you score fast there so that you have time on the clock if you need to score again (which they did).  I think the younger coaches of the game today would have went for the score regardless of the time on the clock knowing they would be in a better position with more time on the clock at the end of regulation. 

This is more just of a thought and wondering what others here think about that scenario.  Could have had more than 20 seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

I was wondering the same thing, why limit you teams strengths - offensive possessions. 

Each week the goal should be to get as many possessions as possible for the offense. The team will win as the offense scores, the bills defense is just not good enough to defer to in these situations right now 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I agree that the refs were literally wearing green outfits for most of the game, and were incredibly incompetent, and IMO, it did affect the outcome of the game, but....

...on the horse collar / grounding play, if you watch the video closely, the Philly defender did NOT have his hand inside the collar on the BACK of JA. He obviously did have his hand on the inside of his collar in front, above JA's chest, as he ripped the jersey there. So, the ref seemed to say in the post game presser that a horse collar must be administered on the back side of a player to be a foul. Is the latter true? I had thought that a hand inside the collar, anywhere around a player's head (360°), is a personal foul.

Also, the grounding part of it did seem legitimate; JA should have just taken the sack. And in actuality, he should have just thrown it away before he was dragged down.

Disagree on the horse collar.  It was there.  So was the hit to the head on Kincaid and the DPI on Sherfield.  Frankly, and objectively, I thought the Brown play was a fumble.  It was bang-bang, but he had his steps and pulled the ball toward his chest.  Fumble all day long.  

It’s been a crappy year for officiating.  Picking up the ineligible man flag against NE might keep us out of the playoffs, as might the very odd Sutton call against Denver.  Then again, had we actually made a couple of plays in either of those games, or simply counted properly against Denver, we might not be in this mess. 

On one Bills live Tasker keeps saying around you going to let McDermott go to another team and take what he’s learned from these losses and let another team benefit from it? I don’t want to loosely throw around the thought that something is the dumbest thing I have ever heard but is this guy ***** serious? What does that even mean? I’m not going to mention the fact that McDermott hasn’t learned a thing from any of these losses and is still just losing the same way but let another team benefit? What an idiot. Also, so you keep a horseshit coach so another team doesn’t get the pleasure of constantly blowing close games and calling a horrible defense? What world is this?

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

On one Bills live Tasker keeps saying around you going to let McDermott go to another team and take what he’s learned from these losses and let another team benefit from it? I don’t want to loosely throw around the thought that something is the dumbest thing I have ever heard but is this guy ***** serious? What does that even mean? I’m not going to mention the fact that McDermott hasn’t learned a thing from any of these losses and is still just losing the same way but let another team benefit? What an idiot. Also, so you keep a horseshit coach so another team doesn’t get the pleasure of constantly blowing close games and calling a horrible defense? What world is this?

yeahhhhh…. don’t listen to OBL.

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

A THRILLER!

WOW! GAME OF THE YEAR!

YEAH BABY THAT WAS FUN!

We always end up on the losing side in these types of games. Definitely avoiding the NFL network this week as they will be replaying that game a bunch of times.

Incomplete pass to Brown. Philly needed to get the O off the field and bring the kicking team out, line up and kick the ball. I do not get the ice the kicker in that situation. Its one thing when the other team is not rushed and has their own time-outs or was killing clock for a easy kick. This was PHI looking for more yards so the kick would not be a 60 yarder. We basically gave them time to prep and get all their ducks in a row and kicker warm up longer. Makes absolutely no sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.