JA vs the NFC

BillsFan619

I’d love to jump on the hype train, but this is a misleading stat as that is looking at two 13-3 seasons, etc.  it’s true Josh has done well, but I need to see him and the team for that matter against, Philly, KC, and Dallas.  We win those 3, and I’m a believer again.  That’s a big ask.

The good news is phillys secondary is vulnerable, KC’s offense has flaws and Dallas, well you just don’t know what you get week to week considering AZ beat them (kind of like us losing to the Cheats).

we win these 3, and I’m confident we can win the rest.

How about we build confidence with each week?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Eagles are one of two teams he has never beaten (Arizona is the second).

Yikes he could be missing only arizona after this weekend which forces me to think about the hail Murray again 

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’d love to jump on the hype train, but this is a misleading stat as that is looking at two 13-3 seasons, etc.  it’s true Josh has done well, but I need to see him and the team for that matter against, Philly, KC, and Dallas.  We win those 3, and I’m a believer again.  That’s a big ask.

The good news is phillys secondary is vulnerable, KC’s offense has flaws and Dallas, well you just don’t know what you get week to week considering AZ beat them (kind of like us losing to the Cheats).

we win these 3, and I’m confident we can win the rest.

How about we build confidence with each week?  

2 out of 3 doesn’t do it for ya? Haha 

30 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Eagles are one of two teams he has never beaten (Arizona is the second).

It's odd too, against the NFCE he's 1-0 v. Dallas, 2-0 v. the Giants, 3-0 v. the Skins, but 0-1 v. Philly.  That was in 2019 though.  

Should be an interesting game though.  Very difficult to know what to expect.  I suppose expect that we come in at least a little flat again as we've been doing over our last 7 games.  Let's see if McD can have 'em a little better prepared for this game.  

19 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It's odd too, against the NFCE he's 1-0 v. Dallas, 2-0 v. the Giants, 3-0 v. the Skins, but 0-1 v. Philly.  That was in 2019 though.  

Should be an interesting game though.  Very difficult to know what to expect.  I suppose expect that we come in at least a little flat again as we've been doing over our last 7 games.  Let's see if McD can have 'em a little better prepared for this game.  

He’s doing his part to punish the teams that beat us in the SB.

And, he’s doing a great job of it!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a funny feeling about tomorrow. Dunno just have a sneaky feeling the Bills find a way.

I like that we get the Iggles with them coming off a short week after a big game against KC. And I really like getting KC coming off of our bye. If the Bills are going to get back in it, these are the statement games to make it happen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a funny feeling about tomorrow. Dunno just have a sneaky feeling the Bills find a way.

I think it's one extreme or the other. Either it's a game Allen takes over and we win or it's going to be a day to avoid the game day thread altogether. If we get the Allen we saw last week, they can pull it off.

48 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I like that we get the Iggles with them coming off a short week after a big game against KC. And I really like getting KC coming off of our bye. If the Bills are going to get back in it, these are the statement games to make it happen. 

IMO, we need 2 of the next 3 at a minimum to stay alive in the AFCE. But a win like this on the road against Philly sets a perfect tone going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ha. I don't predict. I just have a feeling the Bills will play well tomorrow.

I agree on this. I'm not sure how exactly we match up but I think we can beat the Iggles over the top, I think we can get Cook moving against them, and on defense I think we can try to make them a 1 dimensional team which is where we succeed. 

And the more I think about it. They're not an amazing team. Their defense does a lot for them. They are toward the bottom in rushing and passing attempts. They're just ahead of the Bills in passing comp% toward the bottom (65% iirc).  They have actually scored less than us.

I just do not see the big love for them. They're not a complete or quality team. Of course they're more than capable of beating the Bills - I just don't fear them. (I do not trust the Bills, though - a bigger indictment) I think the Bills win and it changes the tone. 

Edited by boyst
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

This may be the best team the Allen Bills have faced in Josh’s career.

Disagree. They’re close but, to me, that 2020 Chiefs (AFC Championship loss) are possibly the best all around team they have played simply down to the QB play from Mahomes.  

Defense was legit. They had 5 All-Pros and a slew of talent across the roster. 

Remove the QBs and it’s the Eagles but that’s barely splitting hairs. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

They just won in KC. They are 9-1.

Stats are for losers. 

Don't even get me started on the chiefs. Maybe I'm just an old curmudge in these days. Maybe I just don't know s***. But the quality of play in the NFL is not what it used to be, and I really don't understand it for the most part. But there is not a team that I see fit to win the championship right now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

Ah yes, two data points four years apart = trend.  Excellent analysis.

Still the onset of a trend if it happens.  

Kind of like us not winning @ the Chargers.  We haven't won out there in six games going back over 40 years.  

Right or wrong, makes sense or no sense, it's still a trend.  

Agree with Gunner, we find a way to win tomorrow.  But we'll see.  

Good old trends that have zero relevance

12 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Still the onset of a trend if it happens.  

Kind of like us not winning @ the Chargers.  We haven't won out there in six games going back over 40 years.  

Right or wrong, makes sense or no sense, it's still a trend.  

Agree with Gunner, we find a way to win tomorrow.  But we'll see.  

2 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Good old trends that have zero relevance

Was simply pointing it out.  

Talk about making mountains out of molehills.  LOL 

But as long as you're enjoying yourself ... 

:) 

Edited by PBF81

33 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

I don't believe you lol

Then go to my first post on the topic.  

Seriously?  

I think I know what I said initially and why, thank you!  

Either way, as long as you're having your childish fun, that's really the important takeaway here.  So anything I can do to contribute, happy to do.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.