Explosion on Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. Posted as a safety warning. Mods please

Chaos

Saw a comment that made a good point. This is just a theory. It suggested that maybe this car was headed for the turkey day parade in NYC. Maybe they were found out and detonated early.

Whatever the case, if youre going to be in a popular, public area this weekend, keep alert to your surroundings.

Edited by Herc11
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Saw a comment that made a good point. This is just a theory. It suggested that maybe this car was headed for the turkey day parade in NYC. Maybe they were found out and detonated early.

Whatever the case, if youre going to be in a popular, public area this weekend, keep alert to your surroundings.

Resized_IMG_5059.jpeg

Two humans were in the vehicle. All ive heard so far

image0000.jpg

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

That's called a guess, not a theory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Based on eyewitness video. The witness as stating it was in the US and headed at a very high rate of speed towards the border. Crashing into the booths there. 

Also am in the area and have heard similar reports.

The logic of this being a suicide bomber doesn't make much sense as they detonated at the border with few targets nearby when multiple other soft targets exist within the vicinity of the border and WNY in general.

I am taking a lot of these initial reports with a grain of salt until there is more straightforward reporting. 

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

Confirmed as a terrorist attack already somehow

I can tell you it was. 

and based on the video. It appears they were on the US side and crashed into the booths heading into Canada. From what it appears. My personal opinion. 

Just now, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Also am in the area and have heard similar reports.

The logic of this being a suicide bomber doesn't make much sense as they detonated at the border with few targets nearby when multiple other soft targets exist within the vicinity of the border and WNY in general.

I am taking a lot of these initial reports with a grain of salt until there is more straightforward reporting. 

Unless the motive was to destroy the bridge and close the border.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, mrags said:

I can tell you it was. 

and based on the video. It appears they were on the US side and crashed into the booths heading into Canada. From what it appears. My personal opinion. 

"Multiple law enforcement sources said that shortly before noon on Wednesday, a car coming from the Canadian side of the border with the US exploded after it was heading toward a secondary search area."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.