Explosion on Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. Posted as a safety warning. Mods please

Chaos

Panic sets in quick ... I had that happen to me on an 86 Thunderbird years ago. At first I was pressing down on the brake pedal as hard as I could with both feet, then I threw it in neutral and pulled over, I was on the highway. I thought it was going to blow the engine it was revving so high. I had it towed and it turned out to be a broken engine mount that caused the accelerator to stick.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:24 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

DC Tom really needs to spend some time here. 🤨

You must have slept through the ethics and philosophy classes in your four years at 845 Kenmore Avenue.

What?  Are you trying to make some sort of political statement here?

I have idea what you are trying to say.

BTW, we don't study ethics or philosophy at St. Joe's.  

I did in undergrad though!  

😘

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I'd guess he's trying to say that mocking the sudden deaths of two people who have a friend actually posting in this thread is pretty freaking ignorant.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

BTW, we don't study ethics or philosophy at St. Joe's.  

I did in undergrad though!  

😘

Political?  Hell, no, you're just an a******.  And you did have at least three years of religious education there, which should have instilled at least a basic sense of morality in you.

6 hours ago, Simon said:

I'd guess he's trying to say that mocking the sudden deaths of two people who have a friend actually posting in this thread is pretty freaking ignorant.

Thank you.  Well stated.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:56 PM, Since1981 said:

You can usually tell a lot by the initial reaction of police agencies. They act different, you can hear it. They knew instantly it was a 500-600hp Bentley. Not your average car

Not the FBI, apparently...

On 11/23/2023 at 8:10 AM, BuffaloBill said:

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2018-2021-bentley-continental-gt-and-flying-spur-recalled/

Wow, that is a simple potential explanation  for the crazy acceleration and speed in a spot designed to make it difficult for people to rapidly navigate barriers.

The car involved was a 2022.  The recall ends with 2021 models and is right hand drive cars only.  At least what i found on the net

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.