Joe Burrow on Joe Brady

Allen2Moulds

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

The offense was better last year. Dorsey called some lights out games this year. 

After a bad outing or two McD said he was going to be more involved. I get the sense everybody is gripping too tight and McD is probably to blame for that.

If the offense is absolutely lights out after the bye, I coulda kinda-sorta, maybe, after a few drinks get behind a youth movement at coach. Double down on the young offensive coordinator like LAR and MIA, and give Brady the reigns in 2024. (ducks and covers)

We could really make it dangerous, and after naming a totally inexperienced 34 year old HC, we could make Bobby Babich our 40 year old DC. 

Edit: But honestly, it would help maybe provide some continuity for Allen and the young guys we have coming up while shifting the priority to taking care of Josh long term. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t seem like the play calling has been THE issue.  Definitely one of the issues. The biggest issue imo, is the regression of our QB.  Maybe it’s the shoulder injury?  Maybe it’s his reluctance to run?  Maybe it’s confidence. Maybe his accuracy issues are back?  Probably a combination of all 4 and more.  All I know is, Josh has taken a step back in recent weeks and Dorsey wasn’t able to figure it out. Can Brady?  Idk, but I’m glad we held someone accountable and I’m eager to see what the change will bring and how it impacts Josh’s play.  

I agree. I have been particularly hard on Josh this season specifically. At the moment he isn't executing, and he isn't hearing whoever is coaching him. Time to get somebody in who can get this get back to having fun. In hindsight I think McD's tight grip likely squeezed some of the fun out of him. After the last drive and the 12 men, I would have been open to giving Dorsey the reigns as interim HC just because I think if this team can go back to enjoying the game the rest won't matter as much, 

I don't think McD is a great CFO (Chief Fun Officer). Maybe we double down on the youth movement, and the success we see McDaniel's style is bringing to Miami and we bring in Caleb Pressley as the Supervisor of Morale. 

Anyways, this team looks miserable. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Sorry for so many posters here... McD and his best ever Bills winning % will not be gone after one poor season. That would be such a drought era move. That will only happen if he loses his team in the locker room, which contrary to unfounded assumptions, there is no evidence of at this juncture. 

A "playoffs or bust" demand would mean we need to go 5-2/ 6-1 against the remaining schedule which includes PHI, DAL, KC, MIA, LAC. Not realistic at all to expect considering the team as is. Is it possible? Sure.

I think a couple issues are, Dorsey's offense was very predictable according to a number of people and when its predictable, it makes it that much easier to defend.  How many times lately are we seeing Allen double clutching the ball and looking for another option.  If defenses know whats coming, a lot of times receivers are going to be open, allen is going to get pressured and feel the need to escape, and bad things could happen.

Also as Rodgers said in his interview and I've been saying for a while, if the check down is open, he needs to start taking it way more often.  I've seen tons of plays where the check down in the flat or someone short is open, he has time and is looking downfield, but when its not open he won't even look to the check down.  He has to start taking these.  Instead of an incompletion, sack or even a turnover, it could be a 5-6 yard gain.  Even a 2-3 yard gain is fine, just move the ball a bit.  I'm not sure why he isn't looking there all the time but it has to start so we're more consistent moving the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

I think a couple issues are, Dorsey's offense was very predictable according to a number of people and when its predictable, it makes it that much easier to defend.  How many times lately are we seeing Allen double clutching the ball and looking for another option.  If defenses know whats coming, a lot of times receivers are going to be open, allen is going to get pressured and feel the need to escape, and bad things could happen.

Also as Rodgers said in his interview and I've been saying for a while, if the check down is open, he needs to start taking it way more often.  I've seen tons of plays where the check down in the flat or someone short is open, he has time and is looking downfield, but when its not open he won't even look to the check down.  He has to start taking these.  Instead of an incompletion, sack or even a turnover, it could be a 5-6 yard gain.  Even a 2-3 yard gain is fine, just move the ball a bit.  I'm not sure why he isn't looking there all the time but it has to start so we're more consistent moving the ball.

I don't disagree with any of that. Not sure you intended to reply to my post with that, but either way, all good!

I wonder how Joe Brady the QB coach and now OC will be able to get:

1) The offense to improve from its already 3rd best DVOA in the NFL;

2) The offense to improve from already being best in success rate in the NFL;

3) The offense to improve from its already 3rd best in yards per play in the NFL;

4) The offense to improve from its already 2nd best in 3rd down conversion % in the NFL;

5) The offense to improve from its already 3rd best in red zone efficiency in the NFL;

6) Josh Allen to improve from 4th in the league in QBR;

7) Josh Allen the QB to score more TDs than his already league leading number of TDs;

8 Josh Allen to stop throwing INTs;

9) The receivers to stop dropping passes;

10) The line to block better;

11) The defense not to give up multiple game winning drives after the offense scores to put us in a position to win;

12) The team not to have too many players on the field to cause us to lose a game we had won.

Good luck Joe.

He will need it given that some people here and on WGR had their pitch forks out for the offensive coordinator who coordinated one of the best offenses in the NFL both this year AND last year notwithstanding all of the problems with player execution.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/season/2022/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/desc

https://x.com/minakimes/status/1724466437190975685?s=20

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/nfl/tools/team-total-dvoa

Edited by Peter

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Rumor was floating around that Diggs' issues were with Dorsey and not McD. He and many others hated the Dorsey offense and eventually stopped playing hard for him.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but it sure seems plausible to me.

Diggs has been a distraction since the end of last season. He is in full prima donna mode. It also is clear that he is using his brother to b--ch and moan on his behalf.

If it were not for the cap hit, I would trade him if he continues to be a distraction.

Edited by Peter
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

3) The offense to improve from its already 3rd best in yards per play in the NFL;

4) The offense to improve from its already 2nd best in 3rd down conversion % in the NFL;

5) The offense to improve from its already 3rd best in red zone efficiency in the NFL;

7) Josh Allen the QB to score more TDs than his already league leading number of TDs;

11) The defense not to give up multiple game winning drives after the offense scores to put us in a position to win;

12) The team not to have too many players on the field to cause us to lose a game we had won.

Good luck Joe.

He will need it given that some people here and on WGR had their pitch forks out for the offensive coordinator who coordinated one of the best offenses in the NFL both this year AND last year notwithstanding all of the problems with player execution.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/season/2022/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/desc

Josh needs a 3-1 TD to int ratio period, he isnt there. Stupid plays have to be cut down.  And YES there are many areas to improve esp with the scheme. Now if  players, Gabe Davis, keeps dropping balls I say bench his butt. He isn't a superstar, so send a message.  But yeah they can improve, esp. stop with the INT's at an alarming rate.

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Josh needs a 3-1 TD to int ratio period, he isnt there. Stupid plays have to be cut down.  And YES there are many areas to improve esp with the scheme. Now if  players, Gabe Davis, keeps dropping balls I say bench his butt. He isn't a superstar, so send a message.  But yeah they can improve, esp. stop with the INT's at an alarming rate.

Indeed re the INTs. That is an execution issue though.

At the end of the season, I am going to compare the offensive metrics I posted above with how we end up.

Given all of the people who had their pitch forks out for Dorsey notwithstanding those metrics, I presume I should expect the offense to exceed each of those metrics now that McCoach has thrown Dorsey under the bus to try to save his own job.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

Good luck Joe.

Since the 2nd half of last year, Josh Allen his willed this to happen. What we're starting to see now, is a tired, beaten Josh Allen.  One can only carry the burden for so long. Do you not agree that even when we were having some success, it looked very laboring?

54 minutes ago, Mango said:

The offense was better last year. Dorsey called some lights out games this year. 

After a bad outing or two McD said he was going to be more involved. I get the sense everybody is gripping too tight and McD is probably to blame for that.

If the offense is absolutely lights out after the bye, I coulda kinda-sorta, maybe, after a few drinks get behind a youth movement at coach. Double down on the young offensive coordinator like LAR and MIA, and give Brady the reigns in 2024. (ducks and covers)

We could really make it dangerous, and after naming a totally inexperienced 34 year old HC, we could make Bobby Babich our 40 year old DC. 

Edit: But honestly, it would help maybe provide some continuity for Allen and the young guys we have coming up while shifting the priority to taking care of Josh long term. 

Edit 2: I am doubling down on youth here. Time to get Caleb Pressley to unretire and get this guy into the fold as the Supervisor of Morale"

For those unfamiliar, he is now a barstool guy, but he was recruited to play QB at UNC. He basically both stunk and didn't take it too seriously and he donned himself the Supervisor of Morale. They kept him on the team in his made up role. 

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/588506

The offense was better last year but still struggled compared to prior years. Ever since the beginning of last season, everything has looked twice as hard for them. And it just got a lot worse recently

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

At the end of the season, I am going to compare the offensive metrics I posted above with how we end up.

Given all of the people who had their pitch forks out for Dorsey notwithstanding those metrics, I presume I should expect the offense to exceed each of those metrics now that McCoach has thrown Dorsey under the bus to try to save his own job.

Peter, please do.  I HOPE that a change in scheme and approach will help Josh improve.  I mean hell, MAYBE joe's scheme can work in the NFL esp with Josh, but I think we both agree there is still something wrong with Josh that needs to get hammered out. I pray its not a deeper, off-the-field / Personal issue causing this.  I sincerely hope joe's system somewhat motivates Josh to want to get back on track and even improve over his past play. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think firing Dorsey was the best and only move we could make at this juncture. McDermott has at least earned the right to finish the season. Is it time for change, a fresh new start? Maybe. I guess we'll see after this final 7 game stretch.

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Peter, please do.  I HOPE that a change in scheme and approach will help Josh improve.  I mean hell, MAYBE joe's scheme can work in the NFL esp with Josh, but I think we both agree there is still something wrong with Josh that needs to get hammered out. I pray its not a deeper, off-the-field / Personal issue causing this.  I sincerely hope joe's system somewhat motivates Josh to want to get back on track and even improve over his past play. 

I also hope there is not something deeper going on with Josh. 

Notwithstanding the INTs, I love the guy and think he is perfect for Buffalo and the Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

It’s not like Joe Brady is taking over to work with Tyson Bagent or someone of that caliber. This is Josh Freakin Allen. One of the best QB talents and athletic dudes in the entire league.  So this is an amazing situation for Brady to really shine here.  We’ll see. If he can break Allen out of this slump he will be The Man.

He can't possibly be as bad or worse than Dorsey.  So let's support him. Hope he can somehow coach these turnovers out of Josh. Devise schemes that gets them some semblance of wr separation and continue to use James.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.