Madden Curse

Mango

1 hour ago, Mango said:

A bunch of us saw this coming. We seem to forget EA sports is the one doing this to us. Allen didn’t have to be on the cover, but he did it, and now everything is ruined. 

We just have to hunker down and get through. We will be OK. 

When will we be okay?

I was just thinking about the Madden curse before seeing this. There could be a couple rational reasons why cover players have bad years...

1. Hubris. It makes a player feel like the biggest superstar in the game. Remember, these are people in their 20s, not adults with a long period of maturity as a frame of reference. When Josh is saying crap like "I'm the best athlete in the world!" on video, you know his head has gotten bigger (and not because it's filled with more football study).

2. Other teams are more motivated to take you down.

I think psychology is huge in sports and I don't think being on the Madden cover is a good thing. Maybe it's just dumb luck but Josh's psyche is not in the right place this year and being on Madden surely didn't help.

12 hours ago, Mango said:

A bunch of us saw this coming. We seem to forget EA sports is the one doing this to us. Allen didn’t have to be on the cover, but he did it, and now everything is ruined. 

We just have to hunker down and get through. We will be OK. 

I wish Madden would put the commissioner on the package.  Maybe it would cause revenues to plummet for a year and get him fired.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Madden curse is career ending injury. Did I miss something or are the Bills still in contention?

Going through the list of cover athletes. Which ones had career ending injuries? I’m only at the first 6 but none had a career ender. 

edit- found maybe 1 but the player was old at the time and could have just been age catching up. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.