NFL Overachievers/Underachievers

TFBillsfan

A few games remaining to wrap up week 10 but thus far here are my thoughts on who’s overachieving and underachieving.

Over:

Texans: Rookie QB, young roster but sitting at 5-4. One game behind Jax but few would of had them in playoff contention this year.

Pittsburgh: Lacking in offense but finding a way. 6-3

Cleveland: 6-4 with Watson who missed multiple games and lost their stud RB for the season.  Strong D with an inconsistent Watson but sitting in good shape.

Minny: Atrocious start, lost starting QB but have won five start sitting at 6-4 playoffs are in play. Most had them in top 10 2024 draft after their star. Rebounded and have legit shot at playoffs with JJ coming back.

Under:

Buffalo: Hopefully a victory against Denver or this season will shift to crisis mode with the remaining schedule. Bad losses against NE and NYJ with squeakers against TB and NYG. Best win is MIA who has yet to beat a winning team. Coaching, scheme, execution, slow start, inconsistency and defensive injuries. Missing the playoffs is unacceptable with their talent. Next two games are critical to get right!

Cinncy: 5-4 and in last place in the AFCN. Uphill battle to make playoffs but own tiebreaker against Buffalo.

LA Chargers: 4-5 In a competitive AFC playoffs are looking like remote possibility. Coaching change is likely coming.

Anyone have anything different or a different viewpoint?

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Bengals seem to be trending into lead underachiever category as they went form an overachieving 10-7 team in 2021 that made the Super Bowl, to an even better 12-4 team who bowed out in the AFCG, now sitting 5-4 and 4th place in AFCN.

A total underachiever, or perhaps the rest of the division has caught up. Lou Anaroumo suddenly has no answers for a rookie QB on the road missing his WR 1.  If I’m a Bengals fan I’m wondering what is wrong with Burrow and an offense that can’t  get going in the first half. 

I think New England at 2-8 and a minus 97 point differential are underachieving.  Most preseason reports had them being a plucky 9-8 type club and in the mix.

Also, Denver 3-5 have underachieved so far (albeit playing better lately).  They were supposed to be there competing for 2nd in the AFC West with their hot new coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am very happy for Lions fans esp my friend.  I'm gifting him some speakers I refinished and the deal was he's place bets on Bills/Lions for both of us.  Suggested donation was $10 on each tix but I hope he doubles that at least.  They're nice speakers-

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

I'd throw Seattle in with the overachievers for a 2nd year straight. I know they finished 9-8 last year, but they're right at the top of the division with the 49ers at 6-3 and still get next to no attention.

They have a tough stretch coming up which could decide the division & tell us if they're a legit contender. Next week vs the Rams in LA, then a crazy 4 game stretch against the 49ers twice, at Dallas, then home vs the Eagles.

Colts are also overachievers, sitting at 5-5 despite losing their starting QB 5 weeks ago. They could easily be 6-4 if they hadn't given up a TD with 15 seconds left against the Browns, losing by 1 point.

As depressing as it is, the Bills are closer to the Colts than we are to the top teams in the league. That's not something I ever imagined would be a possibility heading into the year.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.