Bills could be tied for 1st in the AFC at 7-4

Billsfed1

Bills could be tied for 1st in the AFC at 7-4

Bills should be 7-2 and in sole possession of first place with the second-easiest schedule in the league to date that they've had.  

If not 8-1 given that three of our road games were against three horrible teams with absolutely terrible QBs that we dropped two to.  

Wins against the Jets and Pats alone would have us at 7-2.  

Apparently we're incapable of beating the Bengals with McD.  

Now we face the polar opposite, three road games against division leaders including both of last seasons Super Bowl participants, one more road game against a team that we haven't beaten on their turf since the Chuck Knox/Ferguson days, a home game against one of the toughest defenses in the league that also has an offense that's better and more balanced  than ours, and two teams at home that we've already lost to.  

... and resurgent Denver whose coach knows McD's D's well.  

Just sayin'' ...  

Barring something unusual, it seems that we're tracking for a season that's on par with a bunch in the drought era.

Is this where the highly touted yet ill-defined Process that we're supposed to have trusted has led?  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Bills should be 7-2 and in sole possession of first place with the second-easiest schedule in the league to date that they've had.  

If not 8-1 given that three of our road games were against the horrible teams with absolutely terrible QBs that we dropped two to.  

Wins against the Jets and Pats alone would have us at 7-2.  

Apparently we're incapable of beating the Bengals with McD.  

Now we face the polar opposite, three road games against division leaders including both of last seasons Super Bowl participants, one more road game against a team that we haven't beaten on their turf since the Chuck Knox/Ferguson days, a home game against one of the toughest defenses in the league that also has an offense that's better and more balanced  than ours, and two teams at home that we've already lost to.  

... and resurgent Denver whose coach knows McD's D's well.  

Just sayin'' ...  

Barring something unusual, it seems that we're tracking for a season that's on par with a bunch in the drought era.

Is this where the highly touted yet ill-defined Process that we're supposed to have trusted has led?  

this team's only identity is playing down to their level of competition 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Today was a great day for the Chiefs.

The Jags ran into an angry buzz saw.  That’s 2 home losses against elite teams.  

If we don’t win the division and somehow get a WC I want them in RD 1

I... do not want the Jags.

I've been scarred too many times.  Natrone Means (I still see him running all over us in my nightmares), losing to ***** St. Doug, the Other Josh Allen Game, the London debacle.

There's something weird about that team.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I am really sick of that franchise. They are NOT playing like a 6-3 team.  They should be 3-6 it's a joke. 

Remember when they started out 11-0 and very nearly missed the playoffs?

They'll find their own level soon enough.

• Agree 1

First - if Kc loses two straight they are still ahead us with tiebreaker

All of the below also needs to happen…

MIA loses to raiders or jets 

CIN beats BAL but loses to Pit

BAL loses to CIN and LAC

PIT beats CIN but loses to CLE

CLE beats PIT but loses to DEN

JAX loses to TEN and HOU

HOU beats JAX but loses to AZ

Anything can happen right. 

40 minutes ago, ngbills said:

First - if Kc loses two straight they are still ahead us with tiebreaker

All of the below also needs to happen…

MIA loses to raiders or jets 

CIN beats BAL but loses to Pit

BAL loses to CIN and LAC

PIT beats CIN but loses to CLE

CLE beats PIT but loses to DEN

JAX loses to TEN and HOU

HOU beats JAX but loses to AZ

Anything can happen right. 

Interesting to see who needs to beat who to win tiebreakers, my overall point tho was that you potentially can have 6-8 teams tied with the same record with 6 weeks left in the season still

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Chiefs are so overrated . There's no powerhouse in AFC or the NFC for that matter. Thought SF at 1st, then Baltimore.  Week to week league. Just win this week 

100%.  The Chiefs have a major weakness in their WR corps, which is unlikely to improve this year.  

The Bills CAN beat any team out there.  They just need to get on a roll at the right time. Not saying that will happen - but it's as likely as any other scenario.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

100%.  The Chiefs have a major weakness in their WR corps, which is unlikely to improve this year.  

The Bills CAN beat any team out there.  They just need to get on a roll at the right time. Not saying that will happen - but it's as likely as any other scenario.

And yet, they will be right there in another Super Bowl. Anyone calling them overrated isn't thinking

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I... do not want the Jags.

I've been scarred too many times.  Natrone Means (I still see him running all over us in my nightmares), losing to ***** St. Doug, the Other Josh Allen Game, the London debacle.

There's something weird about that team.

Remember when they started out 11-0 and very nearly missed the playoffs?

They'll find their own level soon enough.

The Jags, Texans, and Bengals seem to have the Bills number for some odd reason.  Hate playing any of them, just like the Pats back in the day

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

And yet, they will be right there in another Super Bowl. Anyone calling them overrated isn't thinking

Didn't realize things were already decided for the big game.  Guess there isn't much point in continuing w/ the rest of the season.

As we all know, champions are usually decided in mid-November....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Didn't realize things were already decided for the big game.  Guess there isn't much point in continuing w/ the rest of the season.

As we all know, champions are usually decided in mid-November....

Whether they get there or not, they are not overrated. I personally feel that anyone thinking this way is in for a rude awakening

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Whether they get there or not, they are not overrated. I personally feel that anyone thinking this way is in for a rude awakening

People are saying they are clearly the best team in the AFC..

I don't see the gap. I see a team that has struggled almost as much as the Bills have.  They have also had an easier schedule than other teams in the AFC.

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't see the gap. I see a team that has struggled almost as much as the Bills have.  They have also had an easier schedule than other teams in the AFC.

Yeah, but unlike the Bills. They finish games. You can have them down the whole game they find ways to win it at the end. Granted with a little help from the refs here and there kinda like they used to for the Patriots but they always seem to find ways to pull it out

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Success said:

They beat the two common opponents that Bills couldn’t (Jets and Jax). So I don’t see how they’ve struggled as much as the Bills have. Their offense is not as formidable as years past but that defense will win them a lot of games. So in a muddled AFC they’re not overrated. No one is saying they will cruise to the Superbowl. But they have the best chance of all the AFC teams as of right now. 

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

They beat the two common opponents that Bills couldn’t (Jets and Jax). So I don’t see how they’ve struggled as much as the Bills have. Their offense is not as formidable as years past but that defense will win them a lot of games. So in a muddled AFC they’re not overrated. No one is saying they will cruise to the Superbowl. But they have the best chance of all the AFC teams as of right now. 

Despite yesterday's loss I still think the Ravens represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. If Cleveland can get their offense going, then watch out. Their defense is really good. 

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Despite yesterday's loss I still think the Ravens represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. If Cleveland can get their offense going, then watch out. Their defense is really good. 

Yeah they’ll be there at the end for sure. Just depends on Lamar’s playoffs performance. He looks different in a good way this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Balt vs KC in the AFCCG. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah they’ll be there at the end for sure. Just depends on Lamar’s playoffs performance. He looks different in a good way this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Balt vs KC in the AFCCG. 

He has 15 TDs in 10 games

3 games with 0 TDs

3 losses where they led in the 4Q

Seems like the same old Lamar to me 

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Process said:

He has 15 TDs in 10 games

3 games with 0 TDs

3 losses where they led in the 4Q

Seems like the same old Lamar to me 

I honestly don’t know his stats. Just from watching their games he’s less rb and more qb this year. He’s more poised and makes better throws than his first few years. My eyes says he has improved as a qb. 

• Disagree 1

18 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

We've also watched other teams football as well.  Sorry but no one is dominant. 

I watched the Red Zone yesterday for hours, and I gotta tell you, A LOT of offenses looked way better than what the Bills have been doing for the last 5 weeks.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.