Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

I'm always chatting with friends who are fans of other teams and they constantly tell me,  "The Bills will be fine, they will destroy the Jags, Giants, Pats, Bucs, Broncos, etc.."  Whatever team we're playing that week.  I don't know what they're seeing?  But now it comes down to this.  I think we can all agree that if they lose to Denver, it's over.  We can pack it in for the season and not have to stress anymore about it.

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm always chatting with friends who are fans of other teams and they constantly tell me,  "The Bills will be fine, they will destroy the Jags, Giants, Pats, Bucs, Broncos, etc.."  Whatever team we're playing that week.  I don't know what they're seeing?  But now it comes down to this.  I think we can all agree that if they lose to Denver, it's over.  We can pack it in for the season and not have to stress anymore about it.

Yup I already started doing mock drafts for 2024, I'm not expecting a win Monday. 

I'm at the point I don't really care anymore, the Bills obviously don't care, why should we.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Anyone hear any updates on Hyde and Benford?

Bernard too, for that matter?

We should get clarity when the first injury report of the week comes out today. I'm a little concerned about Hyde since they brought in a safety.

Edited by bills742

15 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Is it just me -- or does it feel like the coaches are not taking advantage of the "extra" days they have been afforded the last couple of weeks? I get that the extra time does help with healing the body, etc. but does not seem like they are getting any extra practice reps in.

They have such a late bye week this year -- week 13, I believe? -- that I'm totally fine with them using the extra days for rest.

I don't think lack of reps is what's hurting the Bills this year. At the very least, the opportunity cost of "extra rest" vs "extra reps" seems weighted toward the rest, in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Is it just me -- or does it feel like the coaches are not taking advantage of the "extra" days they have been afforded the last couple of weeks? I get that the extra time does help with healing the body, etc. but does not seem like they are getting any extra practice reps in.

There are all sorts of rules in the CBA about how often they can practice.

15 hours ago, dakrider said:

Bills will win a close game and then all the negative stuff will melt away for a couple weeks and fans will think the team has a chance to win the division and then do something in the playoffs.  And then just get disappointed all over again.

remember that year that the bills just needed to beat the steelers in the final week to get in the playoffs, and the steelers played all their 2nd and 3rd stringers? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

remember that year that the bills just needed to beat the steelers in the final week to get in the playoffs, and the steelers played all their 2nd and 3rd stringers? 

Bringing this up could cause bad memories that have been repressed by years of counseling and support group sessions to surface again for many Bills fans!

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Ah, the Willie Parker game. That one is up there.

i was 20. that was the first game i ever attended. I grew up and still live in the outskirts of "stiller" country here in northwest PA...... nightmare fuel.

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Doubt it, feels like an unofficial rule. Concussion protocol equals 1 week out unless you are a star QB. 

I believe Kincaid had a concussion and didn't miss a week.

Edit: I was wrong as pointed out by SWATeam, he missed a week.

Edited by bills742

I will watch Ofcourse because I'm a die hard and will never miss a game, but I'm litterally expecting the worst. Wilson has not been anywhere near what he once was, but watch him put up 400 passing yards and look like 2013 russ. The only thing that will get me excited again is if the bills annihilate Denver. If we win by 30, maybe I'll get hyped again 

35 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

So does Damar get the start if both Hyde and Poyer can't go?

The crazy part is, before the injury I actually liked Hamlin as a player. He’s super aggressive and decisive. He also really hits. I’m not sure why he’s just completely dealt out here. It’s not like the guys we have on the backend are lighting it up this year. We are seeing Hyde get scotched In coverage and both these guys are getting older.

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The crazy part is, before the injury I actually liked Hamlin as a player. He’s super aggressive and decisive. He also really hits. I’m not sure why he’s just completely dealt out here. It’s not like the guys we have on the backend are lighting it up this year. We are seeing Hyde get scotched In coverage and both these guys are getting older.

I think the issue with Damar is that he gave up the highest passer rating in the league among all qualifying players last year. I know it's not all him - scheme and context matter - but it was over 140. That's really bad. Basically, he's a massive coverage liability. He does some other things well, but safeties do need to be able to cover. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Username checks out.

Another Captain not so obvious.... that is not actually what that means. LOL I am from Buffalo and do not have the heart to root for another team other than Buffalo Teams. I love self torture, Sabres, Bills, Mets fan. LOL I am more critical of the Bills cause not a huge football fan. They need to play hard to keep me interested. They are losing that fast

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don’t care how many injuries the Bills have on D.  If they can’t outscore these clowns at home, then it is time to start looking at 2024. 

I mean....KC just lost to Denver.... 

this isn't the same team that had players laying all over the field while Miami scored 70.  They've gotten much better 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm ready for Fournette to play

Fournette NEEDS to play.  He's still effective.  And all this talk about him being washed, I don't know man, he's 28... that's younger than 90% of the players we sign...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not just that....the explosiveness he showed on PR...he earned designed plays on offense.  I guess Dorsey can't be bothered to get him the ball in space

He got asked after the Tampa Bay game why Cook and Harty are not used more in the pass game, and he gave a generic answer about getting everyone in space. 

I don't know how you don't try and get Harty the ball 2x a game and see if he can pop one. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Fournette NEEDS to play.  He's still effective.  And all this talk about him being washed, I don't know man, he's 28... that's younger than 90% of the players we sign...

they absolutely need someone who can provide a spark on offense.  Fournette's physical play could absolutely provide that 

Do I think it will happen?  No. He'll be inactive again 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.