Why is this team so flat??

Thrivefourfive

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

It’s because Dorsey is in over his head and has no idea what he is doing. We are 9 weeks in plus last season and this offense still has no identity. Dorsey has a bad design for our QB and personnel and can’t fix it. 

this should have been apparent when he gets players he has no idea what to do with. We got Hines last season and he had no idea what to do with him. We got Kincaid this season and couldn’t get him involved until he was forced to. 

idgaf. I will argue with anyone who thinks Dorsey isn’t the problem. 

I don't know if Dorsey is 100% of the problem, I think Josh deserves his fair share of criticism, but i think it's time to make a change for the sake of next season- this year is lost.  If we get rid of Dorsey we have half a season to see if we are able to get better results on O.  Better to change one piece and assess the results rather than change everything and see what the outcome is. One variable at a time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I know it’s a small sample size but look at how Vegas responded to a coaching change in that locker room—suddenly everyone is playing lights out and having fun doing it? Things that make you go hmmmm…

Dead cat bounce.  Google it. 

That game was one of the worst officiating displays of recent memory. Now you can’t dismiss their inability to get to Burrow with extra rushers and him carving them up for 3 scores in the 1st half. The Bills offensive prowess came out in the 2nd half. The work of Dion, Kincaid, Shakir, Cook, Jackson should not be dismissed. We lost our MLB and Hyde for a chunk of the game. It wasn’t a great game for the defense and the Bengals are on a roll but between bad calls , no calls and an unfortunate fumble, we were right there.  If we can get healthy, I’m confident we turn things around.

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d say there’s a very good chance most of the team lost belief in the coaching staff

One trend I have seen over the last couple of years is this. Game starts off like normal. Buffalo falls behind a bit. Josh presses and turns the ball over. Then we get Allen sitting on the bench with that 100 mile stare. We all know what kind of game it's going to be early just from Allen's expressions. 

To me, this is where coaching comes into play. Or more directly in our case...lack of coaching. To me, it feel like Allen knows that if we fall behind by two scores or so, we lack the coaching needed to make the changes to get back into it. Its game over. There is no confidence from the players IMO.

39 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Dead cat bounce.  Google it. 

Last time the Raiders fired a coach in season they dead cat bounced their way to the playoffs. And I think if the ref doesn't screw up and blow an untimely whistle in the middle of a play...they beat the Bengals in that game.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, saundena said:

I don't know if Dorsey is 100% of the problem, I think Josh deserves his fair share of criticism, but i think it's time to make a change for the sake of next season- this year is lost.  If we get rid of Dorsey we have half a season to see if we are able to get better results on O.  Better to change one piece and assess the results rather than change everything and see what the outcome is. One variable at a time.

For sure Josh deserves some criticism.  I don't disagree with that.  However, since Dorsey has gotten here Josh has had clear regression.  They are trying to change his game into more of a Tom Brady like game and that just doesn't suit him.  At least not yet.  Rather than weaving in those concepts and letting him learn, they just full blown went with all of it.  Josh is special at things that they took away from him trying to make him special at something he isn't.  

I don't care what some efficiency stats show.  Efficiency stats are for chumps.  What matters is scoring and Josh is on his worst 5 game stretch that I recall.  Haven't dug into it but its worse than even last year.  Last year, I said Dorsey sucked too. People hung their hat on but but but the scoring is the same (or maybe it was a tad better) as Daboll.  Well now its not.  Its plummeted.  I don't care what stats show.  They are stats from a few blowouts that carry it.  

Josh needs to be Josh. People need to stop caring that he has a bum game or two because that same Josh is the one that is a superstar and carries the team through 10 other games.  A few bad games happen to every QB.  It isn't the end of the world.  You don't neuter that guy when he produces in the rest of the season.  13 secs is why we don't have a superbowl, not because Josh threw some ints against the Jets or had a bad game against the Jags.

Dorsey is in over his head. His concepts suck for this team.  He has no idea how to use the personnel.  His game flow is terrible.  He can't adjust. He can't design an offense for the talent he has. Josh has bailed him out a lot.  Dorsey has a good gameplan here and there.  About as many as Josh has Jets games.  Asking Josh to play the way they want him to play is like asking Peterman to chuck it down the sideline all game.  Square pegs, round holes.

People can say we have no talent on the offense.  Sure, we could use another WR #1.  We could use a RT. The thing is we have enough talent as is.  It is just used wrong.  You can't have all stars at that many positions when you are paying a QB.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Simon said:

I think you're kinda nuts on that one. Those boys brought it tonight.

They didn't play well enough but they played hard enough.

Agree 💯. 2 turnovers was the difference, and they outsmarted us with their TEs, and Burrow with his legs.  We can play with the big boys.  The effort is there.  The new guys will make a difference.

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

For sure Josh deserves some criticism.  I don't disagree with that.  However, since Dorsey has gotten here Josh has had clear regression.  They are trying to change his game into more of a Tom Brady like game and that just doesn't suit him.  At least not yet.  Rather than weaving in those concepts and letting him learn, they just full blown went with all of it.  Josh is special at things that they took away from him trying to make him special at something he isn't.  

I don't care what some efficiency stats show.  Efficiency stats are for chumps.  What matters is scoring and Josh is on his worst 5 game stretch that I recall.  Haven't dug into it but its worse than even last year.  Last year, I said Dorsey sucked too. People hung their hat on but but but the scoring is the same (or maybe it was a tad better) as Daboll.  Well now its not.  Its plummeted.  I don't care what stats show.  They are stats from a few blowouts that carry it.  

Josh needs to be Josh. People need to stop caring that he has a bum game or two because that same Josh is the one that is a superstar and carries the team through 10 other games.  A few bad games happen to every QB.  It isn't the end of the world.  You don't neuter that guy when he produces in the rest of the season.  13 secs is why we don't have a superbowl, not because Josh threw some ints against the Jets or had a bad game against the Jags.

Dorsey is in over his head. His concepts suck for this team.  He has no idea how to use the personnel.  His game flow is terrible.  He can't adjust. He can't design an offense for the talent he has. Josh has bailed him out a lot.  Dorsey has a good gameplan here and there.  About as many as Josh has Jets games.  Asking Josh to play the way they want him to play is like asking Peterman to chuck it down the sideline all game.  Square pegs, round holes.

People can say we have no talent on the offense.  Sure, we could use another WR #1.  We could use a RT. The thing is we have enough talent as is.  It is just used wrong.  You can't have all stars at that many positions when you are paying a QB.

Agree💯.  They let Farve be Farve.  They didn’t force him to be Brady or Montana.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.