Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

One shred of positivity: Kincaid was the first rookie TE to get 10 or more catches in a game since Jeremy Shockey back in 2004. Fumble aside, he’s been incredible.

He's starting to heat up.

Still nothing deeper than 10 yards, but he is slithery underneath. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

He was a QB that was decent in a pure pocket passing scheme. Josh is not that.

It's trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

am i missing something?.....where here screams...oh...i should definetely let this guy lead a team with superbowl asperations and unicorn at qb?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4699/ken-dorsey

11 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

I'll be pleased to explain how the Beane/McDermott Panthers are making Allen the next Newton...  . Newton's most successful season came in his 4th season (Like Allen's) In 2015 when Newton was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) (Allen has not ever been MVP), and helped Panthers obtain a franchise-best 15–1 record en route to an appearance in Super Bowl 50 (Allen has done neither). After Newton's best season, the Panthers won fewer games every year (Like Allen). The Panthers ran Newton into the ground (Like the Bills with Allen). By Newtons 7th year he was shot. But at least the Panthers provided Newton with a solid running game during his career. Actually the Bills are treating Josh worse than the Panthers treated Newton. The Bills have grossly overpaid several veterans, and drafted very poorly. This team has clearly peaked, and the raod back is not clear. Allen and Diggs contractts both expire after 2026. I seee them both getting fed up, and depart to a better situation... The Bills have 2 transformational players in Allen and Diggs. They have blown it with both!!    

Allen is 2028 

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

not entirely..but he has had success playing that way....but i look at the replay a lot of times and there are 3 recievers past the line of scrimmage...two bunched together and all just past the line of scrimmage and heavily covered.   its like they focus on a play on one person and the rest just go out to block/play decoy...of course this isnt every play...but far to often.

I'm at the point where Dorsey believes he's seeing the offense through Josh's eyes and they are 2 completely different people.

Dorsey thinks he can turn Josh into a Brady type pocket passer the way Dorsey was in college and that's the exact opposite of Josh.

Dorsey is now regressing and calling plays that either don't take advantage of Josh's strengths or even works against him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The coaching staff is going out of its way to PREVENT Josh from running! This is a bad comp

Correct. They "try" to get Josh to stop running, but the coaching, and game planning is so bad, they revert back to "letting Josh be Josh", and he's right back to taking risks. Very apprpriate comp. Plus like Newton, once teams teams figured out that Josh needs to run to be effective, like Newtons Panthers, the teams decline was quick. Does ANYBODY with a good sense of the Bills team going forward see them going back to a 14 or 13 win team anytime soon? Not with this coaching staff. Not with thier cap situation, and bad contracts... Bleak is the word. Get use to a season of 1pm start times going forward.        

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

@NateGearySports just reminded the WGR audience that **no head coach/QB combo has won their first Super Bowl after 5+ years together.** I have been saying this. We need to shout it from the rooftops until Pegula fires Sean McDermott and saves Josh Allen's prime. #BillsMafia  

You would think that this job would be in-demand from an offensive mind. 

7 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

am i missing something?.....where here screams...oh...i should definetely let this guy lead a team with superbowl asperations and unicorn at qb?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4699/ken-dorsey

I'm comparing the type of Qbs they are.

Most great offensive coordinators weren't necessarily great players themselves, but they knew how to use the talent they have.

Josh and Ken were two vastly different style QBs in college and Dorsey is trying to turn Josh into a style that simple isn't going to work with Josh.

Edited by Billz4ever

38 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

And he’s being sent to Chicago? What’s Josh done to deserve that?

I’m going to make a hot take. I don’t blame Dorsey. I think - with no proof - that McDermott is calling for the offense to slow the clock to protect the defense. Everyone knows what gets this offense into rhythm. No huddles, designed runs from Josh, fast play. It worked on the first drive so why abandon it? Is Dorsey that stupid? Some may say yes, but I don’t think so. McDermott baulked that the weakened defense would buckle so wanted the offense to slow down and pile up the TOP.

For me, McDermott has to accept the Bills best chance of winning games is accepting a shootout. Do that against the Pats and the Bills would have won. Defeat tonight in isolation is fine. I bet most of us had it down as a loss when the schedule came out. Probably expected to find the Rodgers-led Jets a problem in week one and the London trip a banana skin too. It’s the Pats defeat which means a surprise win is really required. It just didn’t come tonight.

A few things. The offense ran 21 plays the first half. 7 were in the first drive. Then they went 4, 2, 3, and 5. I wish the offense would sustain drives and get the run game going too. 

Your hot take makes zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm at the point where Dorsey believes he's seeing the offense through Josh's eyes and they are 2 completely different people.

Dorsey thinks he can turn Josh into a Brady type pocket passer the way Dorsey was in college and that's the exact opposite of Josh.

Dorsey is now regressing and calling plays that either don't take advantage of Josh's strengths or even works against him.

Again..
Dorsey was a big nothing burger.   

played four years...2 with sf and 2 with cleaveland 

16 total starts.   52% completion and 2082 total yards.  130 yards a game and 25 sacks....

this is our leader.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.