Milano/Daquan question?

stlbills13

5 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

If you look at that facebook account, it has a lot of the same posts (images and captions) as his official instagram, which he definitely uses. The instagram account does not have the "Soon" post. 

What is raising my eyebrows is that the posts don't match up in time. His hamlin post was made in January on his instagram account, but was put on the facebook page in July. That seems like something a fan account recently made would do. 

Yeah that Matt Milano facebook page was made in July and then everything he ever posted on instagram was dumped there. That is a fan's doing. 

OK, so someone is trolling for clicks.  Everybody stand down.

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

1 hour ago, Franco_92 said:

If you look at that facebook account, it has a lot of the same posts (images and captions) as his official instagram, which he definitely uses. The instagram account does not have the "Soon" post. 

What is raising my eyebrows is that the posts don't match up in time. His hamlin post was made in January on his instagram account, but was put on the facebook page in July. That seems like something a fan account recently made would do. 

Yeah that Matt Milano facebook page was made in July and then everything he ever posted on instagram was dumped there. That is a fan's doing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Not saying you're lying but how do you know?

@HappyDays has a source.  He doesn't always hear stuff (nothing about the realities of Allen's shoulder or Milano's knee) but on other occasions he's been proven right.  For example his source said that Knox had a torn tendon and possibly a cracked bone in his wrist after Jax, even though he was "questionable" for the next game and no game designation the following game.  Then he was "out" week 8 and went on IR, and we heard he had surgery on his wrist.

So if he hears something, it's generally considered credible.

Edited by Beck Water

37 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

At DT, they are targeting Ndamukong Suh or Matt Ioannidis. Medical work is being done on both.

I hope you're source is right with Suh.

I know some will disagree, and I certainly do understand their hesitation, but I think a bit of Suh's nastiness would do well on our D-Line.

Loannidis does not move the needle at all, in my opinion.

• Agree 1

Looking Season 5 GIF by NBC

Perhaps the injury wasn't as bad as feared?  Seems strange if there was no real ligament damage other than an MCL Sprain that he would be out for an entire season with a broken leg if it happened in week 5.

Edited by Big Turk

From what I've read searching every available NFL site. Milano has a fractured leg. Period. No knee or soft tissue injury is NEVER been officialy mentioned as being treated. We don't know if it's a fractured Tibula or Fibula. But even if it's BOTH the John's Hopkins and Mayo Clinic web sites both mention an 8-12 week FULL recovery period. The Bill's are being cute with this as they NEVER have ruled Milano or Jones out for the season. You folks can easily look this up for yourselves, but from what I read, I would expect BOTH Milano and Jones back before the end of the season. I believe this is why the Bills did not address MLB or T1 at the trade deadline. I believe Both could be back before week 18!!        

2 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

From what I've read searching every available NFL site. Milano has a fractured leg. Period. No knee or soft tissue injury is NEVER been officialy mentioned as being treated. We don't know if it's a fractured Tibula or Fibula. But even if it's BOTH the John's Hopkins and Mayo Clinic web sites both mention an 8-12 week FULL recovery period. The Bill's are being cute with this as they NEVER have ruled Milano or Jones out for the season. You folks can easily look this up for yourselves, but from what I read, I would expect BOTH Milano and Jones back before the end of the season. I believe this is why the Bills did not address MLB or T1 at the trade deadline. I believe Both could be back before week 18!!        

Also we have seen players come back from pec tears even when they had surgery much faster than expected...JJ Watt returned to practice 8 weeks after surgery

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28365547/texans-jj-watt-returning-practice-pectoral-muscle-tear

23 hours ago, SCBills said:

There seems to be whispers of a potential Suh signing at some point.  

It does seem interesting that reports are we were so heavy on CB before the deadline and next to zero reports of us on a DT/LB. 

Suh is a bad actor, and won't fit in to the McD organization method.

For Jones, I think the optimistic projections by Banged up Bills put Jones in an 8-10 week window to come back. Which would put him on track for a December return. A 12 week timetable is an “average” timetable for his injury which puts him on track for an early January return. 

Miliano has a very small outside chance of a mid to late January return. But that’s a very small outside chance given that his type of injury has not typically had that time table for recovery.

7 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Why the righteous indignation towards a fellow Bills fan who expects a GM to actually make a move when we suffer catastrophic injuries. Who knows, he might even care what the customers think. Thankfully he’s got people like you, Rat person, who discourages any descent.

Not all indignant nor righteously so. I’m simply suggesting that Beane’s motivations have little to do with what fans make noise about.

I could be wrong - perhaps he’s doing his job based on posters on this board. In which case he should find a different line of work. 🤪

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Rat-boy said:

Not all indignant nor righteously so. I’m simply suggesting that Beane’s motivations have little to do with what fans make noise about.

I could be wrong - perhaps he’s doing his job based on posters on this board. In which case he should find a different line of work. 🤪

He ended up making a deal that we desperately needed. I’m not saying he’s motivated by social media but you can only get eliminated early so many times before the fan base turns on you. He’s tying his future to Sean and with Offensive HCs  winning SBs in today’s NFL. Sean’s game day decision making is starting to become glaring problems. Examples are the defense played against NE in the 4th qtr and the ultra conservative offensive calls that set up the “Hail Mary” that could have lost us a game we should have won easily. So Beane has to fortify the roster. for the Bills to have any chance. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

But even if it's BOTH the John's Hopkins and Mayo Clinic web sites both mention an 8-12 week FULL recovery period. The Bill's are being cute with this 

I’m starting to agree. The way Beane and McD keep side stepping the injury updates Milano and DJ tell them they think he’s coming back.

5 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

I don't know of any verified specifics about the injury.  But I don't think you can assume there is no knee or soft tissue injury, simply because there isn't any "official" mention.  The player is under no obligation to disclose specifics of his injury other than broken leg, going on IR.

I'm not sure exactly where you read exactly what, but the 8-12 weeks is for the bone itself to form new bone, called "hard callus", bridging the broken pieces (but has some differences from normal bone).  After that, bone repair is still underway in the form of bone remodeling to return the bone to its original shape.  

During the healing process, there's usually a period of time where weight bearing should not occur, because movement of the bone fragments can hinder healing.  If it's true Milano had a tibeal plateau fracture.  Google this and it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see this non-weight-bearing phase may be especially important because the tibeal plateau is one of the surfaces of the knee joint, and any disunion or displacement there would be ultra bad news for knee mobility and stability.

So after there's a no mobility/no weight bearing period of time, there's a need to regain mobility, flexibility, and strength, not just overall but in all the little stabilizer muscles that you can't activate while you're not weight bearing lest you tug the bone fragments out of place.  I don't think that's included in your "8-12 week FULL recovery period", which is just the usual time for initial bone repair to take place.

Whether or not Milano and Jones could be back before Week 18, the Bills have to get to the end of the season with a good enough record for their return to matter eg, a good enough record to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.