Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

18 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Very good CB. Just for reference, his overall rating in Madden 24 is 85. Fans in Green Bay and Milwaukee are hating this trade, so that should tell you something. If he can give us a couple healthy years, along with the Fournette signing, that's a solid move by Beane. I'm sorry we didn't shore up LB, but we're still set up well for the future with Milano, Bernard and Williams who I think has high upside.

I just don't think there was a starting caliber LB that was available. If there were, the asking price was too high, as there wasn't a single LB moved league wide.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Very good CB. Just for reference, his overall rating in Madden 24 is 85. Fans in Green Bay and Milwaukee are hating this trade, so that should tell you something. If he can give us a couple healthy years, along with the Fournette signing, that's a solid move by Beane. I'm sorry we didn't shore up LB, but we're still set up well for the future with Milano, Bernard and Williams who I think has high upside.

Green Bay fans were very upset when Packers did not sign Hyde when he was a free agent.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not a bad deal for a good corner he’s solid. Recoup a pick so they have 10 in the next draft to move around. 
I still would loved a DT to stop the run but hey can’t have everything.

They did get Ankou back and I e seen word they have interest in bringing in Suh … we’ll see. Jones also tweeted ? ( X or whatever it is now) that “ I’ll be back” .. maybe he got good news on his injury timetable ? I doubt he tweets that if he’s out until next season 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The Packers secondary was legit good the last few seasons.  I haven’t followed them much this year because their team is boring and awful.  

But Douglas has to be a big reason why they’ve been very good.  

Last year v the Bills I thought in the 2nd half we didn’t move the ball well at all thru the air against them and Josh had 2 picks.  

For the D in order of preference I wanted a CB; saw that as the biggest need.  We have depth there again.  

Now is the pass rush going to be good?  Can we cover big TEs?  I have no idea but currently I’m very down on our front 6.  It’s Bernard Groot and Ed and that’s it.  Ed disappears vs good to great Guards.  And I think Groot is hurt.  I don’t understand how they’re using AJE.  I think it’s the same with him - vs very good to great tackles he’s invisible.  

The Bengals might only score 59 now with this move.  

59 ? Their season high was 34 Vs Arizona. More recently 17 vs SEA and 31 vs SF - even there they had 17 thru 3 quarters before Purdy melted down with turnovers in the 4th. They’re looking better than they started off the year but let’s be serious. 

• Like (+1) 2

2023 NFL trade deadline: Who are the biggest winners and losers?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-trade-deadline-who-are-the-biggest-winners-and-losers

by Judy Battista, Senior National Columnist

Buffalo Bills: They got cornerback Rasul Douglas from the Packers, a critical addition to a defense that has been battered by injuries, including to cornerback Tre’Davious White, who is out for the season with an Achilles tear. Given teams coming up on the schedule for the remainder of the regular season -- the Bengals, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers and Dolphins – shoring up the pass defense was a must.

Smallest writeup on all of the trades that day.

12 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The answer is no.

I'm 100% convinced people here only watch the bills

Mostly true. Always watch the Bills and occasionally catch other games, but I can’t sit on a sofa all weekend watching movies and sports. Not into fantasy football or gambling. So no, I don’t have much knowledge of second tier players on other teams. For me, there’s more to life than spending hours as a passive observer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Is Rasul Douglas even gonna be a starter immediately?

With any other team I’d stay yeah. Remember the way we messed around with Hines last year? Might as well not even done that trade then he got hurt this year. I hope they just let Douglas get in there but I doubt they will. We are very strange with roster management. I’d like to see both he and Fournette immediately but I’m expecting to be disappointed with usage. Hoping to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

With any other team I’d stay yeah. Remember the way we messed around with Hines last year? Might as well not even done that trade then he got hurt this year. I hope they just let Douglas get in there but I doubt they will. We are very strange with roster management. I’d like to see both he and Fournette immediately but I’m expecting to be disappointed with usage. Hoping to be wrong.

I can see why they hold back on the O, but have they held back on the D side? Trying to remember the last time they brought in someone on D during the season and didn't play them.🤔

Very solid move. There is nothing to dislike about this.

Good zone corner, will start sooner rather than later, hates to lose. Cost the equivalent of a 4th, that’s not a lot for a starting CB.

I love Tre, I don’t think he’s coming back. He was a head case after the ACL now has a second season ender never mind he’s getting up there age wise. This gives us some CB insurance for a couple years while either Elam wakes up or we develop another CB.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Is Rasul Douglas even gonna be a starter immediately?

I assume once he learns the defense.  May take a couple of weeks.  I expect him and Benford to be the two starters with Jackson being the backup.  Also can kick inside if god forbid something happens to T. Johnson.  I would've preferred a true shutdown #1 CB.  That's nearly impossible to find at the trade deadline though but he's a great consolation prize.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I assume once he learns the defense.  May take a couple of weeks.  I expect him and Benford to be the two starters with Jackson being the backup.  Also can kick inside if god forbid something happens to T. Johnson.  I would've preferred a true shutdown #1 CB.  That's nearly impossible to find at the trade deadline though but he's a great consolation prize.

He's also big enough and has the ability to drop back to Saftey next season if Elam figures it out. Options, options,  options.  I like it!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Now way are they giving up the third round pick for a guy that they’re not going to be running very soon

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

And technically it’s Douglas and a fifth for a third. That fifth should tip the scales for some. I don’t know where else we’d find a legit vet starter for less. He’s only 28 so even Madden dummies must know that starter + being under 30 is going to cost a bit. Had we shopped around a 6th for some 32 year old vet we all know the complaints would be about the age.

So, is he 28 or 29?  On all the releases from the Bills side of things, he is 28.  I have read quite a few releases from the Packers side, including the sound bite from their GM where they claim he turned 29 this past August.

18 minutes ago, metbill said:

So, is he 28 or 29?  On all the releases from the Bills side of things, he is 28.  I have read quite a few releases from the Packers side, including the sound bite from their GM where they claim he turned 29 this past August.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=08&d1=29&y1=1995&m2=11&d2=1&y2=2023

From and including: Tuesday, August 29, 1995
To, but not including Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Result: 10,291 days

It is 10,291 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 28 years, 2 months, 3 days excluding the end date.

Whoever manages calendar add his birthday to it.

• Like (+1) 1

Douglas is a good player and a good fit. He upgrades the secondary. He also has a nose for the ball clearly.

I'm not saying he needs to play 90% of the snaps this week but I really hope they get him on the field Sunday night. He can be a factor against that pass offense even on a short week of prep with a new team. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

59 ? Their season high was 34 Vs Arizona. More recently 17 vs SEA and 31 vs SF - even there they had 17 thru 3 quarters before Purdy melted down with turnovers in the 4th. They’re looking better than they started off the year but let’s be serious. 

I prefer a little hyperbole every now and then

• Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.