For fun: NFL mega expansion

Just Jack

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Scenario:  The NFL has decided they want one team in every state, and for some odd reason, decided you're the one to decide where they go.  Here's the criteria...

1) States that already have one team, will stay where they are.  Names could change to better reflect the state/city that they play in, example, New England Patriots could go back to using Boston Patriots.  Carolina Panthers will become North Carolina Panthers or Charlotte Panthers. 

2) States with multiple teams, will need to relocate teams to a state with no team, to get them down to one team remaining.  So, Florida with the Bucs, Jags, and Dolphins, two of those three teams will need to move. Teams that are moved, can keep their identity, like if you moved the Dolphins to Hawaii, they could stay as the Hawaiin Dolphins, or you could change their identity if you want. 

3) New teams will be named after the city/location they will play in or state name. So, a team in Idaho could be named either the Idaho Spuds or Boise Spuds.

4) No need to worry about divisions/conferences, that will all be figured out later. 

Here are your lists.

Teams that are staying put
Arizona - Arizona Cardinals
Colorado - Denver Broncos
Georgia - Atlanta Falcons
Illinois - Chicago Bears
Indiana - Indianapolis Colts
Louisiana - New Orleans Saints 
Massachusetts - New England Patriots (need to be renamed)
Michigan - Detroit Lions
Minnesota - Minnesota Vikings
Missouri - Kansas City Chiefs
Nevada - Las Vegas Raiders
New York - Buffalo Bills
North Carolina - Caroliina Panthers (need to be renamed)
Tennessee - Tennessee Titans
Washington - Seattle Seahawks 
Wisconsin - Green Bay Packers

States with teams that must relocate one or more teams.
California - Los Angelese Chargers, Los Angelese Rams, San Fransico 49ers 
Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins
Maryland - Baltimore Ravens, Washington Commanders
New Jersey - Giants, Jets (remaining team location must be renamed to reflect state or city)
Ohio - Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns
Pennsylvania - Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburg Steelers
Texas - Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans

States with no teams currently

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Montana
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wyoming

So how would you do it?  What teams would you relocate? What new teams would you come up with?  

Oklahoma Storm 

Here's my list

California - San Fransico 49ers 

Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars 
Illinois - Chicago Bears

Maryland - Baltimore Ravens
Massachusetts - Boston Patriots (renamed)
Michigan - Detroit Lions

New Jersey - New Jersey Giants (renamed)
New York - Buffalo Bills
North Carolina - North Caroliina Panthers (renamed)

Ohio - Cleveland Browns

Pennsylvania - Pittsburg Steelers

Texas - Dallas Cowboys

States with a relocated/new team

Alabama - Birmingham Commanders (relocated from Maryland)
Alaska - Alaskan Bald Eagles (relocated from Philadelphia) 
Arkansas - Little Rock Duck Callers
Connecticut - Bridgeport Chargers (relocated from LA)
Delaware - Delaware Chemists
Hawaii - Honolulu Dolphins (relocated from Miami)
Idaho - Idaho Spuds
Iowa - Des Moines Pig Farmers
Kansas - Kansas Plain Indians
Kentucky - Kentucky Distillers (relocated from Cincinnati)
Maine - Maine Lobstermen
Mississippi - Mississippi Blues Men
Montana - Billings Rams (relocated from LA)
Nebraska - Omaha Jets (relocated from New Jersey)
New Hampshire - New Hampshire Miners
New Mexico - Los Alamos Atoms
North Dakota - Fargo Oilers (relocated from Houston)
Oklahoma - Oklahoma City Tornadoes
Oregon - Portland Shoplifters
Rhode Island - Rhode Island Clammers
South Carolina - Charleston Buccaneers (relocated from Tampa Bay)
South Dakota - Mount Rushmore Presidents
Utah - Salt Lake City Mormons
Vermont - Vermont Skiers
Virginia - Richmond Dogwood
West Virginia - West Virginia Coal Miners
Wyoming - Yellowstone Geyers

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Except the criteria was states with single teams stay

The bills are the only team in New York New Jersey has two

Hence Bill stay and New Jersey gets split

Yeah. Except they are both called NY teams not NJ teams. And there isn’t a single chance that there wouldn’t be a team in NYC 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Except they are both called NY teams not NJ teams. And there isn’t a single chance that there wouldn’t be a team in NYC 

So you would kick the Bills out of state to move one of the NJ teams into NYC? 

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

So you would kick the Bills out of state to move one of the NJ teams into NYC? 

I would not. And I understand that’s the point of the thread. It’s in my hands and what would I DO. Of course I would keep the Bills here. I’m just playing devils advocate here. Stating what I thought would be the pretty obvious answer that there’s no chance in hell that the nfl would allow there to not be a team in the NYC area. Calling them a NY team. In that case, I’d imagine the Jets get NJ. The Giants get NY. And Buffalo ends up in like Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Delaware. 

4 hours ago, boyst said:

What about just moving the Lions to the UP and the Wolverines to lake Michigan?

Lions would stay in Detroit.  Wolverines are a college team. 

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Idaho or Wyoming that has 500,000 people, or maybe London, Berlin, Bonn, and Madrid who so far in Germany there were 3,000,000 tickets requested within 24 hrs.  

They arent  placing teams in Midwest states over bajillions of dollars in europe.  Not happening.  New CBA, means new International division, and my guess is it’s already in the works.  Hawaii sounds interesting, but it’s as far from the east coast to europe.  Alabama is a college state.  I was with my rep a few years ago and he must’ve said Roll Tide 33 times in one day.  They don’t care about the NFL.

This is for fun, not to be taken seriously.  Did you read the thread title? 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

I would not. And I understand that’s the point of the thread. It’s in my hands and what would I DO. Of course I would keep the Bills here. I’m just playing devils advocate here. Stating what I thought would be the pretty obvious answer that there’s no chance in hell that the nfl would allow there to not be a team in the NYC area. Calling them a NY team. In that case, I’d imagine the Jets get NJ. The Giants get NY. And Buffalo ends up in like Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Delaware. 

Buffalo gets NY. NY Giants becomes Connecticut Giants still in NYC area and NY Jets move to either to Delaware or Rhode Island.  

No sense moving teams across country assuming US passes law preventing NFL League exception if there is more than one team per state.

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

First criteria was states with just one team, retain that one team.  So Buffalo stays where they are.  NYC will still get their NJ team, plus one in CT and RI.  PA too if you keep the Eagles where they are. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Buffalo gets NY. NY Giants becomes Connecticut Giants still in NYC area and NY Jets move to either to Delaware or Rhode Island.  

NJ would keep one of their two teams. 

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Assuming Eagles would move to NJ since Eagles or Steelers need to move.  Least impact.

Nope, states with multiple teams will retain one of those teams, and the other(s) would move.  Criteria #2. States with multiple teams, will need to relocate teams to a state with no team, to get them down to one team remaining. So in PA either the Steelers or Eagles will stay. 

Edited by Just Jack

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Wolverines need to be converted to ladies softball. 

Michigan deserves nothing. Move Detroit to the UP

There would be no way to make football economically sustainable in some of these states.

For example in Wyoming, you have a state with less people that Erie, or Monroe county spread out over an area nearly twice the size of the state of New York, there is no way that they fill a stadium of 60,000-80,000 every week.   Expansion to 50 teams would water down the competition level to a point where there would be a level if difference between the top and bottom tier of QB, Oline, and defense where any given sunday is no longer possible.

The only way that this is feasible is having 32 NFL teams with one Farm team in an NFL Europe type spring league.   64 Teams could cover the 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, A few cities in Mexico and the Canadian Provinces.  With one farm team for each NFL team

Example  Seahawks-Washington   Seahawks Farm Team Idaho

Saints   Louisiana             Saints farm team- MIssissippi

Edit from later in the day-Look at how Devito played on the Giants today and imagine that on a few teams each weeks.  That is what you would get with 50 teams.

Edited by dgrochester55

20 hours ago, mrags said:

Do I have to be the terrible person here in thinking that the Bills would not be the team to stay in NY? I firmly believe the Jets would end up being New Jersey and the Giants would end up being NY. They’d probably ship the Bills off to Alaska or something 

You're a realist.

They only signed a 10-year lease. And T-Pegs is 72 years old.

21 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Scenario:  The NFL has decided they want one team in every state, and for some odd reason, decided you're the one to decide where they go.  Here's the criteria...

1) States that already have one team, will stay where they are.  Names could change to better reflect the state/city that they play in, example, New England Patriots could go back to using Boston Patriots.  Carolina Panthers will become North Carolina Panthers or Charlotte Panthers. 

2) States with multiple teams, will need to relocate teams to a state with no team, to get them down to one team remaining.  So, Florida with the Bucs, Jags, and Dolphins, two of those three teams will need to move. Teams that are moved, can keep their identity, like if you moved the Dolphins to Hawaii, they could stay as the Hawaiin Dolphins, or you could change their identity if you want. 

3) New teams will be named after the city/location they will play in or state name. So, a team in Idaho could be named either the Idaho Spuds or Boise Spuds.

4) No need to worry about divisions/conferences, that will all be figured out later. 

Here are your lists.

Illinois - Chicago Bears
Massachusetts - New England Patriots (need to be renamed)
Michigan - Detroit Lions
New York - Buffalo Bills
North Carolina - Caroliina Panthers (need to be renamed)

States with teams that must relocate one or more teams.
California - Los Angelese Chargers, Los Angelese Rams, San Fransico 49ers 
Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins
Maryland - Baltimore Ravens, Washington Commanders
New Jersey - Giants, Jets (remaining team location must be renamed to reflect state or city)
Ohio - Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns
Pennsylvania - Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburg Steelers
Texas - Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans

States with no teams currently

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Montana
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wyoming

So how would you do it?  What teams would you relocate? What new teams would you come up with?  

I think all of the states that have multiple teams should only have 1 per state, and seeing that the Bills are the only team actually located in NY they should be the team to stay & the G men & Jets be relocated one could stay in Jersey & be called the New Jersey Giants or Jets but the other would have to leave .

That would give 32 states teams & that would only leave 20 states to fill but there would be so many teams they would have to play games constantly to get them all in so i'm not at all interested in this scenario . 

But thanks any way .

21 hours ago, mrags said:

Do I have to be the terrible person here in thinking that the Bills would not be the team to stay in NY? I firmly believe the Jets would end up being New Jersey and the Giants would end up being NY. They’d probably ship the Bills off to Alaska or something 

Jets stay in Jersey and the Giants go to Connecticut where they have lots of fans and are still close to NY. They could build a stadium in Stamford- it is right there. 

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Jack I’m just kidding with you as well.  I don’t see us having the Jackson Hole Jaguars anytime soon.  🤣👌👍🏈🦬

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.