Buccaneers at Bills 2017

Buffalo03

It's Bills game day on a short week after a dreadful loss to the lowly Patriots but I am continuing on with posting old games against upcoming opponents where we are playing them the coming week, I am going with the Buccaneers at Bills from 2017. The Buccaneers have only played in Buffalo twice in their history which is crazy to me. The Bills have won both matchups. The first time was in 2009, the TO year. I was at that game. I remember TO catching his first TD as a Bill while being there. I decided not to go with the Leftwich lead Buccaneers against the Edwards lead Bills and a Dick Jauron coached team for this week. I will save that for next time. The 2nd game here against them in 2017 was the better game. Tyrod lead the Bills and Winston Lead the Buccaneers in a game that came down to the wire. It was McDermott's first year and it was also in the year we broke the drought which makes it more appealing. My biggest memory of the game was a rookie Tre'Davious White forcing a fumble in the final minutes which lead to the game winning field goal by Haushka. I found the 8 minute condensed game highlights online since the full game wasn't available. Feel free to post any memories you have about this game. And let's hope this is the week we right the ship. Enjoy and as always.....Go Bills

Edited by Buffalo03

2017 game I was full Bills fear bunker at the end because if they won they were 4-2 with the Raiders who were not great at home and a real chance to at least make the playoffs given what their schedule. So I was borderline ready to throw things when they blew a lead they had all game and I almost jumped through the ceiling when Tre forced the fumble. What is not talked about enough is the end of the game the Bucs had an insanely long lateral that failed, but it injured Poyers knee on the final play and EJ Gaines also tweaked his hamstring also.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember the 09 game more and in 13 I flew to FL to go to Bills at Bucs. That was cool except the Bills got destroyed and i had to sit in 92 degree weather to the biggest draft bust in Bills history throw rainbows to nobody in particular all day. It was a really cool stadium and the atmosphere was cool. A ton of Bills fans to watch a horrible Bills team thanks to EJ

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow is that true? Only played here twice?? Guess that is a freak of how they used to schedule pre getting to 32 teams, right? 

Yep only 2 times. They have only played each other 12 times and the first 8 were all in Tampa. Kind of weird

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was in a blackout homer phase and after this game, I thought Edwards was going to be Joe Montana.

it’s crazy how much happier we were then than now haha. Expectations are a wild thing 

This wasn't the Edwards game. That was the 2009 game

48 minutes ago, corta765 said:

2017 game I was full Bills fear bunker at the end because if they won they were 4-2 with the Raiders who were not great at home and a real chance to at least make the playoffs given what their schedule. So I was borderline ready to throw things when they blew a lead they had all game and I almost jumped through the ceiling when Tre forced the fumble. What is not talked about enough is the end of the game the Bucs had an insanely long lateral that failed, but it injured Poyers knee on the final play and EJ Gaines also tweaked his hamstring also.

I also remember the Tre White forced fumble. I screamed in excitement at my TV as well lol

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I remember the 09 game more and in 13 I flew to FL to go to Bills at Bucs. That was cool except the Bills got destroyed and i had to sit in 92 degree weather to the biggest draft bust in Bills history throw rainbows to nobody in particular all day. It was a really cool stadium and the atmosphere was cool. A ton of Bills fans to watch a horrible Bills team thanks to EJ

don't forget the legend of Mike Glennon took us down that day

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

don't forget the legend of Mike Glennon took us down that day

Oh I remember lol it was a wild set up with like almost no pre game rules for where you could go. We got in so early it was beautiful. It was mid December and somehow 90 degrees. The stadium was like 65% Bills fans and it was just over immediately. You could have given us 9 quarters and EJ wasn’t going to get us in the end zone. They have that platform like 2nd level where you can just stand. I stood there for the entire second half and could see like an all 22 of what EJ saw…it was just a deer in the headlights “Guy doesn’t have it” moment.

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Oh I remember lol it was a wild set up with like almost no pre game rules for where you could go. We got in so early it was beautiful. It was mid December and somehow 90 degrees. The stadium was like 65% Bills fans and it was just over immediately. You could have given us 9 quarters and EJ wasn’t going to get us in the end zone. They have that platform like 2nd level where you can just stand. I stood there for the entire second half and could see like an all 22 of what EJ saw…it was just a deer in the headlights “Guy doesn’t have it” moment.

I had a similar "Guy doesn't have it" moment.  Texans versus the Bills , I was at the perfect angle at Reliant in Houston.  EJ backs up, lofts a bill towards then end zone until JJ Watt jumps up, intercepts the ball and proceeds to go untouched 80 yards for a pick 6.  It was like watching a slow moving car wreck live.  Imagine, a defensive tackle getting an 80 yards pick six.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Haha yea I remember listening to the first half from turning stone and it sounded bad. They had just lost to ATL in a game they 1000% should've won and the entire team looked not into that game then.

My buddies went to TB in 21' and said other then the loss it was an awesome time and def worth going back to. I've done Miami twice and it is a great trip.

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I had a similar "Guy doesn't have it" moment.  Texans versus the Bills , I was at the perfect angle at Reliant in Houston.  EJ backs up, lofts a bill towards then end zone until JJ Watt jumps up, intercepts the ball and proceeds to go untouched 80 yards for a pick 6.  It was like watching a slow moving car wreck live.  Imagine, a defensive tackle getting an 80 yards pick six.

Same man. I was pro EJ really hard, but once that pick happened you could see it in his face he knew that was it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/26/2023 at 3:21 PM, corta765 said:

Those two games Buccs and Raiders were the key to that season IMO. We were all similar level teams on paper and it is a stretch that previous Bills teams would have come out of 1-1 and when you got to January you'd look back and say "that's the one that cost us". But they got through 2-0 and it was such a shot in the arm. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.