Mike Johnson, New Speaker of the House.

B-Man

Tiberius’ old confused thread has run it’s course. 

Mike Johnson Elected 

FTA: 

Mike Johnson is House Republicans’ next speaker.

The fourth-term Louisianan sailed to victory with 220 votes, more than the 215 he needed to be elected speaker on the House floor. The final vote on the first ballot was 220-209.

Johnson will lead the chamber as it faces some of the toughest challenges of this Congress, chiefly an impending government funding deadline and escalating war between Israel and Hamas.

Just before the vote, Johnson said that a resolution condemning Hamas and supporting Israel would be the first item acted on during his speakership.

The new speaker has laid out an aggressive schedule to move appropriations bills to Republicans, which includes action this week on a spending bill covering energy and water-related agencies as well as three more spending bills next week. He also pitched canceling next year's August recess if all 12 spending bills are not advanced through the House by then.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2023/10/25/congress/johnson-takes-it-00123512

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

one word, trump.  and a few more...still has the R's by the balls.

Trumps guy was Jim Jordan. 

He got shot down, so Trump jumps in last minute to take credit for the winner. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

In other words, he's a big problem for the Democrats and their media allies precisely because he can't be "demonized" as the "devil incarnate" with any degree of credibility though again, as I mentioned earlier, they will try their best.

There was no credibility before...

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

In other words, he's a big problem for the Democrats and their media allies precisely because he can't be "demonized" as the "devil incarnate" with any degree of credibility though again, as I mentioned earlier, they will try their best.

People are judged by their actions

He tried to overturn an election we have to see what he will do as a speaker

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

Allow me to explain.

There are people like Jim Jordan who appear to actually believe Trump's bs to an extent that the Democrats reasonably believe he's nuts. And that is a person nobody is able to deal with.

There are other people like this Mike Johnson who appear to be humoring Trump and his bs for their own political advantage. That is a person you may be able to deal with.

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Allow me to explain.

There are people like Jim Jordan who appear to actually believe Trump's bs to an extent that the Democrats reasonably believe he's nuts. And that is a person nobody is able to deal with.

There are other people like this Mike Johnson who appear to be humoring Trump and his bs for their own political advantage. That is a person you may be able to deal with.

That’s where I’m at with this

Mike looks to me like someone who will leave the sinking ship of Trump as soon as it beneficial to him

Not a true believer

I could be wrong we’ll see because there are dark days ahead for Trump

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Right now, the msm machine is working to develop and complete the messaging to program the useful idiots on what to think.

watch as the narrative is downloaded to the minions to program their beliefs. It’s ***** amusing as hell. 

I don't have a clue what you're referring to- I'm assuming you are railing against a cable news channel. 

What I will say is that, from my understanding, the newly elected Speaker of the House can be expected to align with pro-trumpian, pro-russian, and anti-democratic causes.  

Congratulations to those whom this suits their pleasure.  

• Agree 1

Seems like as good a place as any to drop this - Charles Bukowski

POLITICS

At L.A. City College just before World War II, I posed as a Nazi. I hardly knew Hitler from Hercules and cared less. It wa just that sitting in class and hearing all the patriots preach how we should go over and do the beast in, I grew bored. I decided to become the opposition. I didn't even bother to read up on Adolf, I simply spouted anything that I felt was evil or maniacal.

However, I really didn't have any political beliefs. It was a way of floating free.

You know, sometimes if a man doesn't believe in what he is doing he can do a much more interesting job because he isn't emotionally caught up in his Cause. It wasn't long before all the tall blond boys had formed The Abraham Lincoln Brigade--to hold off the hordes of facism in Spain. And then had their asses shot off by trained troops. Some of them did it for adventure and a trip to Spain but they still got their asses shot off. I liked my ass. There really wasn't much I liked about myself but I did like my ass and my *****.

I leaped up in class and shouted anything that came to my mind. Usually it had something to do with the Superior Race, which I thought was rather humorous. I didn't lay it directly onto the Blacks and the Jews because I saw that they were as poor and confused as I was. But I did get off some wild speeches in and out of class, and the bottle of wine I kept in my locker helped me along. I was surprised that so many people listened to me and how few, if any, ever questioned my statements. I just ran off at the mouth and was delighted at how entertaining L.A. City College could be.

"Are you going to run for student body president, Chinaski?"

"*****, no."

I didn't want to do anything. I didn't even went to go to gym. In fact, the last thing I wanted to do was to go to gym and sweat and wear a jockstrap and compare *****-lengths. I knew I had a medium-sized *****. I didn't have to take gym to establish that.

We were lucky. The college decided to charge a two dollar enrollment fee. We decided--a few of us decided, anyhow--that that was unconstitutional, so we refused. We struck against it. The college allowed us to attend classes but took away some of our privileges, one of them being gym.

When time arrived for gym class, we stood in civilian clothing. The coach was given orders to march us up and down the field in close formation. That was their revenge. Beautiful. I didn't have to run around the track with my ass sweating or try to throw a demented basketball through a demented hoop.

We marched around and made up dirty songs, and the good American boys on the football team threatened to whip our asses but somehow never got around to it. Probably because we were bigger and meaner. To me, it was wonderful, pretending to be a Nazi, and then turning around and proclaiming that my consitutional rights were being violated.

I did sometimes get emotional. I remember one time in class, after a little too much wine, with a tear in each eye, I said, "I promise you, this will hardly be the last war. As soon as one enemy is eliminated somehow another is found. It's endless and meaningless. There's no such thing as a good war or a bad war."

Another time there was a communist speaking from a platform on a vacant lot south of campus. He was a very earnest boy with rimless glasses, pimples, wearing a black sweater with holes in the elbows. I stood listening and had some of my disciples with me. One of them was a White Russian, Zircoff, his father or his grandfather had been killed by the Reds in the Russian revolution. He showed me a sack of rotten tomatoes. "When you give the word," he told me, "we'll begin throwing them."

It occurred to me suddenly that my disciples hadn't been listening to the speaker, or even if they had been, nothing he had said would matter. Their minds were made up. Most of the world was like that. Having a medium-sized #### suddenly didn't seem the world's worst sin.

"Zircoff," I said, "put the tomatoes away."

"Piss," he said, "I wish they were hand grenades."

I lost control of my disciples that day, and walked away as they started hurling their rotten tomatoes. 

I was informed that a new Vanguard Party was to be formed. I was given an address in Glendale and I went there that night. We sat in the basement of a large home with our wine bottles and our various-sized *****.

There was a platform and desk with a large American flag spread across the back wall. A healthy looking American boy walked out on the platform and suggested that we begin by saluting the flag, pledging allegiance to it.

I always disliked pledging allegiance to the flag. It was so tedious and sillyass. I always felt more like pledging allegiance to myself, but there we were and we stood up and ran through it. Then, afterwards, the little pause, and everybody sitting down feeling as if they had been slightly molested.

The healthy American began talking. I recognized him as a fat boy who sat in the front row of the playwriting class. I never trusted those types. Sucks. Strictly sucks. He began: "The Communist menace must be stopped. We are gathered here to take steps to do so. We will take lawful steps and, perhaps, unlawful steps to do this . . ."

I don't remember much of the rest. I didn't care about the Communist menace of the Nazi menace. I wanted to get drunk, I wanted to *****, I wanted a good meal, I wanted to sing over a glass of beer in a dirty bar and smoke a cigar. I wasn't aware. I was a dupe, a tool.

Afterwards, Zircoff and myself and one ex-disciple went down to Westlake Park and we rented a boat and tried to catch a duck for dinner. We managed to get very drunk and didn't catch a duck and found we didn't have enough money between us to pay the boat rental fee.

We floated around the shallow lake and played Russian Roulette with Zircoff's gun and we all lucked through. Then Zircoff stood up in the moonlight drunk and shot the hell out of the bottom of the boat. The water started coming in and we ran her for shore. A third of the way in the boat sank and we had to get out and get our #######s wet wading to shore. So the night ended up well and hadn't been wasted . . . 

I played Nazi for some time longer, while caring for neither the Nazis nor the Communists nor the Americans. But I was losing interest. In fact, just before Pearl Harbor I gave it up. The fun had gone out of it. I felt the war was going to happen and I didn't feel much like going to war and I didn't feel much like being a conscientious objector either. It was catshit. It was useless. Me and my medium-sized #### were in trouble.

I sat in class without speaking, waiting. The students and the instructors needled me. I had lost my drive, my steam, my mox. I felt that the whole thing was out of my hands. It was going to happen. All the ***** were in trouble.

My English instructor, quite a nice lady with beautiful legs asked me to stay after class one day. "What's the matter, Chinaski?" she asked. "I've given up," I said. "You mean politics?" she asked. "I mean politics," I said. "You'd make a good sailor," she said. I walked out . . . 

I was sitting with my best friend, a marine, in a downtown bar drinking a beer when it happened. A radio was playing music, there was a break in the music. They told us that Pearl Harbor had just been bombed. It was announced that all military personnel should return immediately to their bases. My friend asked that I take the bus with him to San Diego, suggesting that it might turn out to be the last time I ever saw him. He was right. 

... and why is it I'm pretty sure the, 'Let's Go Brandon' contingent will be the most worthless Americans should anything happen?

Oh yeah, because you will be

bitchin' and moanin' and telling us all about how your Tahoe could've made it through that

"I've got to get my daughter off to gymnastics class..."

I just pray the Italians attack first.  

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Tiberius’ old confused thread has run it’s course. 

Mike Johnson Elected 

FTA: 

Mike Johnson is House Republicans’ next speaker.

The fourth-term Louisianan sailed to victory with 220 votes, more than the 215 he needed to be elected speaker on the House floor. The final vote on the first ballot was 220-209.

Johnson will lead the chamber as it faces some of the toughest challenges of this Congress, chiefly an impending government funding deadline and escalating war between Israel and Hamas.

Just before the vote, Johnson said that a resolution condemning Hamas and supporting Israel would be the first item acted on during his speakership.

The new speaker has laid out an aggressive schedule to move appropriations bills to Republicans, which includes action this week on a spending bill covering energy and water-related agencies as well as three more spending bills next week. He also pitched canceling next year's August recess if all 12 spending bills are not advanced through the House by then.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2023/10/25/congress/johnson-takes-it-00123512

Hi- political novice here- would you mind expounding on 'a spending bill covering energy and water-related agencies'.  I love water-related agencies... it sounds like average schlubs are really tackling the important issues that way.  

Can you please tell us how the Republicans are cleaning up our water and air as well- I just love science!

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Right now, the msm machine is working to develop and complete the messaging to program the useful idiots on what to think.

watch as the narrative is downloaded to the minions to program their beliefs. It’s ***** amusing as hell. 

Shh. they are busy parroting the script and calling people insults.

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

Oh don’t worry, they’re digging through his past as we speak to try and find someone who will falsely accuse him of sexual assault 30 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Oh don’t worry, they’re digging through his past as we speak to try and find someone who will falsely accuse him of sexual assault 30 years ago.

Either that or he used improper pronouns in a conversation with someone last week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

In the weeks after the 2020 election, an obscure Republican lawmaker from Louisiana led a congressional effort to overturn the presidential results in four battleground states that had helped secure Joe Biden’s victory over Donald Trump.

Keeping up with politics is easy with The 5-Minute Fix Newsletter, in your inbox weekdays.

The victories were a sham, Mike Johnson argued, because state election officials had changed voting procedures, without first seeking legislative approval, to address the challenges of casting ballots during the coronavirus pandemic.

Johnson recruited 125 House Republicans to join him in signing a U.S. Supreme Court brief saying as much, and on Jan. 6, 2021, an even larger group of lawmakers, including Johnson, voted against certifying the electoral college vote for Biden in two key battlegrounds.

Johnson has never repudiated his part in any of it. On Wednesday, he was elected speaker of the House.

Johnson played one of the most significant roles of any member of Congress in the effort to overturn the election. But unlike some of his more bombastic colleagues, much of it was behind the scenes, through a legal filing, closed-door Republican Party strategy sessions and private conversations with Trump.

Now that Johnson has emerged as the next speaker in a vote that was celebrated Wednesday by Trump’s MAGA movement, his role as a ringleader of efforts to overturn Biden’s victory is generating new scrutiny. It is also prompting fresh attention to how Johnson could use his new job to influence the outcome of the next presidential election, should he still be speaker in January 2025.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/25/speaker-mike-johnson-election-denier/

48 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

lol, the usual DEM mouthpieces are creating narratives so the farm can keep screaming "Insurrectionist"

They took a break from their regular programming to chortle about the lack of a speaker.  Now it's back to business as usual.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

76992737-12671147-image-a-6_169825110056

Well, at least his family isn't sporting high powered semi-automatic weapons. Sad that actually has to be stated. 

Too bad he is against freedom though. 

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Frankly you can take ordinary Christian truths and shove them right up your ass

We live in America where we can except all

(I'm going to assume that you meant "accept")

I am glad to hear you say that

Because accepting all is exactly what "Christian Values" is all about.

Too bad you are so ignorant about that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

doesn't work that way.  sorry, maybe China would be better for you.

They have the same rights as everyone when it comes to faith.  or lack of it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

76992737-12671147-image-a-6_169825110056

Wait I just want to make sure I read this thing right...you are supportively retweeting a dude that's saying he thinks it's fine to be in favor of criminalizing gay sex??? That goes way beyond someone's personal Christian beliefs.

I don't care if he wants to go into his own church and celebrate that he's not gay along with his other Christian friends...but criminalizing it for the country is beyond  insane. 

18 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Wait I just want to make sure I read this thing right...you are supportively retweeting a dude that's saying he thinks it's fine to be in favor of criminalizing gay sex??? That goes way beyond someone's personal Christian beliefs.

I don't care if he wants to go into his own church and celebrate that he's not gay along with his other Christian friends...but criminalizing it for the country is beyond  insane. 

Back then ***** laws were on the books all over the country.

Even folks like Biden and Clinton supported.

but they evolved.  

I have never heard about the house pushing for federal ***** laws.

shoot, this page just censored me using the word "Sod%my"  ^^^^

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Of course, we accept christians that is the definition of all

1c42334e-70d1-4a7c-b26f-1af23d5e0e80-166

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Christians are so funny it’s their way or no way

See. . . . . . . . . 

I don't believe that you are "accepting them"

That makes you a liar John.

Of course it is obvious to any sentient person that you just really don't understand what Christianity is.

Your prejudices have blinded you.

Isaiah 35:5-8 
Then the eyes of the blind will be opened And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.

Just now, B-Man said:

See. . . . . . . . . 

I don't believe that you are "accepting them"

That makes you a liar John.

Of course it is obvious to any sentient person that you just really don't understand what Christianity is.

Your prejudices have blinded you.

Isaiah 35:5-8 
Then the eyes of the blind will be opened And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.

I’ll try to remember that whenever this idiot puts forth legislation to try to ban gay marriage

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I’ll try to remember that whenever this idiot puts forth legislation to try to ban gay marriage

Well, you will have aa looooooooog wait.

Meanwhile ACTUAL Mike Johnson news.