Bills restructured Dawkins contract, create Cap space

Buffalo_Stampede

55 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Well, Dorsey likes to have all his receivers run to the same spot on the field.  Could be fun to watch DHop and Diggs fight for contested catches between one another.

It is the most frustrating thing in his play design. Why would this be beneficial in any way! Like the few times a ball is tipped?! It only helps the D.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Apparently per John Wawrow it was cause the Bills were out of cap space from Knox going to IR?

So the Bills were so cap strapped that they had to hope nobody else, in Week 8, would have to go on IR...otherwise we needed to restructure Dawkins?

Is that what Wawrow is attempting to tell us right now?

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So the Bills were so cap strapped that they had to hope nobody else, in Week 8, would have to go on IR...otherwise we needed to restructure Dawkins?

Not sure...I don't know why it can't be both tho...

Just now, Big Turk said:

Not sure...I don't know why it can't be both tho...

Oh, it can be .. If we needed more operating money, we needed more operating money.  Knox going on IR isn't any different than Trent Sherfield if he had to.  Just a random distinction to make on his part. 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They had a little north of a million dollars in cap before the restructure.  His tweet is not correct.

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

Yeah, I understand that.  The website I saw mentioned he had a base salary of $12M, which generally isn't including the bonuses.  I see now that it is on the site.  Jewell does have a base salary of $4.49M plus roster bonuses by game.  

I wouldn’t use that website anymore. Overthecap and spotrac are best. OTC has the best information. Spotrac’s format is easier to read.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.