Joe Marino says all-22 Review shows Josh deserves a lot of blame for Pats Loss

Thurman#1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's my question - @Big Turk mentioned in another thread that in our last 9 2nd half possessions (going back to the Jags game) we have scored 7 TD, 1 missed FG, and a turnover on downs when Knox dropped the ball against the Pats. So why do we think Allen and the offense as a whole is suddenly putting it all together in the 2nd half of these games? All of a sudden he is just reading the defense better or finding his hot routes?

It seems to me from what I remember is that protection is better and he has more time. They also seem to be running the ball better keeping things more balanced. I know the Giants game it all stemmed from running the ball more.

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because Dorsey sucks at game planning and throws out the entire plan by halftime. 

That's not it. @HoofHearted who I trust more than anyone on here has said we are running the same exact plays in the 2nd half, just executing them better. So I'd like to know why it is taking 2-3 quarters before we start executing over the past 3 games.

I'm guessing this entire thread is people complaining about Josh Allen's play. I don't have it in me to even skim those posts. I just want solutions. I suggested in another thread maybe the best way to get off to a better start is make Kincaid and Cook the primary reads more often earlier in the game. I heard Chris Simms say the other day we should try to become the "best short passing team in the league" as a cure to our offensive woes. I know Allen can execute that kind of offense. We just have to get everybody in rhythm early on. Unless we suddenly trade for a legit starting WR, getting Kincaid and Cook involved early is probably our best avenue. And that starts with the read progressions.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Orlovsky is saying a lot of the same thing...Bills are very inconsistent with being "prepared" for situations when they don't already know what's going to happen.  

The thing that is concerning to me is these are basic concepts of what to do in those situations that we are failing at...like "replace the blitzing player and throw the ball to the voided area" or "read hot if this player is coming".  Too many times the plays are there to be made if basic concepts are followed but instead it causes Allen to hold the ball or try to flush.

Look at the players in those breakdowns and how wide open they are right away and Allen doesn't know where the answer is to those and HE SHOULD by now.  That's a concern. Literally it's a simply see it and throw it to a wide open guy.

Who does that mainly fall on?  Allen? Dorsey?  All of them?  These are simply base concepts they are failing at far too often.

Maybe if Allen watched some film he'd learn concepts that other QBs do in high school.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is the first year since his rookie year where he seems to be baffled by the defense’s presnap adjustments and motions, and where he seems to just drift directly into pressure multiple times per game.

HE IS NOT PUTTING IN THE WORK

He is with his new girlfriend apparently  ...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is the first year since his rookie year where he seems to be baffled by the defense’s presnap adjustments and motions, and where he seems to just drift directly into pressure multiple times per game.

HE IS NOT PUTTING IN THE WORK

I bet I know where he is putting in the work...in the bedroom with his new girlfriend. So much for never being more focused on football in his life...that all went out the window when a new woman entered the picture.

As my High School Biology Teacher used to tell us constantly about the 5Ps: 

"Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"

Edited by Big Turk

Something is going on in Josh’s headspace and I have no idea what it is. 

Granted we get limited tv shots of him on the sidelines so maybe this is just a bad sample but I’ve never seen such poor body language, deer in the headlights stares, and Allen sitting by himself staring into nowhere.

Allen didn’t all of a sudden just forget how to read defenses but he’s done a poor job of it recently. He didn’t forget how to count defensive players to a running play’s side. He didn’t forget how to hit a hot route.

So wtf is going on? IDK. I think he can pull out of it, at least I hope so or this season is over.

Allen isn’t in the top 5 of problems with our team right now but when your franchise QB is in a funk, which he is, it has a much greater impact than say Gabe Davis doing his usual disappearing act.

I think overall Dorsey and Josh aren’t on the same page every game. We’ve had 3 good games where both were solid. Jets game Dorsey called a good one, Josh was out of his mind. The NE game was very similar, not a bad game plan with Josh’s head somewhere else until the second half when I think he stopped over thinking and just started trusting his instincts. Against Jax/Giants I thought the gameplan sucked and Josh was solid. 

This team isn’t having fun anymore and it shows. Stack a few W’s and it gets a lot more fun.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because Dorsey sucks at game planning and throws out the entire plan by halftime. 

I actually think Dorsey has called 4 very good games this year. Jets, Raiders, Miami, and the Patriots.

There have been some execution errors in some of those. Some of that is certainly on KD. Some of that is also on the OL, WR, and QB

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I actually think Dorsey has called 4 very good games this year. Jets, Raiders, Miami, and the Patriots.

There have been some execution errors in some of those. Some of that is certainly on KD. Some of that is also on the OL, WR, and QB

The problem is almost always more execution related than gameplan related.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The problem is almost always more execution related than gameplan related.

There are some plays I don’t like. We often have a million receivers in the same spot. I also tend to think when you have large scale execution issues there’s a coaching error. 

The weird part for me is that this is the same HC, they weren’t as wide spread last year, and Dorsey has been on the staff for 4-5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Everybody can say all they want about whoever played bad blah blah. I still come back to the fact that we had the lead with 2 mins left and the defense let the worst offense in the nfl drive right down the field and score, not a fg, but a touchdown to win the game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wow, I completely missed that. Do you remember when that happened? I want to find it and watch it. That's wild.

Was over the summer. Wanna say it was on McAfee but others will remember better than I.

I actually kinda dismissed it as offseason chatter at the time. But others have raised since and.... welll it makes you wonder...

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.