Joe Marino says all-22 Review shows Josh deserves a lot of blame for Pats Loss

Thurman#1

19 hours ago, Mango said:

One thing I’m a bit nervous about going forward is that Josh has had 3 injuries to his throwing arm in 3 different years. That’s a lot for a guy with only 6 NFL seasons. 

Knocking on wood and saying a prayer but Allen is the QB version of an Iron Man.  He's currently riding the longest streak for a QB not missing a game (86 games regular season & playoffs) and I believe it's twice as long as #2.  So I wouldn't worry about this to much. 

Sure, like every other QB in the league he gets banged up but unlike most other QB's his production while reduced still remains relatively high. Look at how Burrow's production fell when nursing a sore calf.  And Mahomes has had to deal with foot & ankle injuries a few times as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, MikePJ76 said:

Allen has been beaten up in the last 3 games.  I am honestly surprised he is still upright.  A couple of those shots in the last two weeks he has taken were really violent hits where he was completely exposed.

If he makes mistakes I imagine it is because he is not trusting things around him whether that's the line, the receivers, backs, tight ends or the play call..It probably all is leading to hesitation.  I have to think it starts with the shots he has been taking.

With Philly, KC, Dallas and miami on the schedule still if this continues he is going to miss time.  Those teams are big, physical and fast on defense.  

The Bills offense needs to go out and have a great game thursday and then regroup and make teams scared of their ability to score in bunches again.

The shots he's been taking are directly related to him holding the ball way too long which is caused by not processing the defense correctly or fast enough.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The shots he's been taking are directly related to him holding the ball way too long which is caused by not processing the defense correctly or fast enough.

Ok.  Well I vehemently ....VEHEMENTILY disagree.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's your right, but the tape doesn't lie.

A lot of times the people looking at the "Tape" sure do.

9 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Yeah, but he didn't just vehemently disagree, he VEHEMENTILY disagreed, therefore, the tape obviously lie.

That is a quote from the all time great tv show "Chuck"

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So what the explanation?  The defenses the Bills faced in their first 4 games were a lot better then the D's they faced the last 3 games.  Maybe we've been overthinking all of this and the reason for the decline is really this simple:  A significant deterioration in the O line's play; the London effect; and Allen's sore shoulder.

I think the Jags, Giants, and Pats defense are better than people are giving them credit for.  Daboll knows our stuff.  Belichick sees us twice a year. I also think that Josh is in his own head and thinking too much because of the coaches trying to make him Brady. Lastly, I think our O is a bit predictable and that eventually gets picked up on.  Well one last thing... once a weakness is exploited, every defense will follow suit.  The Bills haven't adjusted.

Mostly though, the Bills just need to let Josh be Josh and play football.  He thinks to much and just needs to play.  It also doesn't help that when he does make a play, unless it's to Diggs someone probably screws it up.

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How damaging have Allen's TO's been this season?  Unlike last year Allen is not turning the ball over in the Red Zone and squandering points.  Nor is Allen turning the ball over in the Bills Red Zone giving away points.  Most of his TO's have been around midfield or effectively "punts".

Allen has better then a 2 to 1 TD to TO ratio which is good.  And was Allen responsible for that fumble at the end of the NE game? That counted as a "TO"?  Or what about the INT on what should have been a long completion to Diggs against the Jags?

Bottom line is that by any standards Allen has been a remarkably productive QB this season as well as the previous 3 seasons.  And this is in spite of his supposedly not being able to read defenses, see the field, abandoning the pocket to soon and being inaccurate. 

BTW, I agree that Allen could be even better in these things but he is already wildly productive so "fixing" the offense would more realistically involve other things, like adding play makers & fixing the O line, then squeezing every ounce of elite out of Allen.

Outside of the Jets game, I haven't cared about his turnovers.  The Jets game though they were costly.  It kept points off the board and we didn't need much to win.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.