Dawson Knox - wrist surgery

NewEra

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

If they take Kincaid off the field, other than for a breather, to put Knox back out there in place of him, we may riot.  But we've seen this song and dance before.  The coaches have their favorites and Knox is one of them.  But Kincaid is the superior player in many different ways.  Even his blocking is getting better week in and week out.  But I just fear that once Knox comes back, Kincaid's role will go down to make room.  I hope this isn't the case, but this coaching staff does it all the time.

We took Kincaid off the field for multiple plays when Knox wasn't even out there today, I thought it was weird because he's so damn effective but at the same time we were still marching down the field so it was hard to complain.

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Knox gets way too much hate on here, he's not as good as Kincaid and people have every right to be hyped for the rookie to get more and more reps because of what he brings. But Knox is still a good/decent TE that will be very good as the veteran TE2 behind the more talented TE1 that we drafted with our 1st round pick.

Hes probably an average TE IMO but The problem is?

when he returns, who’s playing time is he going to be eating into?

It won’t be Gabe as he’s the “outside WR2”.

Which leads to Kincaid or Shakir.

And I would much rather have those guys on the majority of the time, than Knox

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We took Kincaid off the field for multiple plays when Knox wasn't even out there today, I thought it was weird because he's so damn effective but at the same time we were still marching down the field so it was hard to complain.

As well you don't want to overtax a rookie as they typically need to adjust to the more grueling NFL schedules compared to college football.  He did look good on several blocks so that's a good sign  too.  If they can't peg him as a receiving only TE he'll be way more effective as he learns and masters the Bills playbook and even forces some additional plays to be designed once his skillset is where they want it.

3 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Really because he's only about 7 spots higher than a 1st round draft pick on his rookie contract.

Of course he isn't specifically in the middle of that list, he's middle of the road of starting TEs and recently got his contract, seriously got it last year falling out of the top ten by next year.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He is paid too much though … with Kincaid here 

Not really Kincaid is on a rookie deal he's cheap and Knox didn't get paid that much because well he's a TE and he didn't reset the market so there's already going to be a bunch of people ahead of him in no time.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Maybe that other TE who didn't catch that TD pass today?

Just now, Warcodered said:

Really because he's only about 7 spots higher than a 1st round draft pick on his rookie contract.

Of course he isn't specifically in the middle of that list, he's middle of the road of starting TEs and recently got his contract, seriously got it last year falling out of the top ten by next year.

Not really Kincaid is on a rookie deal he's cheap and Knox didn't get paid that much because well he's a TE and he didn't reset the market so there's already going to be a bunch of people ahead of him in no time.

Ok but How many snaps did Q morris get though, like 10 max?

Love Kincaid, he and Knox really aren’t interchangeable. Knox will be nice to have back as an in-line blocker who can also slip out and make some catches. Kincaid is on pace for the greatest rookie season ever by a TE. Kid could be special. Loved watching him just playing tonight, down field blocking, mixing it up after plays, he is a competitor with amazing hands. Knox will be good to have back when Bills want to run 12 personnel and keep teams guessing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not really Kincaid is on a rookie deal he's cheap and Knox didn't get paid that much because well 

Just because Kincaid is cheap, doesn’t mean they have to significantly overpay the Number 2…

They need to save some money somewhere  and Knox seems a likely candidate to me …he also has some trade value …won’t happen until after next year though …

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We never seen Stone Hands Knox drop a pass right? 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

We saw some promising play from the offense when both Knox and Kincaid were on the field at the same time early in the season.  I want to see Knox get healthy and Buffalo putting both on the field at the same time again for a while before I decide if it's worth paying both of them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2023 at 12:28 PM, Warcodered said:

How did people not know he was injured he's been on the report all of the last couple of weeks for his wrist, we weren't sure if he was going to play against the Giants.

they show the play Knox broke his wrist on.  Knox is a tough mfer that tried to play through it.  I give Knox mucho respect

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just because Kincaid is cheap, doesn’t mean they have to significantly overpay the Number 2…

They need to save some money somewhere  and Knox seems a likely candidate to me …he also has some trade value …won’t happen until after next year though …

We never seen Stone Hands Knox drop a pass right? 

Knox and Davis are actually Stonemen from Game of Thrones. Explains a lot to me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

If he's good to go he's coming back he's the TE2 in our offense at this point.

Don't pigeon hole Kincaid.  Brady will play Kincaid in the slot, and other clever spots.  Knox and Kincaid will be on the field together most of the time

19 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

It shouldn’t be a problem. Knox is TE2, now and forever. The position has a new starter and it isn’t even close.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ok but How many snaps did Q morris get though, like 10 max?

Against the Jets?  29 (38%)

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Dawson Knox says he is good to go.  Its up to coaches

My guess would be they'll designate him to return, but not activate him quite yet - not while we're down so many CB and S

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.