Dawson Knox - wrist surgery

NewEra

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Wally Pipp and Lou Gehrig didn't know anything about synergy.

Apparently neither do you.  Pipp and Gehrig didn’t play together.  Bills will play 12 personnel- Knox and Kincaid will play plenty together.

Knox will make plenty of big plays for the Bills

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It shouldn’t be a problem. Knox is TE2, now and forever. The position has a new starter and it isn’t even close.

I know but my

point is IF Knox is getting playing time, he’s taking off Shakir or Kincaid (mostly probably Shakir) with the 12 personnel.

And I would rather Shakir on the field more often than not than Knox

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Against the Jets?  29 (38%)

My guess would be they'll designate him to return, but not activate him quite yet - not while we're down so many CB and S

Didn’t know it was that high.

I am guessing a large part of that was because the bills were trying to run out clock the last 20 minutes or so and went more heavy sets.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Apparently neither do you.  Pipp and Gehrig didn’t play together.  Bills will play 12 personnel- Knox and Kincaid will play plenty together.

Knox will make plenty of big plays for the Bills

We will see how much they play together. I'm fully aware Pipp and Gehrig didn't play together. Gehrig took Pipps spot. Just like Kincaid just took Knox's.

13 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I know but my

point is IF Knox is getting playing time, he’s taking off Shakir or Kincaid (mostly probably Shakir) with the 12 personnel.

And I would rather Shakir on the field more often than not than Knox

Didn’t know it was that high.

I am guessing a large part of that was because the bills were trying to run out clock the last 20 minutes or so and went more heavy sets.

Whaddo I know but if you want a heavy set on the Bills right now, bring in a 6th OL

Kincaid has stepped up and really improved as a downfield blocker.  I don't know what Boras is feeding him, but it's working.

But, if you want a traditional heavy set, I don't think either Kincaid or Morris are your guys.  Morris is a converted WR who can bock downfield but has struggled to block in-line.

13 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

We will see how much they play together. I'm fully aware Pipp and Gehrig didn't play together. Gehrig took Pipps spot. Just like Kincaid just took Knox's.

I'm not sure Kincaid is ready to "Wally Pipp" Knox.  Though, he may be closer than I thought he'd be going into the season....but Kincaid can't block in-line or pass protect, Knox can.

• Like (+1) 1

With the bye coming up in two weeks, and the KC I would rather Knox take one more week. 

Don't get me wrong, I want him back. I want to see what an actual creative OC can do with 2 TE who you can motion and put into different alignments either than one on each side. Seriously. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tony Romo was pimping Knox hard during the game on Sunday and mentioning how dangerous he thinks the Bills offense will be when they can get back to 12 personnel as their primary offense when he gets back.

Anybody actually agree with this statement or think Brady goes that route??

Back when the season began I was banging the table for a 12 personnel base. 

From what has been Brady's historic trends though, it's been more 11, 01 or empty set. 

What I think is a potential use for 12 is more that Kincaid has been blossoming into role where he can be a capable effective slot receiver in 11 while still being able to block. I think that an OC with any creative juices can think of ways to roll out 12 personnel, but then have them line up with Kincaid standing in the slot like a WR. Or have him lined up as a HB and then sent where Josh sees a mismatch as an audible. Or blocking for Cook as a FB while Knox mans the traditional TE blocking role. 

The issue is Dorsey to by knowledge was doing none of that.

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tony Romo was pimping Knox hard during the game on Sunday and mentioning how dangerous he thinks the Bills offense will be when they can get back to 12 personnel as their primary offense when he gets back.

Anybody actually agree with this statement or think Brady goes that route??

Brady called more 12 personnel in this past game than we have since Knox went down, so yes, I assume they will both be on the field plenty.

At the very least Knox is a very good red zone weapon and a plus blocker.  It's going to be a help

On 10/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hopefully he’ll get well soon but the offense should be better without him.

well, you really got that wrong, didn't you?!

Crazy, the get rid of Knox talk, as his decline the last  two seasons is the same reason so many have not looked good--but that guy was fired last week.

Knox will be on this team next year and continue his  pre-Dorsey rise once again.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

well, you really got that wrong, didn't you?!

Crazy, the get rid of Knox talk, as his decline the last  two seasons is the same reason so many have not looked good--but that guy was fired last week.

Knox will be on this team next year and continue his  pre-Dorsey rise once again.

No I didn’t. I don’t even think the Bills know how they will use Knox when he returns.

The right answer is less Gabe Davis but what we’ll get is less Kincaid and Shakir.

6 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

What are you basing this assertion on? Conventional wisdom will say that Knox will take time to be effective. Also, it remains to be seen if his dropsies this year were due to the injury or because of him not concentrating (a problem he had for much of his early career). 

If he doesn't contribute to the offense this year, imo, he will be a trade chip for Beane

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The right answer is less Gabe Davis but what we’ll get is less Kincaid and Shakir.

Again, this remains to be seen. I couldn't see the Jets games but was Davis de-emphasized as a pass catcher ? Which may indicate Brady will prioritize targeting receivers with surer hands - Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir. 

Knox may come back to the team and not find a role for himself. 

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Again, this remains to be seen. I couldn't see the Jets games but was Davis de-emphasized as a pass catcher ? Which may indicate Brady will prioritize targeting receivers with surer hands - Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir. 

Knox may come back to the team and not find a role for himself. 

Targets isn’t the problem moving forward it’s personnel groupings.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens moving forward. 

Someone will have to play less when Knox returns. Davis, Shakir, Kincaid, or Knox.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.