Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

This goes back to them not respecting Allen when he escapes the pocket anymore as a runner.  They basically know he isn't going to take off now so they don't worry about trying to run up to stop him from picking up big yards.  They run back and cover the receivers instead, making those easy throws downfield that were so open last year much tighter windows that now often are incomplete.  

The way they fix it?  Get Allen on a few runs outside the pocket early in games and force those defenders to respect him running in those situations, even if he wants to throw it...they are closing the windows themselves on their passing lanes by not using his legs.

Yeah this.  IT is also on Allen a bit.  I lost count how many times he gets to the top of the drop and starts hitching instead of throwing it.  The play I will point to on this because it was a HUGE ONE.  Top of Drop Knox clearly is going to beat the coverage out of the break.  That ball needed to go then.   Instead Josh Holds and forced to flush (he does this alot this year even with NO pressure) making it now a half field defense, and Boom what was an EASY throw and catch by knox turns into your Hands Questionable TE into a Contested Catch.  

End of the Day you want to get teams out of the shell, BEAT the shell in the seam with Kincaid, until that starts to happen regularly this offense will continue to have Defenses Dictate to them how they are going to play the game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah this.  IT is also on Allen a bit.  I lost count how many times he gets to the top of the drop and starts hitching instead of throwing it.  The play I will point to on this because it was a HUGE ONE.  Top of Drop Knox clearly is going to beat the coverage out of the break.  That ball needed to go then.   Instead Josh Holds and forced to flush (he does this alot this year even with NO pressure) making it now a half field defense, and Boom what was an EASY throw and catch by knox turns into your Hands Questionable TE into a Contested Catch.  

End of the Day you want to get teams out of the shell, BEAT the shell in the seam with Kincaid, until that starts to happen regularly this offense will continue to have Defenses Dictate to them how they are going to play the game.

I think that Josh doesn't trust the scheme. He wants to see the guy actually open before he throws it. Guys like Tua throw to spots all the time and trust their receivers to be in that spot by the time the ball gets there. I was just reading the Josh Allen draft night thread in the archives (thank god I didn't post my thoughts), and some of the concerns are still there a tiny bit. Josh has gotten a lot more accurate but he still tends to hit guys and not spots. He doesn't lead receivers so that they can get YAC. He hits them in the numbers. Maybe they don't run the seam route because that pass requires a QB to throw with touch and lead the receiver?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I think that Josh doesn't trust the scheme. He wants to see the guy actually open before he throws it. Guys like Tua throw to spots all the time and trust their receivers to be in that spot by the time the ball gets there. I was just reading the Josh Allen draft night thread in the archives (thank god I didn't post my thoughts), and some of the concerns are still there a tiny bit. Josh has gotten a lot more accurate but he still tends to hit guys and not spots. He doesn't lead receivers so that they can get YAC. He hits them in the numbers. Maybe they don't run the seam route because that pass requires a QB to throw with touch and lead the receiver?

This is make believe. Josh's anticipation has been excellent this year, it's a big reason why his efficiency is up. Any time we weren't whiffing on blocks and taking penalties yesterday, we walked down the field

3 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’m Going to the game Thursday. Will fans be doom and gloom or is it just a two hills drive thing? 

I think the very hard core fans reside here and are mostly unforgiving.  

Most of the people going, will root hard and treat the game as a fun time, which is what it’s supposed to be. Not doom and gloom.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Success said:

A "Get Righter" if there ever was one..

I simply don't see us losing this game, unless I've entered a parallel universe where nothing that formerly made sense does anymore.

Get a mini-bye, then a chance at the Bengals again. That's a team that is struggling as bad us we are.  We can right this ship in the next few weeks..

Not with you at all here. Sure we can win. But off the short week against a good defense, if we do pull off the victory it seems highly unlikely to be of the "get right" variety. We're looking at another ugly game that is basically a tossup. 

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Not with you at all here. Sure we can win. But off the short week against a good defense, if we do pull off the victory it seems highly unlikely to be of the "get right" variety. We're looking at another ugly game that is basically a tossup. 

This will be a close game. I read the Bucs have the #1 red zone  defense. It will be challenging for the Bills to get TD's unless they get them off of big plays.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

This will be a close game. I read the Bucs have the #1 red zone  defense. It will be challenging for the Bills to get TD's unless they get them off of big plays.

Bucs are coming off two straight losses and just lost to the Falcons at home 16-13. They need this win as badly as the Bills do. Should be some fireworks on Thursday night.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

Fans gotta show up for this one.  This team is having a crisis of confidence right now.  A loud stadium on Thursday will be a boost.

It will be loud one way or another. Another lackluster performance and the boo birds will be out in full force. 

Just now, Success said:

Fans gotta show up for this one.  This team is having a crisis of confidence right now.  A loud stadium on Thursday will be a boost.

I'll be there with my son. I haven't been to a game at Rich/Ralph/New Era/Highmark Stadium since the playoff game against the Houston Oilers 1/1/1989. That's the game before the Bills got Ickey Shuffled all over at Riverfront. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Every Thursday night game is close and poorly played. The goal is do what it takes to pull out a W. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Then my concern would be why Did Josh greenlight Dorsey and the Scheme?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.