Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

Let's hope the offense doesn't take a nap again in the 1st half like they have done previous two weeks. Game starts at 8:15 not 10:15.

They SHOULD win this one but will they who knows. I will give them the benefit of the doubt here even though they don't deserve it.

Sabres 24 Lightning 16

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

Let's hope the offense doesn't take a nap again in the 1st half like they have done previous two weeks. Game starts at 8:15 not 10:15.

They SHOULD win this one but will they who knows. I will give them the benefit of the doubt here even though they don't deserve it.

Sabres 24 Lightning 16

Here's what I like about the short week being now. Doesn't give the staff too long to over think things. Streamline the offense. Maybe go a bit more up tempo. 

We seemed to come out of yesterday pretty healthy at least. Will know more later when McD speaks to the media. But all in all this game is winnable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Sabres 24 Lightning 16

Let Allen play like himself and not some Herbert Clone who never wants to use his legs anymore to pick up chunks.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, Fallser said:

A month ago I thought this was a sure win. Now I’m not so sure… given how we’ve played over three weeks, Tampa Bay might come in here and push us around a little bit. Their defense isn’t too shabby.

And they have some good pass catchers. Maybe they are just dangerous enough for the Bills not to play down to.

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

😂

A month ago who would have thought that the Tampa game would be a huge game for us.  

It will be interesting to see what this coaching staff is made of.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bills simply need to start faster in the 1st half and a lot of this goes away.  

The last 9 "real" possessions in the 2nd half of the last 3 games? 7 TDs, 1 missed FG, 1 turnover on downs after gaining 42 yards and going for it on 4th down in NE territory.  That's high level production.  If anything, the D not giving them more opportunities in the 2nd half and allowing far too many long drives is killing them. If the D gets a stop or 2 in any of those games, the Bills win going away.

Simply need to get this going earlier and stop trying to force Allen to be a Herbert clone.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just took Bucs ML +280, not bad value there.

We've see this offense we know this team... might as well make some money off them.

I'm sure Mike Evans will go nuclear Thursday night too, with Baker dominant.

I can already hear the Boo's after the first 3 and out Thursday night on the first possession.

Edited by Negan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Just took Bucs ML +280, not bad value there.

We've see this offense we know this team... might as well make some money off them.

I sometimes put $100 on the opponent's money line. If someone said to me “Hey, give me $100 and the Bills are guaranteed to win.” Done. And if the Bills lose then my Sunday is pretty much paid for (if I don't attend a game)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Let Allen play like himself and not some Herbert Clone who never wants to use his legs anymore to pick up chunks.

Allen vs the Jets this year is just as much Josh Allen playing like himself as him playing the Dolphins. The “real Josh Allen” spectrum is as wider than anybody else’s in the league. 

Just now, Mango said:

Allen vs the Jets this year is just as much Josh Allen playing like himself as him playing the Dolphins. The “real Josh Allen” spectrum is as wider than anybody else’s in the league. 

But again...on 2 of those long passes, Allen had huge areas of green to pick up first downs in front of him and wouldn't take them instead forcing the ball downfield.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But again...on 2 of those long passes, Allen had huge areas of green to pick up first downs in front of him and wouldn't take them instead forcing the ball downfield.

Right, sometimes bad decisions are part of the Josh Allen ride. Chucking it down field when there are better options, run or pass, has always been apart of Josh’s game. 

Allen ran the ball more in 16 games last year than he did in 17 any other year. Dorsey has been Allen’s coach since the 2019 season. He has coached Josh’s run game for basically his entire career. All of those things combined are going to make me very slow to be convinced that Ken Dorsey woke up one day and was like “you know what Josh, do the exact opposite thing we’ve been talking about since 2019”. 

People act like Dorsey hasn’t been influencing Allen’s game his entire career as his QB coach, and he’s just some dude who came off the street and entered Josh’s life out of nowhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.