How is Dorsey doing using his new (and previous) offensive weapons after 6 games?

Mister Defense

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have an idea! Why don’t we scramble up all the words and use them in a different order to start a NEW Dorsey thread!   

I’m not thrilled with the ups and downs either, but if we put up 70 today can we take a week off from the repetitive bashing threads? 

No matter what happens,  someone will complain. I can hear it now. Should have scored on that last play instead of a kneeldown. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Against the Giants the Bills were 19 pass attempts to 9 runs in the first half. And at one point in the first half they were 14 pass attempts to only 3 runs. 

To Dorsey's credit, in the second half the Bills were 18 rush attempts with the running backs and 2 Josh Allen scrambles to only 12 pass attempts. The Bills only had three possessions in the second half. They scored TD's on the first two. And the final possession was one I would say the Bills were not running their normal offense given the game and clock situation. 

Dorsey 100% adjusted in the second half and all the running backs including Cook were picking up meaningful and tough yardage. Murray was also seeing a lot of first down carries in this game. Dorsey basically was calling exactly the kind of ground game the OP asks for and Cook was getting good yards that were not in garbage time like the OP suggests. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Soup for lunch and dinner.  Pudding for desert.  Did the home figure you have a spare set?

IDK, but I don’t. I’ll let my nieces go by later and see if they can make sense of things. 

Right now, it’s game day and I’d like to be able to focus on that. Ugh…..

36 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Maybe Dorsey should lean more on their strengths and RUN THE BALL a little more. Brown, coming out of college was known to be a mauler with a nasty streak. 

He'd probably do the same for Dawson Knox

To be brutally honest I am sick of all the talk. I dont want to hear Allen say one more time "Its on me" or "I played like S#@!".  No more talk, just fix it!  I don't know wth this kids issue is, but it needs to get fixed in short order. I am sick of the completely lost / mental breakdown / stoned look on the side line when he craps the bed.  Nut up, get in your players faces, and I don't give a damn if they hate you for it. If they are men, they will respect you for it. EVERY great QB in NFL history including the very quiet Joe Montana has gotten in players Butts.  

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

To be brutally honest I am sick of all the talk. I dont want to hear Allen say one more time "Its on me" or "I played like S#@!".  No more talk, just fix it!  I don't know wth this kids issue is, but it needs to get fixed in short order. I am sick of the completely lost / mental breakdown / stoned look on the side line when he craps the bed.  Nut up, get in your players faces, and I don't give a damn if they hate you for it. If they are men, they will respect you for it. EVERY great QB in NFL history including the very quiet Joe Montana has gotten in players Butts.  

How do you know he doesn’t? Why do you need to see a spectacle on the sidelines? I don’t think Josh had any problem with getting respect from the players. This whole “gotta scream at your teammates on the sidelines” thing is old, boring, tired, played out

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

maybe this is where the.... "we're just one big happy family'   works against them

47 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

How do you know he doesn’t? Why do you need to see a spectacle on the sidelines? I don’t think Josh had any problem with getting respect from the players. This whole “gotta scream at your teammates on the sidelines” thing is old, boring, tired, played out

No it actually works. Maybe he should try it 

3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

These were the weapons the Bills and media and fans were excited about, players that would likely help the Bills to take the next steps this year and return to legitimate Super Bowl contenders again this year:

Trent Sherfield:  5 receptions, 39 yards, 0 TDs

Deonte Harty:   12 receptions, 103 yards, 1 TD

Dalton Kincaid:  17 receptions, 118 yards, 0TDs, 6.8 Yards a carry

Damien Harris: 116 yards on 24 attempts, 1 TD and O pass reception

Latavius Murray:  128 yards in 31 attempts, 2 TDs and 6 receptions for 40 yards

How about the young players who should be hitting their stride this year?:

Dawson Knox: 14 receptions, 92 yards, 6.6 ypc, and  1 TD

Kalil Shakir, 4 receptions, 40 yards, 1 TD

James Cook as a receiver, 14 receptions, 140 yards

Add in the new offensive guards, Torrence and McGovern, much improved over last year's, creating a much better offensive line, facilitating getting the ball to their offensive weapons.  I had confidence, that if Dorsey woke up and improved, this would be an excellent offense, capable of consistently beating high caliber teams.

The buck stops with Dorsey, the offensive coordinator who gets the offense ready to play each week, creates the plays, calls the plays, and likely had a hand in choosing these  players. How much salary does this add up to this year?

Like his formations,  diversity in both run and pass plays, and play calling, his use of personnel shows an extremely one dimensional, lazy approach to offense, lacking diversity in all aspects of offense.  He is undermining this offense in dramatic ways. Josh Allen is too often forced into untenable positions, where he has to put it all on his shoulders. With an average quarterback this offense would be one of the worst in the league under Dorsey.

Unless Dorsey changes his approach very soon, this year's Bills team will just be an after thought, like they became last year.  All of this talent, and maybe the best quarterback to ever play the game, will add up to nothing because of this incompetence.  IF it is allowed to continue. 

I don’t like posts like these which heaps the blame all on one person. Josh Allen is to blame as well for missing open receivers. Receivers are to blame for dropping passes which would elevate their numbers, the line is to blame at times for giving up pressures. It’s not all on Dorsey, but your post reads as if he’s the sole reason why other additions haven’t played up to expectations.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Wow. Seriously bad take. You have absolutely no idea what has been said or even what the issues on offense are. These guys have meetings, watch film and you can bet, they also have a plan going forward.  Do you realize you sound like a spoiled kid here? We've seen amazing production the last few years and now that there have been a couple of mediocre games at worst, this is your take?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I just genuinely don’t get this from watching any of the all22 and it’s gotten to the point where I feel like I’m taking crazy pills 😂. Maybe it’s me though but idk….I’m trying to be unbiased but maybe there’s some super deep rooted subliminal ‘I want the team to be good’ haha 

the giants did an excellent job disguising coverages without busting any of them but there were plenty of counters to what they were doing drawn up on just about every pass play.  There weren’t many plays where Dorsey had no answers 

As I heard from a talking head this week, the offense’s struggles have a lot to do with Allen, but he’s not going anywhere, so it’s easier to put the blame on the coordinator. You can move on from him. You can’t move on from Allen. Josh needs to play better and he owns that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I just genuinely don’t get this from watching any of the all22 and it’s gotten to the point where I feel like I’m taking crazy pills 😂. Maybe it’s me though but idk….I’m trying to be unbiased but maybe there’s some super deep rooted subliminal ‘I want the team to be good’ haha 

the giants did an excellent job disguising coverages without busting any of them but there were plenty of counters to what they were doing drawn up on just about every pass play.  There weren’t many plays where Dorsey had no answers 

14 pts versus a 1-5 team doesn't suggest successful counters. I see a offense that is structured for continual 3rd and longs. 

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

As I heard from a talking head this week, the offense’s struggles have a lot to do with Allen, but he’s not going anywhere, so it’s easier to put the blame on the coordinator. You can move on from him. You can’t move on from Allen. Josh needs to play better and he owns that. 

Talking Heads perpetuate their own uninformed narratives. Even when the facts contradict what they say. Josh is not the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

14 pts versus a 1-5 team doesn't suggest successful counters. I see a offense that is structured for continual 3rd and longs. 

in terms of adjustments, it was probably Dorsey‘s best game yet. Bills came out in the second half with an emphasis on running the ball and it led to touchdowns on there 2 possessions that ate up over half the time of possession in the second half. 

but of course, OP doesn’t consider any of James Cook’s rushing yards to be of any significance. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Wow. Seriously bad take. You have absolutely no idea what has been said or even what the issues on offense are. These guys have meetings, watch film and you can bet, they also have a plan going forward.  Do you realize you sound like a spoiled kid here? We've seen amazing production the last few years and now that there have been a couple of mediocre games at worst, this is your take?

Amazing production is a superbowl win. Many fans are just happy to be somewhat relevant,amd no I'm not.  Been there, done that.

• Like (+1) 1

I keep seeing in these threads that Allen is or might be the best quarterback to ever play the game. How did that become a thing?? 🤭 

JA17 is so far away from even getting in the top 20 of all time conversation. I remember this talk of Mahomes after his first Super Bowl. How insane. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.