Diggs 16 targets?!

BillMafia716ix

This is no different than the way Stafford targets Kupp or Rodgers targeted Adams in Green Bay. I don't think the problems with the offense are related to feeding Diggs.

Now, do I have both Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs in a half-PPR dynasty fantasy football league? That's actually none of your business, why would you ask that question.

Edited by Punch

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean, yes, but since Diggs got to Buffalo the Bills are 6-1 against New England (including the playoffs). 

He’s caught 43 of 63 targets for 629 yards and 6 TDs. Roughly 6 catches for 90 yards and a TD per game? 

I hope this continues.  

36 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Named?  

Odell Beckham 

Deandre Hopkins

Jacobi Myers

Adam Theilen

DJ Chark

JuJu Smith Schuster

Allen Lazard

Plenty of guys out there. Instead we got a guy that hasn’t accomplished as much as Isaiah McKenzie who we all thought was garbage. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wouldn’t have a problem with the 1 yard outs to Diggs if he wasn’t well covered, but what’s a gain of 1 going to do when you had actual time in the pocket, meaning no defender broke through, and the other routes aren’t allowed to develop? Everyone’s asking what’s wrong with the offense and to me it looks clear. Dorsey lacks ingenuity and Allen is too centered on Diggs to truly carve up a defense.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Hines was traded for midseason; it takes time to get in sync with Josh (never other way around).

Absolutely.  Bele-CHEAT always tries to take away the best weapon.

Dorsey needs to plan for this and adjust plan including more hitting of DBs on line like in Mijami game.

We know this. That’s why my point was a trade won’t work.

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Totally agree. Only way I’d be ok with this is if we were throwing to Diggs like 15-20 yards downfield when he’s clearly open. But just forcing 2 yard outs to him constantly are worthless. It’s volume for volumes sake. 

it’s also on josh to spread the ball around. Not sure how Diggs was gettin double teamed a lot and no one else was coming open. 

Your the first post I've seen mention that.  I was wondering whether anyone was going to notice much less mention it.  

Again, this is attributable to coaching.

You take Diggs, then have him run routes that most of your other WRs are fully capable of running, and with better results of Diggs took some defenders downfield first.  

Another mind-boggling thing related to Dorsey.  

Edited by PBF81

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its like Josh said in his post game, Diggs is the 1st read in most progressions, if he is open, which he is most of the time, he is going to throw it.

The Bills have a serious offensive weapon problem.  Until someone steps up and shows they can hold onto the damn ball then Diggs is going to get the targets.

I really don't want to be that guy but when I watch the Eagles, 49ers, and Dolphins I can't believe the amount of talent they have on offense compared to the Bills.

Teams know he is the first read. Dorsey should use his imagination and design a play that someone else is the first read. Shock the world!

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Diggs deserves it, he’s the only reliable pass catcher on the team.

AND he’s not an excuse maker. 

I wish we had a team full of Diggs’ 

And House Ballards, and Thurman Thomases, and Bruce Smith's, etc. 

Maybe then we could win a championship.  

😉

😏

2 hours ago, mrags said:

This. Thank you. 

goes back to this off-season and people thinking Harty and Sherfield were going to do anything. They both suck. Could have saved that money and put it towards a reasonable WR in FA. 

Davis gets paid less than both.  LOL 

Sherfield's never done anything, not sure why anyone expected him to here.  

At the beginning of the third quarter (first TD drive), Tirico mentioned that Diggs had been targeted six times. Not sure if he was right as it felt more than that but, if so, it means he was targetted ten times in three series in the second half. Is that really that bad?

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Odell Beckham 

Deandre Hopkins

Jacobi Myers

Adam Theilen

DJ Chark

JuJu Smith Schuster

Allen Lazard

Plenty of guys out there. Instead we got a guy that hasn’t accomplished as much as Isaiah McKenzie who we all thought was garbage. 

How are the first two $14M guys doing for Pete’s sake?  

Your bottom four are no better than Davis at all.

The one in the middle whose name you can’t spell is really the only case to be remotely made.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Punch said:

This is no different than the way Stafford targets Kupp or Rodgers targeted Adams in Green Bay. I don't think the problems with the offense are related to feeding Diggs.

Now, do I have both Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs in a half-PPR dynasty fantasy football league? That's actually none of your business, why would you ask that question.

Rodgers and Stanford have struggled to win championships with this style of decision making.

Some of the blame is on pass catcher and coaches. Absolutely. 

Between these two really talented QB’s who have nearly 40 years of NFL football and only 2 SB’s.

We need better pass catchers. We also need better coaching. But only throwing the ball to one guy doesn’t set your team up for success either. 

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

At the beginning of the third quarter (first TD drive), Tirico mentioned that Diggs had been targeted six times. Not sure if he was right as it felt more than that but, if so, it means he was targetted ten times in three series in the second half. Is that really that bad?

That might have been catches?

I believe Diggs was targeted 12 or 13 times in the first half. And only had 3-4 targets the second half. He ended the day 10/16.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How are the first two $14M guys doing for Pete’s sake?  

Your bottom four are no better than Davis at all.

The one in the middle whose name you can’t spell is really the only case to be remotely made.

Lol

Thielen not better than Davis just means you don't watch NFL outside Bills games

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Rodgers and Stanford have struggled to win championships with this style of decision making.

Some of the blame is on pass catcher and coaches. Absolutely. 

Between these two really talented QB’s who have nearly 40 years of NFL football and only 2 SB’s.

We need better pass catchers. We also need better coaching. But only throwing the ball to one guy doesn’t set your team up for success either. 

That might have been catches?

I believe Diggs was targeted 12 or 13 times in the first half. And only had 3-4 targets the second half. He ended the day 10/16.

Pretty sure Tirico said 'targeted' but catches makes more sense.

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Kincaid didn’t play and has been getting 4-5 targets per game. Diggs basically just took those.

Not sure why Knox couldn’t take those though…

Perhaps Josh wanted to throw to guys who would catch the ball. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.