Diggs 16 targets?!

BillMafia716ix

Should we have just drafted Tank Dell or Josh Downs?   To get that slot guy for Josh. 

I’m sure Kincaid is going to be good - but I’m not sure the 2 TE set is good for Josh Allen and what we’ve built before Dorsey wanted to change the scheme.  That’s my current issue.  

I like the idea - but why?  The Chiefs can do it because they have Kelce.  

Knox isn’t scaring anyone. 

Kincaid is a rookie TE - those always struggle.  

So 2 of the weapons on the field Knox and Kincaid and the 3rd is sometimes Murray -

That leaves Davis and Diggs.  Opposing defenses are not trembling over this.  They can cover Knox and Kincaid - who will do rookie things and sometimes do good things.    

Sorry but this team needs to get shorter weapon asap.   Its starting to make sense why we are struggling to find consistency and an identity.  Round holes square pegs.  And one of those might be Dorsey. 

Edited by Big Blitz

15 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Watch this coming Sunday.  Belicheat is going to take Diggs away; he does this every game, takes away the opponent's strength.  will Dorsey adjust?  Will Josh?  I hope so but I have my doubts.

In 6 regular season games against the Pats, Diggs has averaged 95 yards and 1 TD per game. If Diggs played the Pats every game over an entire season he would have 1,600 yards and 17 TDs.

I hope we don't adjust. Funnel the ball to the #1 man.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

In 6 regular season games against the Pats, Diggs has averaged 95 yards and 1 TD per game. If Diggs played the Pats every game over an entire season he would have 1,600 yards and 17 TDs.

I hope we don't adjust. Funnel the ball to the #1 man.

Depends how much Bill sells out to cover Diggs. If he’s doubled often, someone else has to make plays

hopefully they decide to full out tank and leave him in man with no safety help ahahah. He could have a massive 12 for 200, 3 TD type performance

Edited by Warriorspikes51

22 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Anybody have an issue with the amount of targets Diggs gets? I love Diggs. I love his passion. Dude is straight up baller but sometimes I feel Josh goes too him way to much that it compromises the offense and limits what other guys can bring to the table. 

We signed Sherfield, Harty and drafted guys like Shakir and Kincaid. And i don’t think those guys have been given many opportunities to make plays. Could it be a scheme issue? Possibly. but i really would like to see Josh spread the ball around and see what these others guys can bring to the table. Because right now…Diggs is only guy Josh has any confidence in. 

Wrong. Allen said post game that Diggs is the primary target on many pass play designs in the offense -as expected for a League leading WR. So he looks 1st at Diggs. If he’s open quickly, he throws to him quickly.

This isn’t rocket science. Every High School team does this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.