Worst "win" I've ever seen

Herb

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I really don’t know if I’m taking crazy pills or something but it seems as simple as…pass blocking bad offense bad.  Pass blocking good offense good to me for years now lol 

if we hold up up front we destroy teams typically.  Idk if people don’t want to believe this or they want to blame the qb/skill position players/ play design or what but the OL was a massive issue last night to the point where who even knows what the play design is?  Everything broke down pretty much instantly.  And you’ve got skill position players in chipping to help the OL out and they’re still getting smoked so that’s limiting the route tree of one/multiple pass catchers just to not quite hold up in pass protection.

people are like ohhh Ben Johnson in Detroit what a genius…one of the best offensive lines.  Oh Andy Reid another genius….perennially one of the best offensive lines. Games where their olines don’t hold up they look just as bad as anyone else. 

Fair

At the same time, you can always adjust to assist yourself, that's hardly a forte of ours, ... attributable to coaching.  

Secondly, did the team seem prepared to play yesterday?  It didn't to me, and many others, which again, would be attributable to coaching.  

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am curious.  What is your "best" loss you can remember?

Best loss of the current Bills run? TB in 2021. That loss led to the Bills winning out and taking the division from rookie phenom Mac Jones. It was the second-half comeback that sparked the run that ended in 13 seconds.

Edited by FrenchConnection
Wrong year

Meh. I really don't know what to tell this "awful win" crowd. There aren't any easy outs in the NFL, a win is a win. 

I know half of youse expected 63-0 but even though they're 1-4 going into that game, the Giants weren't just gonna roll over. Teams in those positions usually always knuckle up to play contenders. They wanna make a statement. They're not just gonna roll over and that DL is legit.

And I don't think it can be understated how much of an effect Daboll had. He knows exactly what makes Josh tick and what throws him off. 

The two drives that ended in turnovers, the offense was moving and in a groove. Giants make a good play to punch the ball out on Gabe, and then later they get the tip drill INT. That's the game sometimes. 

A win is a win. I'm sure they aren't fully satisfied with their performance but I'm not gonna sit here and whine about a victory. 

And let's kinda hear it for McDermott and the defense. Down four major starters and they hold them to nine points. Can't ask for much more. 

Also, the refs really tried to steal the show. Guess we were due for that kinda game. 

My only real gripe is, I wasn't exactly thrilled seeing a shotgun formation on 2nd and goal inside the one. C'mon man. It doesn't have to be that complicated. Ken will give you a head scratcher like that then he'll scheme up and call that great play to Harty for the TD. 

One mo' time, a win is a win. 

22 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Fair

At the same time, you can always adjust to assist yourself, that's hardly a forte of ours, ... attributable to coaching.  

Secondly, did the team seem prepared to play yesterday?  It didn't to me, and many others, which again, would be attributable to coaching.  

I think this is happening because we are adjusting for a bad offensive line though that’s the interesting part…this is a very damned if you do damned if you don’t situation.  You’re giving up the route tree of one/two skill position players to shore up the oline.

We probably could’ve run the ball under center more too I think that’s a valid criticism but that would’ve brought up more third and mediums likely that I’m not sure we would convert.  

I’ve watched the giants play all year being in downstate ny lol and their defense is honestly pretty good and a lot of their strengths are up front.  Theyve got a great DT which always gives us problems.  They’ve probably had the toughest starting schedule in the league and the giants miserable offense has been putting them in absolutely terrible situations.  if their offense played a little better last week they would’ve absolutely been in the game vs Miami who had two huge turnovers.

our defense has gone blameless because they’re fighting an uphill battle due to injuries but they gave up some long drives which kept our offense off the field…we only had 9 total drives.  if you’re gonna miss all your fg attempts 14 points on 9 total drives when your offensive line is getting smoked sounds about right.  If we had the typical 11-12 total drives we probably score 20 

I think at least a portion of this outrage is the result of fans not really understanding the opponent. To me it was just as much about our defense not being able to prevent long drives limiting our offense as our offense limiting our offense.  Some of that was due to unintentionally benching absolute clown Daniel jones for a qb with more mobility and some was saquon returning…hard to say how good/bad this current iteration of the giants offense is though 

Also when we started to get them on the ropes to begin the cycle of gassin out their defense the giants conveniently started a big fight that bought them like 10 minutes to catch their breath I thought that was pretty bush league from Daboll but it was pretty clever lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol at the hit him in the hands crowd.  After he dove, sure.  How about hitting him somewhere in the vicinity of the numbers?  He was wide open.

He also didn’t come up with a crucial catch in OT against NYJ.  Just not a reliable player.

16 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

The two drives that ended in turnovers, the offense was moving and in a groove. Giants make a good play to punch the ball out on Gabe, and then later they get the tip drill INT. That's the game sometimes. 

That was poor ball security by Davis.  Why did he have the ball In his left (inside) arm?

Never apologize for a win.  This is a week to week league.  Was it inspiring- no.  Was it good football- no.  But its a win.  Remember, the undefeated Eagles lost to the Jets.  The PJ (whatever his name is) led Browns beat the 49ers.  Take the win and move on.   Are there issues, yes.  But it's a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Herb said:

Dorsey has clearly been overthinking things to a detrimental point the past two weeks. When you have a generational talent like Josh, you owe it to the fans to be your absolute best every game. The Giants were the biggest underdog all season and it took an uncalled pass interference on the last play of the game to win with a healthy and dominant offense.

overthinking or just plain not very good at coordinating the offense. 

Mike Kafka did a very good job working with with what he had and outright embarrassed KD considering his offensive roster.  

1 minute ago, jethro_tull said:

overthinking or just plain not very good at coordinating the offense. 

Mike Kafka did a very good job working with with what he had and outright embarrassed KD considering his offensive roster.  

Kafka wasn't playing against Dorsey. Martindale was, and he embarrassed Dorsey and Josh. I never think that teams lose by being "outcoached," because the players on the field have to execute. But if the Bills had lost that game, it would have been due to Martindale's game plan which probably had a lot of input from Daboll and his knowledge of the Bills playbook and tendencies. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The TE should have caught it, period. Not a perfect throw but hit him in the hands and a catch NFL players make routinely. 

Right.  And this hit Ozzie in the hands too:

For Pete’s sake Josh blamed himself for that throw.  Try to look at reality on occasion.

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

Whos' feeling better about their team right now, Jets fans or Bills fans?

Hard to compare, we're a fanbase worried about everything coming a part hoping they can hold things together and find an identity as a contender. Jets fans are like a dead man thinking who cares lets see what happens.

Every team wins ugly, i won't apologize for it.

I expected a blowout honestly. 

I hated the way the game played out but I understand the circumstances.

ie> Daboll, some former defensive coaches on NYs staff contributed to the slowing of the offense.

I'm happy today because they won.

Thats the bottom line and the only thing that matters. Bills won!!

10 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Thurman did say the K-Gun consisted of 12 plays. It’s the speed and relentless tempo that wore teams out. Right now it seems we are snapping the ball with seconds to go on the play clock. That’s not uptempo and I think we could use that intermittently to keep defenses gassed. 

It was 12 formations, not 12 plays.  

And I generally agree that they could take a little less time to get plays off--even at the expense of time of possession.

Edited by Offside Number 76

10 hours ago, Herb said:

In my entire history of watching our Bills, this was the most unsatisfying win I can ever remember. I'm 44 years old and have been a lifelong fan. If Bills management aren't 100% behind letting Josh call the plays after these last two weeks, we're in a lot of unnecessary trouble.

What makes you think that would be better?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.