Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

The problem, IMO, is inconsistent offense/play calling.  Dorsey is erratic in his play selections.  Even though they are head scratching the players need to execcute their assignments.  Two games where six out of eight quarters the offense play was below average.  This is a repeat of last season.  McD has to get a handle on this ASAP!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I do think they didn’t get the call because they had their hands on eachother and they just got a 50/50 pi on the previous play 

This was more even. Bernard was all over the guy on the previous play. Totally PI on the previous one.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

It was a disgusting performance from the Bills in a primetime game ... Sean McDermott is a disaster, the Bills offense under his watch is an inconsistent mess ... it's embarrassing to barely beat an already bad and severely injured New York Giants team, to score 14 points.  But "Glory to God," right Sean?

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

Surprised no one has brought up the balance of the work load at RB snaps.

From the opening bell, it was Murray > Cook. Have to wonder if this had something to do with pass pro. 

Surprised he got so much work…12 carries to cooks 14…most of which came in the first half. 

What’s up with that?

P.S. I love Latavius Murray (he’s a freak bulldozer) but that doesn’t mean I want him being a feature back in this offense 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Surprised no one has brought up the balance of the work load at RB snaps.

From the opening bell, it was Murray > Cook. Have to wonder if this had something to do with pass pro. 

Surprised he got so much work…12 carries to cooks 14…most of which came in the first half. 

What’s up with that?

P.S. I love Latavius Murray (he’s a freak bulldozer) but that doesn’t mean I want him being a feature back in this offense 

Body blows. I think they should do more of it. Use Cook's speed and agility after you soften them up a bit.🤔

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree with everything but your first sentence. The running back room is nothing special. Murray is just ok and pretty good as a back up RB. Cook is nothing special. Teams don't have to game plan for him. He's not a game changer and remains inconsistent. Some of that is due to the scheme and lack of putting him in the best situation to succeed. Bottom line is the Bills running game is nothing special or scary for opposing defenses to defend. Allen needs to be included in the conversation but he's not. That's really a big point of contention. Taking away Allen's legs certainly decreased the Bills chances to win. 

Secondly, it's the oline. How good are they? They seem improved from last year but that's not saying much. The jury is out on whether they are good or good enough. Brown is still a liability, Torrence is still young and learning, and the others are decent to good. They have no elite pieces on the line. The last couple of games Allen has been pressured often. Seems like the promising oline start is showing some of its weaknesses. 

In a nutshell, the Bills have Allen and Diggs offensively. Everyone else is just a dime a dozen. Can be interchangeable with numerous other players on other teams. They lack creativity, explosiveness, and consistency. 

On defense, the Bills have no game changers. Von is still a work in progress, Poyer and Hyde aren't the same, the pass rushers are not reliable, inconsistent and hot or cold from game to game. 

This team looks to be in survival mode rather than killer mode. The game tonight is a great example of this. I think this team is in serious jeopardy of losing the division and perhaps even a playoff birth.

The McD and Beane era is on the decline. A decline that many will deny. 

ok chicken little.... it is a long season.... Bills coming back from across the pond... thought the O line played well, Giants played zone all night, Bills need to learn how to beat the zone... still a win is a win... ugly as it was... win and move on.  You read too much into one game.

11 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

ok chicken little.... it is a long season.... Bills coming back from across the pond... thought the O line played well, Giants played zone all night, Bills need to learn how to beat the zone... still a win is a win... ugly as it was... win and move on.  You read too much into one game.

Ok know it all and classless poster. If you say so it must be true. 

Stop with the excuses they are getting old. Exactly what did I say in my post is inaccurate? You failed to address that. Instead you went to insults and condescending language. 

Grow up! 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.