Sunday Night's Game v NYG -- What's on Your Menu?

HIT BY SPIKES

9 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

No sourcing armadillo eggs. I’m gonna smoke them in an old Weber kettle just like I did with cream cheese and stuffed sausage last night. Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself. 🤷‍♂️ 

IMG_1908.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

So not actually eggs from an armadillo?

Disappointing.

I think I am going to throw a Jackalope on the Big Green Egg today for the game.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-march-29-2022-1.6400332/the-majestic-jackalope-and-how-it-became-a-folklore-legend-1.6400337

https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain/viral-internet-frankenstein-rabbit-modern-day-jackalope-6c10622178

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hosting a small party. 

-Crock pot chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce and butter.  Will pry broil them for five minutes after the early games and then back in the slow cooker.

-Meatball Sliders

-Bacon wrapped water chestnuts with chili sauce

-Leftover mac and cheese we had catered for my father in law's funeral reception.  Will pry just add bacon to it as he would've wanted.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Hosting a small party. 

-Crock pot chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce and butter.  Will pry broil them for five minutes after the early games and then back in the slow cooker.

-Meatball Sliders

-Bacon wrapped water chestnuts with chili sauce

-Leftover mac and cheese we had catered for my father in law's funeral reception.  Will pry just add bacon to it as he would've wanted.

bacon wrapped water chestnuts is a classic 1970's hors d'euvre!

I bring Rumacki to parties often, and it is always a hit.  I like to make mine with soy sauce, and sometimes I sneak chicken livers in as well. 

Some social settings, I have had people tell me how delicious the appetizer was, what was in it?  Ive heard a few times, "I can't believe I had a chicken liver, and enjoyed it".

left over mac and cheese?  Mac and cheese goes great with chili!  And mac and cheese pancakes are delicious!

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 2

Found 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs at 50%.

Currently marinating in prep of the BBQ grill in a Calabrese chunky hot pepper sauce aka La Bomba.

Will pick and wash some romaine lettuce and serve the thighs over a Caesar Salad.

it is a GIANT of a meal for tonight’s game.

Hopefully it is followed tomorrow morning with a GIANT toilet splash that does not leave a ring of fire behind.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1

Ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted Brussel sprouts with garlic and onions.

8 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Found 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs at 50%.

Currently marinating in prep of the BBQ grill in a Calabrese chunky hot pepper sauce aka La Bomba.

Will pick and wash some romaine lettuce and serve the thighs over a Caesar Salad.

it is a GIANT of a meal for tonight’s game.

Hopefully it is followed tomorrow morning with a GIANT toilet splash that does not leave a ring of fire behind.

I love la bamba. Great addition to a sandwich 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I actually have a jackalope I bought in South Dakota mounted on the wall 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

Spätzle und Schweinefilet.  Pork roast and spaëtzels.  My 85 year old German neighbour across the street makes this on occasion, as a 'thank you' meal for my setting out her trash and recycling weekly, and being the occasional computer repair tech when some online baddies try to swindle her.  Usually just an unload / reload of her browser.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A buddy is playing hockey across the street from a listed Bills Backers Bar in Clifton Park (Albany-ish).  They eat there after the game all the time and we’re meeting a new GF who is going to watchZ

But their hours say they close at 9. 

I think that can’t be right on game night but my partner is antsy and asked me to check they’d stay open. So I call…

The kitchen and bar will close at 9. I asked them to check with somebody in charge, they have BoW, Blue Light, and Bills logos all over their social media. They told me that since it’s a nationally televised game they won’t stay open. 

How can you expect to draw a crowd if you can’t consistently be counted on to show the game. This has to be the worst Backer Bar in the country, right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

A buddy is playing hockey across the street from a listed Bills Backers Bar in Clifton Park (Albany-ish).  They eat there after the game all the time and we’re meeting a new GF who is going to watchZ

But their hours say they close at 9. 

I think that can’t be right on game night but my partner is antsy and asked me to check they’d stay open. So I call…

The kitchen and bar will close at 9. I asked them to check with somebody in charge, they have BoW, Blue Light, and Bills logos all over their social media. They told me that since it’s a nationally televised game they won’t stay open. 

How can you expect to draw a crowd if you can’t consistently be counted on to show the game. This has to be the worst Backer Bar in the country, right?

How do you call yourself a Bills Backers bar if you don't even show the game? 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Jamaican style oxtails with rice 

The Wife is from the islands and gets pissed off at how good this White Husband of hers can cook Oxtail.

Next game or the next I will make that or Tripe & Beans.

I haven’t been to my fresh oxtail source for 3 weeks now.  They cut the fresh tail in front of me.  I will go tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.