Josh versus Daboll

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The opposition coach that knows Josh and Dorsey and even McDermott better than anyone else in the league is about to come to town. 

We might learn a lot about what Daboll really knows about Josh’s weaknesses and tendencies. 

very interesting sub plot here 

That is very true. I also think that Chad Hall knowing the Bills playbook inside and out probably played a role in yesterday's game. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The opposition coach that knows Josh and Dorsey and even McDermott better than anyone else in the league is about to come to town. 

We might learn a lot about what Daboll really knows about Josh’s weaknesses and tendencies. 

I mean, it works both ways. McDermott obviously may know some of Daboll's tendencies, tips and thought process as well.

It's the classic "I know that you know that I know that you know that I know" situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, it works both ways. McDermott obviously may know some of Daboll's tendencies, tips and thought process as well.

It's the classic "I know that you know that I know that you know that I know" situation.

True…. I think the real advantage is he knows all Josh’s deepest darkest secrets and what rattles him, what fools him, how he makes decisions, etc. will be interesting to see what scheme the giants run 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah, but does Daboll's team have the talent to exploit those weaknesses?

As Rene Descartes said just before he vanished from existence, "I think not."

Edited by WhoTom
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

True…. I think the real advantage is he knows all Josh’s deepest darkest secrets and what rattles him, what fools him, how he makes decisions, etc. will be interesting to see what scheme the giants run 

So is daboll bringing Brittany to the game lol?

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, he knows all that from 2 years ago. Is Josh the same exact product he was then? I don't think so.

I think the bigger hurdle is Martindale is a good DC and will have a good plan in place. However, I don't thing they have the talent that they need to pull it off, much like yesterday for the New Jersey Football Giant Buffalos

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, he knows all that from 2 years ago. Is Josh the same exact product he was then? I don't think so.

I think the bigger hurdle is Martindale is a good DC and will have a good plan in place. However, I don't thing they have the talent that they need to pull it off, much like yesterday for the New Jersey Football Giant Buffalos

could be - I just imagine there is advantage to watching film with a player as they grow and develop and understanding which things cause they mistakes and what they are usually thinking situationally, then playing against them. 

maybe just subconsciously extrapolating a subplot to add intrigue.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If they were riding high I’d be concerned 

But they’re a disaster and their offense is as decimated as our D. 

I think they lost their MLB v Miami. 

2 rookie corners.  

If Thomas doesn’t play this game will be close to a bye.  They are that bad.

This doesn’t mean the team can take them or any team lightly but I can. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

And McDermott knows Daboll’s offense like the back of his hand.

The difference?

The Bills are much more talented than the Giants and are about to lay a thrashing on them.

Wow… 14 point spread - I guess Vegas agrees 

im confident in a win, just curious if we see the defense do something unique or different. 

Yes.....Daboll knows Josh and what he likes and doesn't like.  That will help the Giants.  But we also pretty much have Daboll's entire playbook, so that will help McDermott.  In the end, I am not sure how much of it will matter.  While I expect a closer than desired game for a variety of reasons, I just hope the fact that we have Allen and they don't will be enough to tip the scales in our favor.  We have more talent and, hopefully, that shows and we win the game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

That is very true. I also think that Chad Hall knowing the Bills playbook inside and out probably played a role in yesterday's game. 

I found out today on One Bills Live, that the Jaguars are one of the best teams versus 12 personnel because of their in-the-box safety play.  That's why none of our underneath stuff was working.   Josh started moving the ball more downfield in the second half but it was too little, too late.

Meh, I think the offense the bills are running now is a bit different than with daboll. I actually think the bills have the upper hand here. Also the giants are absolutely awful at the moment. I do think the giants will out up a fight knowing it's daboll's former team 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Daboll's playbook, Page 1:

"I'm a fraud. a bum"

"the end"

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.