As we all hate on Ken Dorsey today let’s remember

Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, starrymessenger said:

I think McD is an outstanding defensive mind and coach, sorta like Bill. I wouldn't want to lose that. What he needs is an OC who can pull his weight and be on his level. He doesn't have that. Dorsey isn't there yet.

This season will tell us where he is or not 

IMO he's overrated in that way.  

How about we remember that most teams—with even a flicker of common sense—would travel to London immediately after the preceding game. Like the Ravens as I write this post Monday morning. This is on McDermott. As well as Milano's injury that doesn't happen if the offense had demonstrated any type of proficiency in the 1st quarter. Maybe the pinheads in the Sports Science department should have made a test trip....or like may google the effects of Jet Lag. Hell, I'm surprised their brains even have enough power to move their mouths.

Just now, PBF81 said:

All we know is that the reasons need to be addressed from the top down.  

If there's been one common theme to our weaknesses on McD's watch, it's been inconsistency, for which preparation is a huge factor.  

That's all but exclusively a coaching issue.  

I agree the coaching has been lacking but all we know of the situation is what we see and what they tell you in these weak press interviews. Hopefully it can change and be figured out but at this point I'm starting to believe McDermott preached for the offense we are seeing Dorsey try and run and it's been a new chapter but same story....inconsistency.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The offense Josh Allen is really good.

Fixed.  I don't think Dorseys offense he designed is really good conceptually, I think its more a function of us having an elite QB and he making any offense we run score points.  

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The Ravens game is the one game, but we wouldn't have even been there without the O.  

In that Chiefs game, spin it as you have, the defense was far worse.  

Skylar Thompson 

The argument wasn't about the O getting us there.  The argument was specifically about the playoff games.

Both units sucked that game.  You can't make the claim the defense lost it when the offense didn't score their first legitimate TD until late in the 4th down 38-14.  The only TD before that was a fumbled punt return at the 3 yard line.  Then it was punt, punt, punt FG, FG, INT on the next 5 drives.  

Skylar Thompson the QB who went 18 for 45?  That's 40% by the way.  Oh and his average yards per pass was 4.9?  QB rating of 44? 2 INT's?

Or was it the running game that the Dolphins gashed us with Jeff Wilson going 10 carries for 23 yards?

How was our defense bad in the Dolphins game?  Were they the reason why the Dolphins got back into the game?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

20 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Again we have no idea if McDermott already told Dorsey if this is how he wants the offense to run. This already may be on McDermott is all I'm saying. And if that's the case the coaching is done and dusted and we may be out of answers. We blame dorsey and say McDermott needs to step in and fix it but this shorter pass game and not letting Josh really run might of been his call.

I, personally, don't want to see Josh run the ball much. I'd like to see them maul other defenses between the tackles with Murray/Harris. 

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fixed.  I don't think Dorseys offense he designed is really good conceptually, I think it’s more a function of us having an elite QB and he making any offense we run score points.  

You’re 100% right. Offense is GOOD because of the QB. 

Point still remains, offense is good.

When our offense struggles we blame the OC. When the offense is good, we credit Josh Allen.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

When our offense struggles we blame the OC. When the offense is good, we credit Josh Allen.

There is plenty of blame on Josh's decision making around here. But yeah, when the offense is running plays that are DOA at the snap, that tends to fall on the OC and not the players.

When we're down 11-0 and need to get something going, and it's 2nd and 1 and we just need to move 3 feet forward to keep the drive alive, and Dorsey dials up a SHOTGUN PITCH to Cook, which starts by pitching the ball backwards 5 yards, and results in a loss of 6 yards, that's on Dorsey. Dumb, dumb playcalling.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I agree the coaching has been lacking but all we know of the situation is what we see and what they tell you in these weak press interviews. Hopefully it can change and be figured out but at this point I'm starting to believe McDermott preached for the offense we are seeing Dorsey try and run and it's been a new chapter but same story....inconsistency.

Agreed, McD hasn't come clean.  Many take issue when I say that, but we do not know and that's because, ... well, McD hasn't come clean.  LOL 

I don't think that the pressers will change, but at the end of the day what I find to be frustrating is the lack of accountability McD gets for the offense on the premise that "he's a defensive-minded coach."  

So TF what.  One way or another, he's entrusted with overseeing the entire team, not simply the D while deflecting any and all criticism for the O off his sleeves.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Agreed, your point remains, the offense is still good.  

But to be fair, Josh has taken plenty of criticism, even more than he often deserves at times.  And in regards to the OC...Great QB's have made a lot of "OC's" look better than they were, its not new and rather common.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How was our defense bad in the Dolphins game?  Were they the reason why the Dolphins got back into the game?

24 offensive points allowed to a rookie 7th-round QB that absolutely no one had as ever being an NFL starting QB, and one that led the Fins on a 75-yard drive in the 4th Quarter to bring the game, which was a wintry home game for us, within a FG.  

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

24 offensive points allowed to a rookie 7th-round QB that absolutely no one had as ever being an NFL starting QB, and one that led the Fins on a 75-yard drive in the 4th Quarter to bring the game, which was a wintry home game for us, within a FG.  

He was killing us all day with his 4.9 yards per pass, two INT's, 40% and his 44 rating.  Not to mention 4 for 16 on 3rd down.  

Their 6 punts and one drive over 40 yards....just one.

You're right.  Our defense was sieve against the high powered offensive attack that the Dolphins were putting on us all day long.

Meanwhile our second half offense....

Fumble TD

Punt

Punt

INT

TD

TD (Resulted from Elam's INT)

Punt

Punt

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.