Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A homeland security official told NBC News that the Department of Homeland Security is monitoring a “heightened threat environment” in the United States and is concerned about attacks on Jewish Americans, Arab Americans and Muslim Americans.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-rcna120978#rcrd21980

Also heightened alert for parents attending school board meetings. 

48 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Goddamnit, I promised I would not further reply on this thread...I hate myself already!

But, I'll try to be nice: please, please try to understand "blast analysis" before you comment.

I'll put it simply: a JDAM makes a huge crater, propagates enormous over-pressure, has a very particular impact acoustic, and doesn't create an orange-red fireball.

Go find available pics of the impact crater; it is TINY. Review the video you posted earlier. Look at the cars: they would be flat as pancakes from a JDAM.

Zero question: this is impact via high order explosion from an unburnt glucose-nitrate (or other double-base) rocket motor, with secondary burn effects.

I don't disagree with your comments about this particular event.

I would like to point out that "JDAM" is a terminal guidance system. 

It can be used for a wide varieties of yields.

A 500 pounder fused for contact produces a certain result.

A 1000 or 2000 pounder produces a different result.

The fuses used cause yet a different result.

None of that result is the because it is a JADM.

JADM is guidance.

The result is physics, and not related to guidance.

Edited by sherpa

52 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Also heightened alert for parents attending school board meetings. 

While leaving the border open for over a year and when something happens wondering where our intelligence gathering failed!  At the same time avoiding the obvious answer.

CNN — 

A State Department official has resigned from the agency over the Biden administration’s approach to the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, the official announced on LinkedIn Wednesday.

Josh Paul, who said he has worked in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs for more than 11 years, said in his LinkedIn post that he resigned “due to a policy disagreement concerning our continued lethal assistance to Israel.”

“Let me be clear,” Paul wrote. “Hamas’ attack on Israel was not just a monstrosity; it was a monstrosity of monstrosities. I also believe that potential escalations by Iran-linked groups such as Hezbollah, or by Iran itself, would be a further cynical exploitation of the existing tragedy. But I believe to the core of my soul that the response Israel is taking, and with it the American support both for that response, and for the status quo of the occupation, will only lead to more and deeper suffering for both the Israeli and the Palestinian people – and is not in the long term American interest.”

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

CNN — 

A State Department official has resigned from the agency over the Biden administration’s approach to the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, the official announced on LinkedIn Wednesday.

Josh Paul, who said he has worked in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs for more than 11 years, said in his LinkedIn post that he resigned “due to a policy disagreement concerning our continued lethal assistance to Israel.”

“Let me be clear,” Paul wrote. “Hamas’ attack on Israel was not just a monstrosity; it was a monstrosity of monstrosities. I also believe that potential escalations by Iran-linked groups such as Hezbollah, or by Iran itself, would be a further cynical exploitation of the existing tragedy. But I believe to the core of my soul that the response Israel is taking, and with it the American support both for that response, and for the status quo of the occupation, will only lead to more and deeper suffering for both the Israeli and the Palestinian people – and is not in the long term American interest.”

I think all voices should be heard, but he’s not offering anything with respect to solutions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think all voices should be heard, but he’s not offering anything with respect to solutions. 

He added: 

“There’s a moment where you can say, OK, well, you know, it’s out of my hands, but I know Congress is going to push back,” he told the Times. “But in this instance, there isn’t any significant pushback likely from Congress, there isn’t any other oversight mechanism, there isn’t any other forum for debate, and that’s part of what got into my decision making.”

U.S. Capitol Police arrested around 300 people who were protesting inside the rotunda of the Cannon House Office Building to demand that Congress pass a cease-fire resolution in the Israel-Gaza war amid an intensifying humanitarian crisis.

The arrests occurred after demonstrators, including American Jews and allies worried about Palestinians in Gaza, rallied on the National Mall. Protesters held a banner with red writing that said “Our blood is the same color,” waved Palestinian flags, and raised posters that read “My grief is not your weapon,” “Never again for anyone,” and “Zionism is racism.” There were Jewish people wearing prayer shawls and kippot, young activists sporting tattoos and nose rings, and people in headscarves and Palestinian checkered black-and-white scarves.

“We are here to say, ‘Not in our name,’” Jay Saper said. “We are here as Jews — many descendants of survivors of genocide — to stop a genocide from unfolding in real time.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/10/18/dc-protest-israel-gaza-ceasefire-jewish/

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He added: 

“There’s a moment where you can say, OK, well, you know, it’s out of my hands, but I know Congress is going to push back,” he told the Times. “But in this instance, there isn’t any significant pushback likely from Congress, there isn’t any other oversight mechanism, there isn’t any other forum for debate, and that’s part of what got into my decision making.”

Perhaps he should consider offering his services and expertise to Israel, or the Palestinians.   Common sense suggests there should a path to peaceful coexistence, but we’re talking about hostilities dating back to the beginning of time.  

And for whatever it matters, one of the common complaints from conservatives, liberals and independents alike is that there isn’t any significant pushback and oversight mechanism in government generally. 

• Like (+1) 2

Every Middle East leader except Netanyahu blew off Dopey Biden's planned meeting.  He (it/her/they) has no respect from the international community.  Guy is a joke.  What an embarrassment.  What a mess.   

• Like (+1) 1

Gee.  "Who's the American Ambassador to Israel" ?  Right ?  😎

Biden’s Nominee For Israel Ambassador Oversaw Infamous ‘Pallets Of Cash’ Payment To Iran

by Dylan Housman

Joe Biden’s nominee to be Ambassador to Israel, Jack Lew, oversaw the infamous “pallets of cash” transfer of funds to Iran while serving as former President Barack Obama’s Treasury Secretary in 2016.

(snip)

As Treasury Secretary, Lew oversaw the transfer of the initial $400 million payment on Jan. 17, 2016, which was delivered in the now-infamous form of foreign cash carried on a number of pallets by aircraft.

“Jack Lew is an Iranian sympathizer who has no business being the U.S. ambassador to Israel,” Republican Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said Sunday. “The Senate should not confirm him.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/17/jacob-jack-lew-iran-deal-payment-israel-ambassador-joe-biden/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-paid-1-3-billion-to-iran-two-days-after-cash-delivery/

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1713624821567774739?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1713624821567774739|twgr^8902fd7805c4c13daf6a0c6d3360a2ced46d13f8|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fpolitics%2Fgop-senators-block-jack-lew-israel-ambassadorship-controversial-past-iran

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Justice said:

Oh. Lol 

Side note. My sweet little 12 year old daughter was called a terrorist in school yesterday. You guys would never know what it feels like to be Palestinian American. I’m a man with no home. If WW3 breaks out I totally expect to be placed in a concentration camp. 

I'm Polish on both sides. looked at the history of Poland since 1000  on Wiki. Numerous invasions every century. There was no Poland for the second half of the 19th century until the end of  WW1. It was divided by Austria/Humiigary and Germany. That led to my being here. My mother's father was born in 1888 in Poland. He said around 1910 ,there were rumblings of another war. He said that there was no way  he was going to fight for the Germans. He somehow got  passage to the US and settled here. There was a lot of Polish jokes that finally died out when JPII was named pope in 1979.

• Like (+1) 1