Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean, it’s not as good as listening to Trump say the thing, the same lies over and over again

words vs actions.

Remember the MOAB in Afghanistan?  

Iranian terrorist general?  

4 years of No theatre expansion.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

It has systemic problems that cannot be solved with the current structure of the organization, and is, thus, useless.

It gives people a chance to talk, but it is a failure and will continue to be.

Fundamentally flawed? Yes.

Bloated? Yes.

Useless? No. Countries still do pay attention to the UN and at least try to justify their actions. It is certainly possible that a world without a UN would be even worse.

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It always amazes me when people state things that have absolutely nothing to do with the point they seek to refute.

I never claimed anything regarding the US vis a vis an opinion that the UN is a useless organization in matters such as this.

It has systemic problems that cannot be solved with the current structure of the organization, and is, thus, useless.

It gives people a chance to talk, but it is a failure and will continue to be.

I agree. It is a failure. Because everyone has their one agenda. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

All this and you guys still think Israel didn’t know what was coming on the 7th?

And I know how this is gonna sound but that recording can be from anybody. This is not proof of anything. Is it possible it’s real? Yeah… maybe. It isn’t evidence though. 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Fundamentally flawed? Yes.

Bloated? Yes.

Useless? No. Countries still do pay attention to the UN and at least try to justify their actions. It is certainly possible that a world without a UN would be even worse.

The world needs a functioning body that comes near the stated objectives of the UN.

This group and it's structure is not, and is useless in these situations.

What it is is a spy haven.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The world needs a functioning body that comes near the stated objectives of the UN.

This group and it's structure is not, and is useless in these situations.

What it is is a spy haven.

The sure have taken a lead role in promoting information about global warming. Saving the planet 

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The sure have taken a lead role in promoting information about global warming. Saving the planet 

Another useless endeavor.

Might be a worthy objective, but they have countless, useless viewpoints with absolutely no reasonable ability to do anything.

Doubt that?

Watch how China would react to anything regarding its gross environmental posture, which extends from the sea to the land to space.

The UN is a very expensive, totally useless noisemaker. 

• Like (+1) 1

Breaking self imposed quarantine to link this important article from an interesting perspective.  Heard Terry Gross interview the author of this piece on NPR.  He gives the perspective of a top hamas politician while remaining objective.  Nothing rationalizes the barbarism and slaughter that has occurred imo.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/what-was-hamas-thinking

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So it hit a parking lot and not a weapons cache? Hamas and the Palestinians might be lying because I can’t see how 500 ppl would die from this alone  

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

WTF 

Edited by Justice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Justice said:

So it hit a parking lot and not a weapons cache? Hamas and the Palestinians might be lying because I can’t see how 500 ppl would die from this alone

Causing some critical thinking? Cognitive dissonance?  second guessing where you read about the 500 people being killed in it?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Causing some critical thinking? Cognitive dissonance?  second guessing where you read about the 500 people being killed in it?

I question EVERYTHING and EVERYONE at all times. Like I’ve said many times in the past. There ain’t no good guys and bad guys in power. They’re all bad. They’re all evil. I don’t trust any of them and neither should any of you.  

Edited by Justice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's satire from the Babylon Bee. Nobody here takes it seriously, well except John From Riverside. 

Oh. Lol 

Side note. My sweet little 12 year old daughter was called a terrorist in school yesterday. You guys would never know what it feels like to be Palestinian American. I’m a man with no home. If WW3 breaks out I totally expect to be placed in a concentration camp. 

• Sad 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A homeland security official told NBC News that the Department of Homeland Security is monitoring a “heightened threat environment” in the United States and is concerned about attacks on Jewish Americans, Arab Americans and Muslim Americans.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-rcna120978#rcrd21980

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A homeland security official told NBC News that the Department of Homeland Security is monitoring a “heightened threat environment” in the United States and is concerned about attacks on Jewish Americans, Arab Americans and Muslim Americans.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-rcna120978#rcrd21980

Wow I guess they were sleeping at the wheel on that one chasing red maga hats 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Goddamnit, I promised I would not further reply on this thread...I hate myself already!

But, I'll try to be nice: please, please try to understand "blast analysis" before you comment.

I'll put it simply: a JDAM makes a huge crater, propagates enormous over-pressure, has a very particular impact acoustic, and doesn't create an orange-red fireball.

Go find available pics of the impact crater; it is TINY. Review the video you posted earlier. Look at the cars: they would be flat as pancakes from a JDAM.

Zero question: this is impact via high order explosion from an unburnt glucose-nitrate (or other double-base) rocket motor, with secondary burn effects.

Relating to your other comments: sorry you feel this way, and will simply reply "wa 'alaykum salam".

Edited by Dukestreetking
Technical clarity
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3