Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

None of this is going well for anyone

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/15/middleeast/israel-hamas-gaza-war-sunday-intl-hnk/index.html

Gaza is suffering shortages of every kind, including body bags, say aid groups. Internet access, through which residents communicate their plight to the world, is shrinking. Food stocks are dwindling, the World Food Programme has warned.

Hospitals have run out of painkillers and many Gazans are beginning to suffer from severe dehydration due to lack of drinking water, according to medical NGO Medecins sans Frontieres.

“The situation is very difficult…today for two hours we searched for drinkable water—even drinkable water is not available anymore,” said Dr. Mohammed Abu Mughaiseeb, the organization’s deputy medical coordinator in Gaza. “There is food. No electricity, no pumping of normal water as well, the hospitals are barely working… They are bombing all day. We don’t know what’s going to [happen] tomorrow and where we are going.”

“We are on the verge of the abyss in the Middle East,” United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned in a statement Sunday.

He issued urgent appeals to Israel and Hamas: “To Hamas, the hostages must be released immediately without conditions. To Israel, rapid and unimpeded aid must be granted for humanitarian supplies and workers for the sake of the civilians in Gaza.”

“Each one of these two objectives are valid in themselves. They should not become bargaining chips and they must be implemented because it is the right thing to do,” he said.

For days, Israel has cut off the Gaza population’s access to electricity, food and water, prompting warnings of dire humanitarian crisis.

Pope Francis on Sunday also called for the establishment of humanitarian corridors in Gaza and for the release of hostages taken by Hamas.

In over a week of bombardment, Israeli airstrikes have killed least 2,670 people in Gaza, including hundreds of children, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.

Release the hostages. 

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Justice said:

The Jewish people were. The native Americans occupied the US too. I’m sorry. You’re out of your depths in this conversation. 

Israel also funds hamas. Read man. Read. Israel has literally given Hamas hundreds of millions of dollars along with Iran and other Muslim nations. 

Native Americans have rights and they have tribal lands returned to them. I live in Oklahoma (and have a CDIB card). There are legal rights for people who are Native vs non-Native. Do you live in Oklahoma territory? Do you have Native blood that can be traced and issues a tribal card? Trust me, in this regard? You're WAY out of YOUR depths.

Israel gives money to non-profits for humanitarian reasons, to Hamas. Not to buy weapons like Iran wants. Slight difference my man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Native Americans have rights and they have tribal lands returned to them. I live in Oklahoma (and have a CDIB card). There are legal rights for people who are Native vs non-Native. Do you live in Oklahoma territory? Do you have Native blood that can be traced and issues a tribal card? Trust me, in this regard? You're WAY out of YOUR depths.

Israel gives money to non-profits for humanitarian reasons, to Hamas. Not to buy weapons like Iran wants. Slight difference my man. 

Hahahahahhahaha. The Natives were wiped the hell out for the most part and you’re acting as if they have a good deal… you are a moron. You think the Israelis would take what we have given the Natives?? Come get your boy, fellas. This dude went full ######. 

Yeah for “humanitarian” reasons. Got it. [Wink wink]. Let me ask you who gives money to their sworn enemy and what sworn enemy accepts money from his enemy? 

Bro please. Don’t visit political sites. You should spend your time more wisely like farting in bathtubs. 

Edited by Justice

I'm not interested in discussing what ancient texts say.

I am interested in what Hamas says in their charter, which even in the slightly watered down revised version calls for the killing/destruction of Zionists, meaning every Jew living in Palestine/Israel (the original 1987 version applied to all Jews, wherever they were).

That doesn't mean Israel has carte blanche to destroy Gaza and all its inhabitants. It simply explains the nature of their enemy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not interested in discussing what ancient texts say.

I am interested in what Hamas says in their charter, which even in the slightly watered down revised version calls for the killing/destruction of Zionists, meaning every Jew living in Palestine/Israel (the original 1987 version applied to all Jews, wherever they were).

That doesn't mean Israel has carte blanche to destroy Gaza and all its inhabitants. It simply explains the nature of their enemy.

Two sides of the same coin. If it weren’t for the international community Israel would’ve been wiped out the Palestinians. By expanding settlements they’re doing it slowly until there’s no PA territory left. 

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

Two sides of the same coin. If it weren’t for the international community Israel would’ve been wiped out the Palestinians. By expanding settlements they’re doing it slowly until there’s no PA territory left. 

Yes or no, does the Hamas charter not call for the total annihilation of the Jews. It's a simple question.

32 minutes ago, Justice said:

Hahahahahhahaha. The Natives were wiped the hell out for the most part and you’re acting as if they have a good deal… you are a moron. You think the Israelis would take what we have given the Natives?? Come get your boy, fellas. This dude went full ######. 

Yeah for “humanitarian” reasons. Got it. [Wink wink]. Let me ask you who gives money to their sworn enemy and what sworn enemy accepts money from his enemy? 

Bro please. Don’t visit political sites. You should spend your time more wisely like farting in bathtubs. 

I'm not talking about what took place in 1680. It's 2023 in case you were struggling with that. You realize I'm Native American? Do you have any idea what benefits we get today? What my daughters get in college (or got, one just graduated)? Any clue?

Let me know, since you know everything... 

7 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Yes or no, does the Hamas charter not call for the total annihilation of the Jews. It's a simple question.

Yes, they are evil

Yes or no, Israel is building settlements on land that is suppose to part of the peace process for Palestine? 

Why to burn away that sympathy Israel had going for it Can't believe the IDF didn't blame Hamas

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-news-hamas-war-10-17-23/index.html

Palestinian health ministry says 200 to 300 people may have been killed in Israeli strike on hospital in Gaza

From Abeer Salman and Tamar Michaelis

Preliminary estimates indicate between 200 to 300 people were killed in an Israeli strike on a hospital in the center of Gaza City, the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza said in a statement Tuesday, noting many people still remained beneath the rubble.

The Palestinian government in Gaza said in an earlier statement that the strike on the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital had resulted in dozens of deaths.

“A new war crime committed by the occupation in the bombing of Al-Ahli Arabi Hospital in the center of Gaza City, resulting in the arrival of dozens of martyrs and injured at Al-Shifa Medical Complex due to the bombing. It should be noted that the hospital housed hundreds of patients, wounded, and displaced people from their homes forcibly due to the airstrikes,” the government statement said. 

Hamas released a statement on the strike, calling it a "genocide."

“The Al-Ahli Hospital Massacre in the heart of Gaza Strip is a genocide. Enough silence on the aggression and recklessness of the occupation,” Hamas said in a statement.

Israel Defense Forces spokesperson Daniel Hagari said the IDF is looking into the reported strike, saying since it was fairly recent, the IDF is still unclear whether the hospital was hit by an Israeli Air Force (IAF) strike or failed Hamas launch. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, they are evil

Yes or no, Israel is building settlements on land that is suppose to part of the peace process for Palestine? 

Why to burn away that sympathy Israel had going for it Can't believe the IDF didn't blame Hamas

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-news-hamas-war-10-17-23/index.html

Palestinian health ministry says 200 to 300 people may have been killed in Israeli strike on hospital in Gaza

Preliminary estimates indicate between 200 to 300 people were killed in an Israeli strike on a hospital in the center of Gaza City, the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza said in a statement Tuesday, noting many people still remained beneath the rubble.

The Palestinian government in Gaza said in an earlier statement that the strike on the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital had resulted in dozens of deaths.

“A new war crime committed by the occupation in the bombing of Al-Ahli Arabi Hospital in the center of Gaza City, resulting in the arrival of dozens of martyrs and injured at Al-Shifa Medical Complex due to the bombing. It should be noted that the hospital housed hundreds of patients, wounded, and displaced people from their homes forcibly due to the airstrikes,” the government statement said. 

“The Al-Ahli Hospital Massacre in the heart of Gaza Strip is a genocide. Enough silence on the aggression and recklessness of the occupation,” Hamas said in a statement.

Israel Defense Forces spokesperson Daniel Hagari said the IDF is looking into the reported strike, saying since it was fairly recent, the IDF is still unclear whether the hospital was hit by an Israeli Air Force (IAF) strike or failed Hamas launch. 

Hamas blames the IDF. IDF said they don't know, they are investigating what happened. Tibs instantly blames Israel. Doesn't wait for the facts. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, they are evil

Hamas knew what Israels response would be, that it would be brutal and that innocents in Gaza would be killed. Hamas chose to do what they did anyways, sacrificing their own.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Hamas knew what Israels response would be, that it would be brutal and that innocents in Gaza would be killed. Hamas chose to do what they did anyways, sacrificing their own.

Yes, agreed. 

But Israeli leaders who pushed the settlement issue also knew what Palestians would do. Think about that. Many of them--the Orthodox--know they don't have to do the fighting, the, what Trump referred to as the Suckers and Losers will 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The Hamas "leader" was killed in a freakin' refuge camp. These people are savages. Hiding among the civilians and kidnapping people. 

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, agreed. 

But Israeli leaders who pushed the settlement issue also knew what Palestians would do. Think about that. Many of them--the Orthodox--know they don't have to do the fighting, the, what Trump referred to as the Suckers and Losers will 

What are the odds.... 

ISF Air Force using US precision weapons, somehow hitting a hospital (Israel does not target hospitals, never have) or a rogue Hamas rocket? This was in the middle of the night WHILE HAMAS WAS FIRING ROCKETS. 

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, agreed. 

Curious.  Many here made similar arguments with regard to the war in Ukraine suggesting Russia was provoked to attack by actions from NATO, the US, and Ukraine itself before the actual invasion.  Just as the settlements pushed Hamas into action the arming of Ukraine and efforts to join NATO provoked Russia into action.  But you dismissed that argument and completely blamed Russia saying that argument appeases Putin. But here you're willing to give the attacker, Hamas, a pass suggesting they were provoked while absolving them of responsibility.  So what's the distinction between the two situations you're making?  Is it you don't like Israel and you don't like Russia?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Curious.  Many here made similar arguments with regard to the war in Ukraine suggesting Russia was provoked to attack by actions from NATO, the US, and Ukraine itself before the actual invasion.  Just as the settlements pushed Hamas into action the arming of Ukraine and efforts to join NATO provoked Russia into action.  But you dismissed that argument and completely blamed Russia saying that argument appeases Putin. But here you're willing to give the attacker, Hamas, a pass suggesting they were provoked while absolving them of responsibility.  So what's the distinction between the two situations you're making?  Is it you don't like Israel and you don't like Russia?

Ukraine wasn’t taking Russian territory at all. That’s the difference 

16 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What are the odds.... 

ISF Air Force using US precision weapons, somehow hitting a hospital (Israel does not target hospitals, never have) or a rogue Hamas rocket? This was in the middle of the night WHILE HAMAS WAS FIRING ROCKETS. 

You’d think, at least, Israel would deny it, they didn’t …. Yet 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Ukraine wasn’t taking Russian territory at all. That’s the difference 

You’d think, at least, Israel would deny it, they didn’t …. Yet 

Because they are investigating it. But you're quick to blame without that. Because you're pro HAMAS

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I’ll answer your question but you need to answer mine as well. For one I’m offended you think I wouldn’t answer this question. It does call for the annihilation of Jewish people, but if our country was occupied would you greet the enemy with love or hate? Would you accept defeat? Would you not fight? You’d be facing a far superior army. What would you do to resist the occupation? And please do not say it isn’t an occupation. Just answer the question. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I'm not talking about what took place in 1680. It's 2023 in case you were struggling with that. You realize I'm Native American? Do you have any idea what benefits we get today? What my daughters get in college (or got, one just graduated)? Any clue?

Let me know, since you know everything... 

aren’t you the one that mentioned 3000 years ago? Lol this MFer. Lol.

Oh poor soul you’re talking about benefits lol. Your ancestors would be disgraced. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, they are evil

Netanyahu delivering on his promises 

Hamas blames the IDF. IDF said they don't know, they are investigating what happened. Tibs instantly blames Israel. Doesn't wait for the facts. 

“Doesn’t wait for the facts”. Aka. He thinks for himself and doesn’t wait for someone to spoon feed him BS 

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

This is why you go in with soldiers and not bomb the F out of the place. 

Hamas hit an Israeli hospital? Yeah, sure. Emulate Hamas. 

• Eyeroll 1

The Hamas "leader" was killed in a freakin' refuge camp. These people are savages. Hiding among the civilians and kidnapping people. 

You know who else is savages? The guys that wiped out your people. The ones that  sell drugs to their own people. The ones that force us to take untested vaccines. The ones that sell us poisonous foods. Any clue who’s doing those things? Are they not “savages”?

42 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What are the odds.... 

Last night I was watching the news. They asked the IDF about hospitals, schools and such. The guy said all bets are off. We’re hitting Hamas wherever they hide. Next day… a hospital got hit 

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

You know who else is savages? The guys that wiped out your people. The ones that  sell drugs to their own people. The ones that force us to take untested vaccines. The ones that sell us poisonous foods. Any clue who’s doing those things? Are they not “savages”?

Who are "they" that did all these horrible things?

20 minutes ago, Justice said:

I’ll answer your question but you need to answer mine as well. For one I’m offended you think I wouldn’t answer this question. It does call for the annihilation of Jewish people, but if our country was occupied would you greet the enemy with love or hate? Would you accept defeat? Would you not fight? You’d be facing a far superior army. What would you do to resist the occupation? And please do not say it isn’t an occupation. Just answer the question. 

I know that I wouldn't participate in the inhuman raping and torture and killing of civilians. That's my answer to you.

8 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I know that I wouldn't participate in the inhuman raping and torture and killing of civilians. That's my answer to you.

I know you say that but if you can just imagine the level of hate one can have for his oppressors. Allow me to dumb it down for you.

Let’s say a child of about 12 years old in 2014 lost his entire family to an airstrike. That kid is now 22 years old. Raised without a family. Nobody to teach him right from wrong except for maybe some sick ass Hamas members. How the F do you think this kid will come out??

See everything is black and white for most of you. When in reality it’s gray as hell. 

Just now, Justice said:

I know you say that but if you can just imagine the level of hate one can have for his oppressors. Allow me to dumb it down for you.

Let’s say a child of about 12 years old in 2014 lost his entire family to an airstrike. That kid is now 22 years old. Raised without a family. Nobody to teach him right from wrong except for maybe some sick ass Hamas members. How the F do you think this kid will come out??

See everything is black and white for most of you. When in reality it’s gray as hell. 

I think even with the hatred, the passionate hatred, one can have there should be a level of humanity inside. The things that were done on the Hamas attack showed that there was no humanity, making those terrorists appear to have no soul.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wnyguy said:

I think even with the hatred, the passionate hatred, one can have there should be a level of humanity inside. The things that were done on the Hamas attack showed that there was no humanity, making those terrorists appear to have no soul.

Fully agreed but I’m not gonna sit here and pretend to know what that feels like and how I’d react 

• Haha (+1) 1

I love how certain media types and politicians tell us how dangerous Elon Musk’s Twitter/X is due to “misinformation”

meanwhile….

It was those same politicians and media outlets reporting, without confirmation, that Israel air strikes hit a hospital in Gaza. 

It was Twitter/X with Community Notes and the sharing of conflicting reports that gave a more accurate reporting of what happened, what we know and what we don’t yet know. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I love how certain media types and politicians tell us how dangerous Elon Musk’s Twitter/X is due to “misinformation”

meanwhile….

It was those same politicians and media outlets reporting, without confirmation, that Israel air strikes hit a hospital in Gaza. 

It was Twitter/X with Community Notes and the sharing of conflicting reports that gave a more accurate reporting of what happened, what we know and what we don’t yet know. 

No way Israel would bomb a hospital. Impossible. The people that gave the PA territory to control and then turn right around and build settlements on them would never do that. They’re full of honesty and integrity. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

No way Israel would bomb a hospital. Impossible. The people that gave the PA territory to control and then turn right around and build settlements on them would never do that. They’re full of honesty and integrity. 

They're very upset, they weren't scheduled to bomb that particular hospital for at least a few more hours.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

In over a week of bombardment, Israeli airstrikes have killed least 2,670 people in Gaza, including hundreds of children, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.

Sad. But I can't help thinking the best way to not get your kids killed is to not kill someone else's.

What do you think we should do about this?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Honestly this proves absolutely nothing. Just as easily one can say rockets were being launched from that spot and Israel returned fire and hit the hospital. It can also be what this video says but it’s not proof. 

• Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, Justice said:

Israel certainly isn’t perfect.  

And I didn’t say this hospital attack was settled.  

Which is more than I can say for Tliab, Omar, Politico etc.., who all came out and repeated propaganda verbatim in the immediate aftermath to blame Israel without confirmation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

IN THE INFORMATION WAR

By Scott Johnson

As I have stated several times, the IDF has proved itself a more reliable source of information than mainstream media sources in past wars.

Now Hamas is claiming the IDF hit a hospital in Gaza. Though it has since been changed, the original headline on the AP story reporting the explosion appears to have read “Israel bombs Gaza [hospital] where civilians sought refuge.” The story was based on the assertion of “[t]he Health Ministry run by Hamas.” Mark that down as a characteristic victory for Hamas in the information war.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/in-the-information-war.php

Of course, to the poor victims it doesn't really matter who shot the missile, their deaths are still tragic.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

My question is when is enough, enough? My fear is one can’t really define terrorist or Hamas member. If Israel says they are you all believe it. They just have to say it. No proof necessary. 

• Haha (+1) 1