Goodbye BarBill, Hello Bar at Main and Hamlin.

Draconator

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah no. Pretty much the entire wing eating world outside western New York eats their wings with ranch. 

That's because it's cheaper, plus the rest of the chicken wing eating world eats fried chicken wings not BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS.

Fancy assed sauces ich

14 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’ve heard wings and pizza in Buffalo is overrated…I prefer to get my wings from dominos 

Their wings are like jailhouse chicken. Or pigeon as most call it. Talk about tiny.

I heard this from a friend. 😉

Edited by Bubba Gump

I'm one of the few WNY'ers who actually really dislikes Bar Bills "wings".  I think they suck and hate their sauces.  Give me Gabriel's Gate or Duff's in Orchard Park or on Sheridan, and maybe Dick Road (the other Duff's locations suck) any day over Bar Bill. 

However, I do love Bar Bill for their Beef on Weck which is by far the best I've had and a pretty consistent sandwich every time we stop in.  Has anyone tried the Beef on Weck at Main & Hamlin yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

That's because it's cheaper, plus the rest of the chicken wing eating world eats fried chicken wings not BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS.

Fancy assed sauces ich

Since when are wings not fried? 

28 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Speaking of wings? Anyone living in Cheektowaga? Is Johnny's on Union and Cleveland still open? And how is their wings/ pizza these days?

Love Johnny’s. They are still open. Really good wings and breadsticks 

42 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

That makes me sad, so very sad

It’s still true tho 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Preds said:

I'm one of the few WNY'ers who actually really dislikes Bar Bills "wings".  I think they suck and hate their sauces.  Give me Gabriel's Gate or Duff's in Orchard Park or on Sheridan, and maybe Dick Road (the other Duff's locations suck) any day over Bar Bill. 

However, I do love Bar Bill for their Beef on Weck which is by far the best I've had and a pretty consistent sandwich every time we stop in.  Has anyone tried the Beef on Weck at Main & Hamlin yet?

Dissenting opinion: Duff's on Sheridan is too saucy. Even when you order crispy, you get a soggy wing.

Duff's at Eastern Hills Mall knows how to make a wing, and their menu has more options.

4 hours ago, Preds said:

Back when I lived in WNY the best beef on weck was at Schwabl's in West Seneca.  Is that still a good place?

5 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Because they're all ignorant 

A couple of weeks ago I had a guy stop me in the parking lot of a grocery store here in Memphis.  I was wearing a Bills cap as usual, and he said he'd been a Bills/Josh Allen fan for years though he'd never been to Buffalo.  Then he asked me whether it was OK to use ranch dressing.  I just smiled and shook my head, making him laugh.  (What I SHOULD have said is that that's like putting ketchup on ribs -- something a Memphian would understand.)  But he also made a comment that maybe the blue cheese dressing in Buffalo is different than elsewhere, and I'm not sure about that.  I just said that it makes the wings taste better and we left it at that.  But maybe there actually is a difference in blue cheese dressing in different parts of the country.  Any ideas whether that's true?

16 minutes ago, Utah John said:

A couple of weeks ago I had a guy stop me in the parking lot of a grocery store here in Memphis.  I was wearing a Bills cap as usual, and he said he'd been a Bills/Josh Allen fan for years though he'd never been to Buffalo.  Then he asked me whether it was OK to use ranch dressing.  I just smiled and shook my head, making him laugh.  (What I SHOULD have said is that that's like putting ketchup on ribs -- something a Memphian would understand.)  But he also made a comment that maybe the blue cheese dressing in Buffalo is different than elsewhere, and I'm not sure about that.  I just said that it makes the wings taste better and we left it at that.  But maybe there actually is a difference in blue cheese dressing in different parts of the country.  Any ideas whether that's true?

No, Bleu cheese is Bleu cheese 

4 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

Air fryer wings all day. Will die on this hill.

I grill mine. I put Frank's Red Hot (original) on them before grilling. After they're cooked*, I toss them in Frank's again and then put them back on the grill for a minute to make the sauce adhere to the wings and add a little crispiness.

I do plan to try air frying - maybe after grilling season.

*Use a meat thermometer to check them for doneness, so they don't overcook and dry out. As soon as they approach 165°F, they're done.

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Back when I lived in WNY the best beef on weck was at Schwabl's in West Seneca.  Is that still a good place?

Never been to Schwabl's but I'm partial to Adrian's on Grand Island for my favorite Beef on Weck.  But I hear there's a place in Olean that has some Killer BoW!

Some of us are unable to go to any of those places, but the best wings available here in Ohio are from Quaker Steak and Lube, and they are surprisingly excellent. I think better yet would be to ask what the best wing places are out there in out of town enclaves 😑

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.