Jets are signing Trevor Siemian to their practice squad.

Gregg

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Colin Kaepernick applied for the job. Honestly, it's a very well constructed letter. But 6 years inactive is a loooooooong time.

This dude is not a very good QB. He isn't terrible but he isn't very good either.  He sued the NFL and reached a settlement with them.  Not many people sue their employers and still work for them.  Nobody is going to hire this dude.  It's time he gives up.

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

Now will Colin Kapernik finally STFU.  Not even the Jets want him.

and look were the Jets are. Maybe they're not the best team to learn from.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This dude is not a very good QB. He isn't terrible but he isn't very good either.  He sued the NFL and reached a settlement with them.  Not many people sue their employers and still work for them.  Nobody is going to hire this dude.  It's time he gives up.

Lot of very bad QB's around, at least he had some success. Given the situation, why not at least get him on the practice squad.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

and look were the Jets are. Maybe they're not the best team to learn from.

Lot of very bad QB's around, at least he had some success. Given the situation, why not at least get him on the practice squad.

Yes there are a lot of bad QBs that is for sure.  I think he got done wrong but after suing and this amount of time out of the league there is about zero chance he gets hired.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes there are a lot of bad QBs that is for sure.  I think he got done wrong but after suing and this amount of time out of the league there is about zero chance he gets hired.

That seems pretty obvious.  Don't know if he could be effective after all these years,  but I'll bet the players would support him. 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, he's just not good enough for any of the owners to break ranks. The kneeling thing seems like much ado about nothing given where we've gone since then, but suing your potential employer and then depicting them as actual slaveowners in your movie, I just don't see it happening for Kaep.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, he's just not good enough for any of the owners to break ranks. The kneeling thing seems like much ado about nothing given where we've gone since then, but suing your potential employer and then depicting them as actual slaveowners in your movie, I just don't see it happening for Kaep.

Yup.  Classic case of Stockholm syndrome.   Poor guy.

11 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The Jets should’ve retained Mike White or went after a dude like Garappolo or even Gardner Minshew in the off-season. Going into the regular season w/ a 39 year old QB and Zach Wilson as your backup was extremely stupid and the Jets deserve everything coming to them. What a waste of a great defense. Now they are forced to go through the QB scrap heap and no doubt Siemian will be starting sooner rather than later. I’m happy. One less AFCE rival to worry about. Miami will always be Buffalo’s true rival. 

The Jets couldn't afford Garappolo nor would he have signed on to be a backup.  No team can afford to pay a superstar QB and another starting-caliber QB.  The Jests couldn't afford Minshew because they spent much of their available cap space on bringing in Rodgers' pals and adding Dalvin Cook.

You know what also has to sting for Jets fans. Texans rookie QB CJ Stroud has thrown for 906 yards with 4 TD's and 0 INT's. He also has a QB rating of 98. In just 3 games playing for a bad Texans team, he has shown more potential and promise in becoming a good QB in this league than Wilson has in his 3-year career.

Edited by Gregg

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

10-12 guys who are great at the NFL level...

Simian can go up against the best college team in the world and drop 60 on them tomorrow 

The talent Gap from an NFL quarterback to even a division 1 starter is insane ...

He's not a ***** QB lol he's just not good enough to start for the NFL or be a primary backup 

That's why there's 40 professional basketball leagues around the world..  you might not be a good enough point guard for the NBA but you can be a professional PG

That pro point guard in Turkey doesn't suck.. he's actually great.. just not good enough for the league

That's how I view all these bottom roster quarterbacks.. and QB3s

They are still better than 99% of the quarterbacks in the world... Which is an accomplishment.. they just aren't good enough to consistently crack the NFL

Sam castronova from williamsville South... Division 3 quarterback.. impressive arm.. team scored 55 a game in college .. got some invites to NFL camps.. but never even made a roster

He still throws locally trying to prolong his career ... And his arm is insane... Like when you see it up close you're like damn

The way the ball spins... Even if you didn't know who he was you'd be like he has to be a pro... And he could barely get a try out to a mini camp 

It's because being an NFL quarterback is the hardest job in sports..  and even the 4th stringer does have immense talent ..  even if it doesn't hold up in the NFL

I'm reminded of the Denver game without a QB. Kendall Hilton was recurited as a QB in college. He completed one screen pass in a NFL game. Nathan Peterman could run circles around most of the general population. Thats how good these guys are

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

The Jets couldn't afford Garappolo nor would he have signed on to be a backup.  No team can afford to pay a superstar QB and another starting-caliber QB.  The Jests couldn't afford Minshew because they spent much of their available cap space on bringing in Rodgers' pals and adding Dalvin Cook.

They could’ve easily got Minshew who the Colts signed for less than 3 million.  Bet they wish they made that move now. 

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I was absolutely shocked that the Jets kept Wilson. You just had to clean that out of the locker room. They should have traded Wilson (you probably could have gotten a 3rd) and signed Mike White. The Jets would have rallied around White and with that defense, they still could have gotten into the playoffs. But now? That team is about to implode and they might have to fire the coach. What would be absolutely hilarious is if Rodgers forces them to promote Hackett to the HC position. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.