Are this numbers important for sunday matchup ?

Italian Bills

After three games, looking at the AFC we have: 

Bills 2nd in PA (35) 11.6 per game - phins 11th (71) 26.6 per game

Bills 2nd in PF (91) 30.33 per game - phins 1st (130) 43.3 per game but 70 just in one game only

Differential: 

Bills 2nd (+56) - phins 1st (+59) 

To me, the 70 points game distort the phins real numbers. 

They seem to be a very strong team… maybe just nit so much in real, after all. 

Do this numbers say something to you ?

Without the last second field goal allowed, we would be the best D in the entire League. Just saying…

Edited by Italian Bills

No. We have played garbage QBs and clueless  coaches.

That all changes Sunday. Tua is playing at an elite level and McDaniel looks the part of offensive guru so far. 

Bills D will have all it can handle. 

Feels like a 38- 35 game whoever has the ball last type of game. Then again when you think that sometimes it is a defensive struggle.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Bills 2nd in PF (91) 30.33 per game - phins 1st (130) 43.3 per game but 70 just in one game only

Differential: 

Without the last second field goal allowed, we would be the best D in the entire League. Just saying…

What the numbers say to me ( admittedly I'm anti Miami dolphin as they are a divisional rival and I remember the 70s), is that we need to squish the fish so solidly that reality hits them that they aren't the powerhousecthey think they are.  Shutting down their offense and dominating top on their defense and we could see their team collapse from internal squabbling.  Hope it causes some internal friction when we embarrass them, but I'll be satisfied if we just take care of our game against them elven if they are just behind us in standings st end of year as r.

All the numbers mean is both teams are good. The Dolphins numbers indicate they likely have a more exp0losive offense, Bills likely a better D. But three games worth of stats dont mean much other than confirming what was expected of the teams so far. 

19 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Wilson, Jimmy G, and Howell...

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No. We have played garbage QBs and clueless  coaches.

That all changes Sunday. Tua is playing at an elite level and McDaniel looks the part of offensive guru so far. 

Bills D will have all it can handle. 

Feels like a 38- 35 game whoever has the ball last type of game. Then again when you think that sometimes it is a defensive struggle.

What he said

19 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Differential: 

I don't think they mean much due to the low sample size and difference in teams played. That said, the Dolphins are riding a high, and that can be dangerous in any team. If we can run the ball, I think we'll be OK. I think McD will put out a D that will keep Miami's offense in reason. Our O possessions need to be efficient (TDs vs FGs) and use some clock.

I'd love to be able to put pressure on Tua consistently. That'll be a tall task.

All I've taken from 3 games are as follows:

Miami has a great offense.  They haven't played a great defense.

Buffalo has a great defense.  They haven't played a great offense. 

New England is a good defense, and they held Miami to 24 points.  I think that's something to take note of, but our Offense better be on point and ready to score 30+.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Some other numbers to look at

Josh Allen - facing a middle of the pack pass defense, ranked 16th

Bills RBs - facing 23rd ranked rush defense

Bills WRs - facing a middle of the pack pass defense, ranked 16th

Bills TE's - facing 25th ranked TE pass defense

Could Dorsey scheme up a game plan to feed Knox and Kincaid ?

Tua - facing the 2nd ranked Bills pass defense

Dolphins Rbs - facing the 9th ranked rush defense

Dolphins WRs - facing the Bills 3rd ranked pass defense

Dophins TEs - facing 4th ranked Bills TE defense

In summary, the Bills defense is just far better than the Dolphins.  I predict the Dolphins will struggle on offense and their point total will be far less.

Bills offense faces a very mediocre Dolphins defense.

I predict a Bills win just by looking at the numbers.  Dorsey will have to draw up a slightly different game plan and exploit the TE's

Turnovers will be the equalizer. However, can Josh be patient and take the throws to the TE's and get Cook involved and avoid turnovers ?

Going to be interesting to see the Bills D vs the Miami O.  Does the Bills older secondary have the ability to cover Waddle and Hill????  Maybe the Bills can get to Tua, maybe not. Can the Bills shut down the run. (its the Bills blind spot)  Not last years D for sure, with the MLB being a new twist for sure.  Miami will be ready, so will the Bills.  Pickum.......I like the bills at home though by a couple.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.