Sunday Night Football: Steelers at Raiders

Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Garrapolo panics way too often. Although Steelers have been in his face a lot tonight. 

True but you can count on 3 fingers the number of NFL QBs that don't panic under pressure.

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

This game is the perfect example of the NFL having too many primetime games.  Neither one of these teams is very good; this should have been an undercard 4:25pm game.

Yes but it only matters how many people are viewing the game.

Just now, Beck Water said:

We did manage to lose to the Jaguars back in 2021 so …..any given Sunday

And to Zac Wilson two straight years with another chance remaining. But Raiders are done and I just can’t picture meeting Pittsburgh in the wild card or divisional round, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Just how McDaniels drew it up

He'll be sulking back to Bill Belichick for a job in not too long, just like every other Patriots coach. When will people learn not to hire from that organization?

• Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Although I was laughing at Collinsworth opining how Wallace wasn’t trying to tackle the runner and just force him inside on the goal line.

No, Collinsworth, he muffed it.  But he does get to be the hero of the game

He was an UDFA that the Bills  found and coached up and he has made $8m the last two years with a few more million to come I think 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Denver fired McDaniels for a reason.  I'm surprised he got another chance after the Colts fiasco.

Damned Straight.

Not only McDaniels fired by Denver, but he was beyond atrocious as OC in St Louis.  Spagnuolo has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a fine and competent OC.  7-9 Bradford’s 1st season with Pat Shurmer as OC. I won’t say McDaniels single-handedly got Spagnuolo fired from the rams, but replacing Shurmer with McDaniels when Shurmer left to coach the Browns had a huge amount to do with it (2-14)

I have no idea why teams still lined up to hire him after he burned the Colts.

Edited by Beck Water

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

He'll be sulking back to Bill Belichick for a job in not too long, just like every other Patriots coach. When will people learn not to hire from that organization?

Question: What do you think will happen with the Giants and Daboll?

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I thought he got caught doing the whole Patriots cheating thing there.

I think it was more that having been give personnel control, he took them from 8-8 to 4-12

McDaniel claimed he had no knowledge of it, the NFL fined him $50k, and if the team had won, they wouldn’t have made the Broncos fire him

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Ron Rivera apparently thought their 51-yarder would be worth 37 points, so who knows

It makes no sense. They have 3 time outs on top of that so even if they failed on the 4th down, the Raiders would’ve had another decent shot if the defense holds up on the ensuing possession. Kicking the FG you would’ve needed a defensive stand also so I don’t understand the logic at all. It’s the most conservative play call I’ve ever seen and I’ve suffered through the dark years of Dick Jauron. Absolutely moronic

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.