Bills Defense

Milanos Milano

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

I am really worried about the backend of the defense.   White has played poorly.  Benford has been ok.  Elam is not even playing...and the two safeties look old and invisible. We are looking at the final year of Poyer and Hyde.

White has been targeted just 3 times and the TD he gave up, he played it about as well as anyone could have (Wilson made an amazing play). I suspect he's playing better than you think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

I think the two safeties are going to be the weak spot on this defense; they're over the hill, and slow. 

32 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Poyer looks rough. Not much left in the tank - physically or mentally.

And on top of that his wife has probably been abusing him mentally for not earning a huge contract from Miami or a big market team.

Hopefully he's able to hang in there and play his best ball in January.

I still think our S group is upgraded compared to last year.

I’d take a slightly older Poyer and Hyde over fully healthy Hamlin, Cam Lewis and the boys 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Looked like Bernard was trying to bump the front and they didn't move. Ideally you'd want a 3 and 6 to the tight end/wing after that motion. The biggest issue was Poyer getting sucked in. Good play design by the Raiders though showing the down/down from the tackle guard up top before releasing to block the tunnel screen.

Reading this just made me feel football illiterate 😔

• Agree 2

I'm impressed by McDermott as DC. I don't know the defense's power ranking, but it must be Top-10.

The only thing I miss: because McDermott as HC has to always be paying attention to the field. He won't be rallying and strategizing the defensive players while the offense is on the field.

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

I'm here for you big fella! Let me know what's confusing and I can clarify!

Thanks. I will pm you when I have such questions. Some primer on the terminology would be great. Savvy watchers like you, Gunner, Simon, Badol, Bocephuz can diagnose individual players and plays so much faster in real time! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

The pass rush has made opposing QBs uncomfortable but seldom gets them on the ground.  Zero sacks yesterday.  Still, I think success is coming.

I always feel like sacks are overrated.  It's more about applying consistent pressure, especially if you can get it done with only 4 guys.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm sorry but Tre, Micah and Jordan have all lost a step. I could see this year being the last for our dynamic duo. And it wouldn't surprise me because of the "Elam fail" that we draft a CB early to slide Tre to CB2.

Ooof.

That's a lot of holes for Beane to fill next off-season.

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Reading this just made me feel football illiterate 😔

No problems. I'm still trying to figure out what a "twitchy" player is.

28 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I always feel like sacks are overrated.  It's more about applying consistent pressure, especially if you can get it done with only 4 guys.

Pressure is great, but sacks are better.  Instead of second and 10, it's second and 17.  And usually that means a punt on fourth down.

This is exactly why the Bills went out and got Von Miller -- as a finisher.  I just hope Miller is still Miller after his injury and recuperation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.