Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Does Everyone just believe everything they read on the internet?

Humans have never been known to lie?

Pegula already came out and said these disgusting comments are 100% not his and he never said anything like that

Why jump on somebody when you don't have any facts

Pegula already came out and said these disgusting comments are 100% not his and he never said anything like that

You read that on the internet didn't you?

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the problem isn't with the composition rosters, as you know.  so your rejoinder lacks both wit and any sense.

The proportionality standard lacks wit and sense. The composition of the roster is being referenced as the standard, so it’s part of the alleged problem too. 

55 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Cars often only are stopping to merge from a standstill because drivers in the other lane refuse to let them merge at speed.

There is only a "crowd to beat" and room to advance relative to the crowd because of the aversion to proper zippering that utilizes the full lane space available.  This is reinforced by the drivers that refuse to make room for other drivers to merge.  So instead of there being a quarter mile of slow but steady two-lane traffic with cars slotting in with each other at the end, there's a half-mile (or likely longer) backup of single-file line with no consistent flow, no mutually agreed upon mesh point, and vindictive drivers who refuse to let people merge ahead of them which in turn forces people to shove their cars awkwardly into the lane when they feel like they can.  This then causes the dramatic slowdowns and stoppages.

Zippering is very effective and is the standard practice in most regions.  I thought exactly the same way you did (since I did all of my driving in WNY norms) until I moved outside of the area for a bit and realized that we do merges the complete opposite of how they're supposed to work.

I’ve driven in other countries , and drivers were much more courteous. Often these things don’t work here due to rudeness and entitlement. For example , you let one car in from the merge of land and try to move on .. 2 or 3 more cars try to wedge in instead of waiting their “ turn “. You’ve got it all wrong imo .. you blame the individual with the right of way etc rather than the actual offender. A common mentality in this area unfortunately. The A-*** is the one to be defended rather than the courteous driver. 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If you read the article, the quote about Terry states: 

“Bills owner Terry Pegula made racist comment, lawsuit alleges

ESPN

Sep 12, 2023, 02:04 PM ET

Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula allegedly made a racist comment about Black players in the NFL, according to a racial discrimination lawsuit against the league filed Tuesday by longtime reporter Jim Trotter.

Trotter alleges in the lawsuit that in 2020, a fellow NFL Media reporter recalled a conversation he had with Pegula, who was speaking to the reporter about the NFL's social justice initiatives and Black Lives Matter.

The reporter, who was not identified in the lawsuit, told Trotter and approximately 40 other NFL Media coworkers during a Zoom call that Pegula said: "If the Black players don't like it here, they should go back to Africa and see how bad it is."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38387165/bills-owner-terry-pegula-made-racist-comment-lawsuit-alleges

Double or triple hearsay would be for example, reporter A tells reporter B that subject X said “XYZ”, and reporter B testifies to that effect—in court that’s hearsay, because the declarant would be the best person to testify about that statement, having been a party to it. Triple adds another layer, if for example one of the “40” tells Reporter B that Reporter A said he heard Subject X say XYZ…

In other words, it's a situation where one person relays what someone else said, who in turn was repeating what a third person said. As a general rule, that’s just not reliable or admissible in court, because prone to inaccuracies.

Trotter says one of those 40 NFL Media employees  during  conference call told him/them this.  To the group on the call, it would not be hearsay. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Trotter says one of those 40 NFL Media employees  during  conference call told him/them this.  To the group on the call, it would not be hearsay. 

Testifying to what someone else told you is hearsay.  

A media employee telling Trotter what he claims Pegula said is clearly hearsay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think they knew the specifics--in fact his suit claims he wanted to mention the Jones comment on TV but NFL Media execs told him not to.

My quick take is that those are two different things. My boss telling me not to tell the public anything about a bad thing I know about my company is different than the powers that be contacting me in due diligence. 

The story for the league is a reputable first hand account of something terrible being said. And the same person saying “hey look into this one too”. 

In a weird way, if Terry is in fact totally clear here, his involvement in this today is because of league HQ and Jerry Jones.

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The proportionality standard lacks wit and sense. The composition of the roster is being referenced as the standard, so it’s part of the alleged problem too. 

the problem is obvious: it doesn't involve Pakistanis or Canadians.

you already knew this, but answered as you did anyway...

Just now, Blackbeard said:

Testifying to what someone else told you is hearsay.  

A media employee telling Trotter what he claims Pegula said is clearly hearsay.

we all understood that.  "double" and "triple" hearsay is the topic of discussion.

the media employee saying so in court clearly would not be hearsay 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For Trotter to say it, is hearsay. If we hear from the other reporter or the other 40 directly, that would not be. Until then, it’s just not admissible statements from a court based evidentiary standard. 

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

For Trotter to say it, is hearsay. If we hear from the other reporter or the other 40 directly, that would not be. Until then, it’s just not admissible statements from a court based evidentiary standard. 

correct--see above.

but Trotter wasn't hearing hearsay

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

is it even remotely possible the accuser would benefit from lying about it

To be clear, the accuser for Pegula is an unnamed reporter. Trotters complaint is that the league didn’t do anything to investigate what he heard from Jones and what a colleague says they heard from Pegula.

Additionally It sounds like Trotter is trying to say that after filing a complaint with the league and them never responding despite multiple attempts, that his professional life then got harder. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.