New-found Respect for Stef

pocoboy

Diggs got so much heat for those points in 2022 where he wore his emotions on his sleeve. He knows as much as anyone about what's contributing to this slump that Allen is in. Whether it's Allen letting his hubris take over instead of coaching points, or being distracted by the stardom, or simply not doing the work preparing for the game, I surely think Diggs was (and is) onto something.

I think we all wanted to give Josh the benefit of the doubt - Dorsey, elbow, OL struggles - but I don't think Diggs reacts that way if it's truly any of that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I think Diggs is a contributing factor (though not the only one) of Allen’s slump.

I do not think it’s any coincidence that 2 of Allen’s 3 interceptions came while forcing the ball to Diggs.

It doesn’t excuse them, but it does make me wonder if Allen is attempting to appease.

Edit: A few posters pointed out that one of the interceptions I thought was intended for Diggs was actually intended for Hardy.

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Diggs is a beast. He expects that level of focus and effort out of everyone and he's not getting it. If he's frustrated then that is totally understandable. He's putting everything he has into this and I don't think anyone else on this team can say the same thing. Definitely not the guy who is the "face" of the franchise, that's for sure. I wish we had 22 Diggs' on the field last night

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think Diggs is a contributing factor (though not the only one) of Allen’s slump.

I do not think it’s any coincidence that 2 of Allen’s 3 interceptions came while forcing the ball to Diggs.

It doesn’t excuse them, but it does make me wonder if Allen is attempting to appease.

Nope. Just Allen being Allen. 

there is a reason he has more turnovers than games played 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

When Allen fumbled it he tried to pick it up so he could throw it to Diggs to appease him..

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Incorrect - 1st INT ws intended for Hardy (or whatever his name is), 2nd to Diggs, 3rd to Gabe; so he spreads his bad throws around.  What he really should have done is throw the ball to Kinkaid underneath for 7 yards every play until the Jets covered it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The first INT forced to Harty.  The second to Diggs. The third INT forced to Gabe Davis.  You are incorrrect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Diggs is not the problem. I'd love to hear what he thinks the problem is (not that I ever will).

I think Diggs was/is pissed that Allen isn’t focused on football…rightfully so, it would seem. Diggs acts and performs like a pro, Josh, not so much.

• Agree 2

Diggs is clearly the leader of this team.  I don't know why "fans" crap on him.  He has combination of the skillset and the drive that we all want in our players.  When things are turbulent, he's the one trying to get Josh's head back in it, he was the one trying to get his teammates ready to play after Hamlin went down (and the first one to go to the hospital afterwards). Watching him practice - he works the craft more than any other receiver on the roster.   He's Josh's safety blanket.

WR1, TE and S are the positions we don't need to worry about at a week to week basis.  They're consistent.  All other positions seem to vary greatly on any given week.

Edited by DasNootz
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Love him or hate him, Diggs is THE star on this team over everyone else.

Talent, grit, desire.  It's ALL there.  

And overly emotional.

I honestly think this is a problem with the offense at the moment; the three key men in Josh, Diggs and Dorsey are generally emotion first, calm logic second. It can make for a hotbed of over-reaction and spiralling, which results in outcomes like yesterday. Saying that, it was good to see Diggs trying to gee Josh up before one of the final drives (in my tired state can't remember if it was before the last 4Q or OT drive), even if it perhaps came a touch too late.

Diggs is the best WR the Bills have ever had. I know who that “slights” I mean what I said. Put him on those 90s teams and what do you think Diggs does? If we get rid of this guy I’ll be livid. We don’t need less guys like Diggs, we need more. Get in the QBs ear and correct the carelessness. All the teams in this league are good, you can’t win playing like #######s. Take the game seriously and start treating each drive like it matters. Ball security is very important.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.