We will never win anything with McD here

HomeskillitMoorman

My wife said something last night that really made sense to me. A simple statement made by a casual observer. 

"The don't look like they have fun like they used to."

That got me thinking. Back in the season we made the AFCCG, they had fun. Goofed around on the sidelines. Had personality and played without pressure of expectations.

Since then, it's been more business like. They feel the pressure and it's gotten to them. Play tighter and when things start to go downhill in a game they often collapse and make mistakes.

The 2 games now we have lost to the Jets with Wilson at QB, I see the same attitude of those earlier Bills teams. Playing with house money. Playing for each other with emotion and feeling the moment. 

I just don't think this staff has done a great job getting the players focused when being the hunted over the hunters. 

42 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Josh has an awful game while the rest of the team plays just fine and you find a way to blame the head coach. 

38 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

‘13 Seconds’ was the ONLY test I needed to see! The most incompetent HC performance in NFL history, at the most critical moment!

McClapper can never come back from that grotesque FUBAR!

Josh got worse after having to play for McClappy with the UCL sprain which went into a tear.  ‘Tre White was on a path to be a legend.  You know before the whole sprain becoming a ACL tear.  He’s ruined players as a one more throw and one more play Coach.  Now, it’s all coming into full view.  Don’t think anyone can save him from himself at this point.  I think college programs are going to go through motions with him.  As they contemplate his manically questionable mental health.  

9 hours ago, peterpan said:

Allen is obviously regressing BAD.  It was evident last year with Daboll gone.  

allen obviously needs better coaching, and I believe that can only happen with an offense head coach who will be here for a long time.

I still cannot fathom this point…seems like a knee jerk reaction after a bad game. There were plenty of games with Daboll here where the offense was useless and now that he’s gone people are misremembering imo. This board was constantly criticizing Dabolls playcalling and mostly happy when he left.  

the offense was statistically great last year despite having two horrendous offensive linemen and a qb with a bum elbow for half the season…it has nothing to do with Daboll leaving

teams like the jets and prime tj watt Steelers have always given josh problems

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I haven't been one of those fans calling for McDermott's head but wow tonight was BAD...if the season plays out with more losses like this I seriously wonder if his hot seat could be warming up.  The team looked like they just flat out quit in the 2nd half tonight

I’d honestly prefer to can Dorsey before McD. The lack of offensive production since midway last season has been alarming with the talent we have. 

although firing an OC mid season is usually a desperation move that leads to the HC being fired if it doesn’t work out. Doubt McD fires Dorsey cause he knows it could be the end of him too

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I still cannot fathom this point…seems like a knee jerk reaction after a bad game. There were plenty of games with Daboll here where the offense was useless and now that he’s gone people are misremembering imo. This board was constantly criticizing Dabolls playcalling and mostly happy when he left.  

the offense was statistically great last year despite having two horrendous offensive linemen and a qb with a bum elbow for half the season…it has nothing to do with Daboll leaving

teams like the jets and prime tj watt Steelers have always given josh problems

Not a knee jerk reaction. Some here were calling for Dorsey to be canned after last season. 

I agree on the daboll point. I personally think he’s overrated and an above average OC but nothing special. 

I know they don’t grow on trees, but we need someone from the shanahan scheme that can scheme this offensive to success and not rely on josh to make amazing plays all the time. 

Josh  trying to be elite and make splash plays constantly is an indictment of Dorsey’s scheme. Josh doesn’t believe in it and thinks he has to take things into his own hands. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The offensive production is because of Allen… not the “talent” around him… but when his head is in scrambled egg mode you get what you saw last night.

Seems to me that when things aren’t going his way he tries to do even more himself to get a shot at redemption and sometimes it snowballs like last night.  

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Not a knee jerk reaction. Some here were calling for Dorsey to be canned after last season. 

I agree on the daboll point. I personally think he’s overrated and an above average OC but nothing special. 

I know they don’t grow on trees, but we need someone from the shanahan scheme that can scheme this offensive to success and not rely on josh to make amazing plays all the time. 

Josh  trying to be elite and make splash plays constantly is an indictment of Dorsey’s scheme. Josh doesn’t believe in it and thinks he has to take things into his own hands. 

Well yea if you agree with the Daboll point I take no issue 😂. Dorsey isn’t noticeably worse than Daboll is all I was saying…doesn’t bother me where people want to rank both those guys

daboll just surprised first year as a head coach so people are elevating what he did with the bills.  I think it’s likely gonna come crashing back to earth this year though 

glad ya'll finally coming to the light. rejoice in my words! let us cherish this bond!

image.png.638969ed5687cfcaf194de33292a660b.png

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

I’d honestly prefer to can Dorsey before McD. The lack of offensive production since midway last season has been alarming with the talent we have. 

although firing an OC mid season is usually a desperation move that leads to the HC being fired if it doesn’t work out. Doubt McD fires Dorsey cause he knows it could be the end of him too

mcdermott messed up big time making himself DC.

putting an unpolished young OC in the position he is in with Brady who is not the right man to be the QB Coach was and is risky.

if there is a problem he cannot take focus off of his responsibilities at defense to focus on offense, and he cannot can his OC at this point because that's a big mistake.

mcdermott made this mess putting dorsey as OC without giving him enough support, then exacerbated the issue making himself DC.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been suspended for calling out the coaching staff (crusading against coaches) any fan with a smidge of football intelligence can see McDermott is our downfall at this point.....sure McDermott was needed in 2017 and 2018 but he has taken this team as far as it can go with his coaching style

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McD ruined Allens' career by drafting defense and none with WR and O-line. Kicking field goals, punting, 13 effing seconds..etc.

Never liked McDermott.  Don't like how he operates.  He's not accountable to fans.  13 seconds he refused to point the finger and everybody knows it was the DC but McDermott would not even state the obvious.  Feelings... nothing more than feelings... he's not tough enough.  He's only good enough to take you to the well but you can never drink.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It'll all come crashing down because Beane knows both schemes suck, and drafted to try and force scheme changes that mcd won't make. So we're back to Josh trying to put square pegs in round holes on O. And it's left us with the worst version of this outdated D we will see, smaller, older, slower

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.